HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Audio after practice (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=602717)

Habs83 02-03-2009 12:12 PM

Audio after practice

http://habsinsideout.com/main/14864

Here's the audio from practice today. Few key's:

Carbo - Had a talk with Kovy, it was a good talk. Says Dandy and BGL should both be cleared this friday! :yo:

Kovy - Said talk was good with Carbo. Says he's not playing well, and needs to play better. Says he was trying to hard. Hopes to get the line back from last year.

Higgins - Hopes to get something going playing with Saku tonight.

Josh - Feels fine. He took himself out of last game.

Glad to hear a few more bodies will be returning to the lineup. Dandy should help solidify our blueline. BGL should hopefully be healthy and show us a good show the rest of the season!:handclap:

chris96 02-03-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs83 (Post 17695226)
http://habsinsideout.com/main/14864

Here's the audio from practice today. Few key's:

Kovy - Said talk was good with Carbo. Says he's not playing well, and needs to play better. Says he was trying to hard. Hopes to get the line back from last year.

oh god.. please tell me we are not going to see this line again.. as if AK46 needs this now... coming off a hot streak, saw a little 2 game slump, played better in the last few games, and now back to playing with Kovy :shakehead

Patty Roy 02-03-2009 12:23 PM

Sounds positive.

Looking for Kovalev to pick it up starting tonight.

I would imagine BGL replacing Henry on the 4th line by the end of the week.

The way O'Byrne has played since his callup i would keep him in the lineup. Not sure what that means for Dandeneault (ie. will he be primarely a forward or d man?). Either way i dont expect him to play regularly.

Magic33 02-03-2009 12:33 PM

Kovalev was trying to hard? Seems like he wasn't trying at all. That being said, I love the guy and I hope he can come up big down the stretch.

WeThreeKings 02-03-2009 12:37 PM

Talking the talk.
Will they walk the walk?
If they do, for how many games?
I'm not sold. Yet.
I won't be ever sold on Kovalev, however. That won't change.

Riverboat Gambler 02-03-2009 12:38 PM

I hope Big Georges' back is sound. With his conditioning, I'm glad they'll be trying to trim him down a bit, especially as he gets older. We have two more years and he can be an effective player for us provided he's in his best condition.

Georges was a tremendous forechecker at one stage in his career. I hope he can get down to his goal weight, maybe recapture a little dose of speed/agility.

I'll be pulling for him and I think we're a different team with him in the line-up.

hototogisu 02-03-2009 12:41 PM

How many times have we heard that from Kovalev this year? "I'm trying too much, I need to play better, use my linemates more", blah blah blah. Then he goes on a nice little streak before reverting back to what we've seen the past few games.

Beaker 02-03-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic33 (Post 17695621)
Kovalev was trying to hard? Seems like he wasn't trying at all. That being said, I love the guy and I hope he can come up big down the stretch.

No, he was trying too hard. He didn't rely on his linemates at all, it was 1 vs 5 out there. Luckily Lang was a good tempered person, cause if I was Kovalev's linemate I'd probably be one unhappy person. If he stops putting so much pressure on himself, and hands the puck to AKost or Plecky, chances are when he'll get the puck back in the offensive zone he'll be in a much better situation to score.

la25ecoupe 02-03-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 17695760)
How many times have we heard that from Kovalev this year? "I'm trying too much, I need to play better, use my linemates more", blah blah blah. Then he goes on a nice little streak before reverting back to what we've seen the past few games.

If that's how life is.. nobody on Earth would make mistakes anymore..

:)

CPrice 02-03-2009 12:49 PM

Does this mean BGL will be in on Friday? Im going to see the Habs play in Buffalo with 7 people. Hope the team is hitting its stride again.

GoodKiwi 02-03-2009 12:50 PM

Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

JHabs 02-03-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 17695691)
Talking the talk.
Will they walk the walk?
If they do, for how many games?
I'm not sold. Yet.
I won't be ever sold on Kovalev, however. That won't change.

Regardless if we get Laraque, Dandenault, Gorges, I don't think we are enough to make it past 1st round playoffs. IF we do? Its by some act of God.

Habs83 02-03-2009 01:57 PM

Carbo also said that the doctors who operated on Lang say he will make a full recovery and will play hockey again!:handclap::yo:

Monctonscout 02-03-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy (Post 17695463)
Sounds positive.

The way O'Byrne has played since his callup i would keep him in the lineup. Not sure what that means for Dandeneault (ie. will he be primarely a forward or d man?). Either way i dont expect him to play regularly.

I agree on O'b, he's looked very good the 2 games he's played. I loved the run he took at Kobasew at the end. When him and Komisarek are in the lineup opposing forwards keep thewir heads up.

CrAzYNiNe 02-03-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 17695760)

He's only human. I do want him to play better, I am sure he wants to play better. Maybe he thinks he is better off doing it alone then wasting a chance on his linemates. i don't want that to be the case, and I hope he opens his game up more tonight.

saints96 02-04-2009 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy (Post 17695463)
Sounds positive.

we dont need him, at all!

jcpenny 02-04-2009 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saints96 (Post 17715043)
we dont need him, at all!

I say we do need him on defense. Hes a good insurance policy.

TheCH* 02-04-2009 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris96 (Post 17695440)
oh god.. please tell me we are not going to see this line again.. as if AK46 needs this now... coming off a hot streak, saw a little 2 game slump, played better in the last few games, and now back to playing with Kovy :shakehead

I guess you are not saying that now after they solidified the win for us last night! Each guy played some of their best hockey this year.