HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Line Combos: Has this been tried? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=602533)

RoyBoyCoy 02-02-2009 09:17 PM

Has this been tried?

I was thinking about our line-up and how Carbo has seemingly tried every combination possible, Begin-Lang-Kovalev??? REALLY?!?! But anyways I was thinking of lines that could potentially do well.

I don't know if this has been tried yet but would a Pacioretty-Koivu-AKost look good? AKost as the goal scorer, El Capitano setting him up and Pacioretty provides a powerforward presence. Andrei isn't afraid to get gritty from time to time and Koivu is a warrior so this line wouldn't get b**ched around. I know it seems like NHL08 chemisty but I truely believe this would be a good line. Again, has it been tried, if so, did it look good?

What do y'all think? Any other lines you think could be good?

JHabs 02-02-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 (Post 17687705)
I was thinking about our line-up and how Carbo has seemingly tried every combination possible, Begin-Lang-Kovalev??? REALLY?!?! But anyways I was thinking of lines that could potentially do well.

I don't know if this has been tried yet but would a Pacioretty-Koivu-AKost look good? AKost as the goal scorer, El Capitano setting him up and Pacioretty provides a powerforward presence. Andrei isn't afraid to get gritty from time to time and Koivu is a warrior so this line wouldn't get b**ched around. I know it seems like NHL08 chemisty but I truely believe this would be a good line. Again, has it been tried, if so, did it look good?

You know what I think? I think your Avatar doesn't match your Name :sarcasm:

WeThreeKings 02-02-2009 09:23 PM

A Kost on the RW, so automatically, no, it hasn't been tried.

RoyBoyCoy 02-02-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarfangor (Post 17687779)
You know what I think? I think your Avatar doesn't match your Name :sarcasm:

I know :( I've been wanting to change my name for a while now but something about how I can only do it once a year or something iuno.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 17687820)

I was under the impression that both the Kosts played both wings to more or less equal ability.

Pr3Va1L 02-02-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 (Post 17687851)
I was under the impression that both the Kosts played both wings to more or less equal ability.

Carbo doesn't seem to know that.

Ross MacLochness 02-02-2009 09:28 PM

I'm going to cry if I hear tomorrow that Carbo wants to give AKost-Plekanec-Kovalev another shot. Laugh first, then cry.

And yes, Pacioretty-Koivu-A Kostitsyn does sound like it could work. Koivu-Andrei with almost anybody on the left could have potential. (Anybody but Kovalev of course)

NewHabsEra* 02-02-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 (Post 17687705)

effectively, I think this line has alot of potential and is certainly worth a try..

MastaK 02-02-2009 09:41 PM

Look at my avatar, I think Pacioretty could be the one on the LW also if Higgins doesn't pick up his game...it would be a great line

Chomsky 02-02-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 17687820)

He played RW for two games in a row, give it a break now.

Pascal 02-02-2009 09:48 PM

the problem isn't the lines... it's quite obvious by now.

JesusBouillon 02-02-2009 10:07 PM

I think Carbo should put back D'Agostini with Koivu and Kostisyn, they were on fire until Saku went down.

InPriceWeTrust 02-02-2009 10:10 PM

I thought Higgins game has picked up.

Stradale 02-02-2009 10:21 PM

Id like to see the captain with the Kost bros.

S. Kost-Koivu-A. Kost
Higgins-Plekanec-D'Agostini
Pacioretty-Lapierre-Kovalev

Turbo 02-02-2009 10:35 PM

How about reuniting A Kost - Koivu - D'Agostini ?

Only reason they stopped playing together was Koivu's injury. They were extremely dangerous until then. Why haven't they been given another shot?

Kriss E 02-02-2009 11:53 PM

New line combos..yes..absolutely..that's the solution :sarcasm:

saints96 02-03-2009 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo (Post 17689175)
How about reuniting A Kost - Koivu - D'Agostini ?

Only reason they stopped playing together was Koivu's injury. They were extremely dangerous until then. Why haven't they been given another shot?

i agree! that line was so productive, i hope carbo realizes that and gives them another shot.

HardcoreHab 02-03-2009 07:37 AM

I wish Carbo would stop constantly shuffling the lines. It's one thing to tinker, it's another to completely screw with them several times a season. No more Begin or Kostopoulos on scoring lines. PLEASE!!!

saints96 02-03-2009 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardcoreHab (Post 17691933)
I wish Carbo would stop constantly shuffling the lines. It's one thing to tinker, it's another to completely screw with them several times a season. No more Begin or Kostopoulos on scoring lines. PLEASE!!!

ya its called the carbo lottery or ``Lotto Carbo`` you think he draws names randomly out of a hat:sarcasm:

Montreal Typical 02-03-2009 07:48 AM

As if the lines are the problem :shakehead

HardcoreHab 02-03-2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Railman (Post 17691995)

Every formula consists of many ingredients. Completely shuffling the lines ever couple of games is not helping matters either.

saints96 02-03-2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Railman (Post 17691995)

it`s not soley the problem but it doesn`t help.. are you telling me it doesn`t make a difference who you play with?

la25ecoupe 02-03-2009 09:24 AM

AK - Saky - Dags
Patches - Plek - Kovy
Higs - Laps - SK

saints96 02-03-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanylapep (Post 17692777)
AK - Saky - Dags
Patches - Plek - Kovy
Higs - Laps - SK

thats exactly what i was going to put as lines. i couldn`t agree more

Qui Gon Dave 02-03-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness (Post 17687942)
I'm going to cry if I hear tomorrow that Carbo wants to give AKost-Plekanec-Kovalev another shot. Laugh first, then cry.

:biglaugh:

:cry:

Link