HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   We will be fine. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=602636)

waffledave 02-03-2009 08:23 AM

We will be fine.

I look around and I see a lot of negativity. I see a lot of negative energy. Not just around here on the boards, but in the media, in the city and around the whole fanbase. I can feel this negative energy. It's building, growing and creating a black void that is sucking everything good out of this sport we all love.

I ask you all...Why? Why are we doing this to ourselves. This negativity will do nothing for us. It will not give our players the strength they need. You cannot feed off negative energy...It only serves to bring you further into the void.

Yes, we've had some tough times. Dark times. Some of the worst times in recent history really. I hadn't felt this kind of negative energy since the infamous last game of the season vs Toronto. Or the time Saku was first diagnosed with cancer. Lang's injury was a huge blow to this team and I'll be the first to laugh at anyone who denies it.

But this season isn't over yet. We aren't over yet. This is not the time to back down. This is not the time for your faith to waiver.

This IS the time to stand up, put your Canadiens jersey back on, and believe. Believe harder than you've ever believed before. Because it's moments like this when legends are born. It's moments like this that go down in history as defining moments of a career. The great men of the past... the Rockets, the Gros Bills, the Larrys and the Dougs, the Howies and yes, even the Patricks...These men are remembered because of moments like this. These men were great because of moments like this. And the time has come for the new generation of great men to be born.

Saku. Kovy. Higgins. Andrei and Sergei. Tomas. Carey. Andrei. Komisarek. Your time has come. Some of these men have been close. People might even argue that a few of these men have been there before. But their past doesn't matter. It is today that will define how these men are remembered. It is today that will define whether these men deserve to walk among the ranks of the great. It is today that will separate the Canadiens, from those who simply put on a jersey.

To the players who have struggled: We forgive you. The past is in the past. To the fans who have waivered: We also forgive you. The bond we share as fans is not easily broken. The time has come to step up and move on from the darkness that has plagued our season. Do not embrace it. Do not let it overcome you. Don't even think about it! From today onwards, let it be known that we are moving on!

We will be fine. We have the talent to overcome this. We have the talent to be an elite team in this league. We ARE an elite team in this league. We might not be playing like one right now, but that doesn't change what we are. We've been hurt. Beaten. Left for dead. But we will keep fighting back. There is nothing this team cannot overcome.

Yes, there will be bumps in the road. We'll lose a game, maybe even two, or three. Maybe even in a row! It happens. I mean, times are tough after all. But this team will fight back.

I tell you this, friends. The Ghosts of the Forum are restless. They've been summoned. The great leaders of today...Gainey, Carbonneau, Muller, Koivu...They have called upon the Ghosts to give us strength. I can feel it. Can you feel it? Maurice, Howie, Doug, Boom-Boom, Jaques, and the rest of them. They're here. They're here, once again, to help us through these dark times.

We cannot let them down.

The team knows we cannot let them down.

So believe, friends. Believe in your team. Believe in your PRIDE. This is what we are. THIS is our heritage. We WILL overcome this. We have more than enough talent to do it.

I BELIEVE. I will NOT give up on this team. We don't need help. We welcome all who want to join the cause, but we don't need help. We already have all we need.

Except one thing, that is...

We need you to Believe too.

Jedrik 02-03-2009 08:50 AM

I wish I were on whatever meds you are, but this team has lacked consistency, effort and focus all year long. There are a handful of teams in each conference that are clearly better than us, IMO. They've been frustrating even when they're winning. The one wild card is that we have a potential series-stealing goaltender, but we're short on so many other elements. Hey, anything can happen in the playoffs, and I'm not writing this team off, but I don't think we're a team that's designed for the playoffs, especially when the type of officiating, which normally favours us, gets a little more liberal.

toshiro 02-03-2009 08:56 AM

I believe that Laps will continue his development into a Mario Tremblay sort of player. He is much faster and goons it up less often but has better hands than he is given credit for. Some players develop late. Mike Green is a good example. He is a better NHLer than he was a WHL er.

GoodKiwi 02-03-2009 08:59 AM

You believing will not improve the team unfortunately.

waffledave 02-03-2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P1x44r (Post 17692539)

Hence why we need you to believe too.

Puckhead58* 02-03-2009 09:04 AM

We will be fine if you are happy with re-building the team....but if you want to be a contending team, we got a lot of work to do and we're going to need to aquire a new face or 2 to bring us to that next level!!

I like the Habs roster right now. We have lots of youth in the lineup now who are learning the ropes....but we need our veterans to be the best players on the team and right now guys like Kovalev, Markov, Hamrlik, Koivu, Higgins and Begin aren't doing everything they can to win hockey games. We need aggressive players who work hard every game. Whats the sense in having a bunch of players who only show up to play well once a week? Look at Boston. They don't have any big superstar players and they are beating everybody. They are winning hockey games because they are working hard, skating hard and playing hard-hitting aggressive hockey. Until we get some of that aggression, we are not going to do any better.

la25ecoupe 02-03-2009 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P1x44r (Post 17692539)

Not him but the Habs can try to believe in themselves..

Selanne08* 02-03-2009 09:07 AM

no montreal really will NOT be fine.

GoodKiwi 02-03-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 17692566)

Well, as someone else once said - I will need to see it first to believe it.

Puckhead58* 02-03-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

The team needs to give me something to believe in first!!! Everybody going on the ice and losing battles for the puck every game and not putting forth a solid effort isn't a reason to believe in this team.

Yes I understand we have a lot of key guys with injuries, but the players who have been in the lineup all season long haven't been playing well all season long.....and thats the whole problem. When players get injured, we need our healthy players to step up and pick up the slack....and that isn't happening.

Something needs to give...SOON!!

fredez 02-03-2009 11:29 AM

Amen.

I believe.

Myron Gaines* 02-03-2009 11:34 AM

I believe, hell I believed when Yanick Perreault was our number 1 center, why wouldn't I believe now.

waffledave 02-03-2009 08:58 PM

How about now? Can I get some of you to join the movement?

Belso 02-03-2009 09:06 PM

It all depends how many nights they take off. They've got a lot of talent. If they keep the intensity up, for sure they can be better then last year. They have more experience!!

Let's pray they keep playing like tonight..

Coldplay 02-03-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 17707866)

I've been with this movement all year.

Whitesnake 02-03-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Not the time to be negative....but we have a team to play against the Rags and the Pens.

Habs10Habs 02-03-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

A few more games like this and I"m sure the bandwagon will fill back up.

FlyingKostitsyn 02-03-2009 09:21 PM

Even without Lang the potential of this team is better than last year's. All we need is for Price to get hot at the right time and finally get lines that gel together. Can we get the cup with this team?

YES WE CAN! (with an amazing streak of luck I know, but its not impossible)

Alfie Turcotte 02-03-2009 10:00 PM

I believe.

Joey 02-03-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Uhhh? When I go to hockey, the outcome of my game does not depend on whether a bunch of people I don't know believes in me. It mostly depends on...you know...effort and smarts. In other words it depends on my team to win my team's games. Not the "dark negative energy" of whoever likes watching me play

It's a nice thought, but it's up to the players to believe, not a bunch of people in front of their computers

Next Best Thing* 02-03-2009 10:20 PM

What a crazy long post and I didnt not even read 2 lines of it im sorry because im working on something, but I BELIEVE BABY.

waffledave 02-03-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey (Post 17710467)
Uhhh? When I go to hockey, the outcome of my game does not depend on whether a bunch of people I don't know believes in me. It mostly depends on...you know...effort and smarts. In other words it depends on my team to win my team's games. Not the "dark negative energy" of whoever likes watching me play

It's a nice thought, but it's up to the players to believe, not a bunch of people in front of their computers

People can feed of your energy.

Travis Moen 02-03-2009 10:31 PM

Ça sent la coupe!

Kriss E 02-03-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P1x44r (Post 17692625)
Well, as someone else once said - I will need to see it first to believe it.

That means you have no faith.

I have some, and I back Waffledave..wow I feel like a groupie..

This team will impress many.

BadHabit 02-03-2009 11:11 PM

Habs have the talent but they need to be motivated. If they put up an honest effort, they should be able to compete in any game and have a chance to win.