HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Higgins and the shirt without and "A" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=602853)

Phalk 02-03-2009 06:26 PM

Higgins and the shirt without and "A"
 
Hi all!

Just heard on CKAC radio, Tremblay telling Villeneuve that he knows why Higgins is not wearing the "A" anymore....Anyone have any insight into this?...

Go habs!

JMMR 02-03-2009 06:28 PM

My guess is that Carbonneau and CO finaly figured out there were other players more deserving.

Eg. Komisarek, Markov.

Vasculio 02-03-2009 06:30 PM

Well, perhaps Higgins put too much pressure on himself because of that, or that he don't want the responsibilities that comes with this letter, that he just wants to concentrate on the game...

Anyway, Tremblay, Rejean ?? He's just so full of **** anyway...

HabsMarc 02-03-2009 06:31 PM

Komisarek totally deserves it. When Gainey is going to get rid of Koivu, #8 will get the ''C''

HotHabsFan* 02-03-2009 06:31 PM

according to Tremblay, its because he eats frog legs at the local buffet on the south shore !!!:sarcasm:

Team_Spirit 02-03-2009 06:31 PM

Komi got that A and deserve it. End of story.

TheCH* 02-03-2009 06:32 PM

Because Higgins spoke with Carbo expressing that he would like for Komisarek to keep it. That'd be my guess, i doubt he was stripped of it.

Le Tricolore 02-03-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotHabsFan (Post 17700975)
according to Tremblay, its because he eats frog legs at the local buffet on the south shore !!!:sarcasm:

Newport? Gross.

HotHabsFan* 02-03-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 17701023)
Newport? Gross.

Newport :yo::yo::yo: hehehe, mais pas les cuisses de grenouille ! just not enough meat for me.

Le Tricolore 02-03-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotHabsFan (Post 17701046)
Newport :yo::yo::yo: hehehe, mais pas les cuisses de grenouille ! just not enough meat for me.

My first job ever was at Newport. I got free food at the end of my shifts. The only thing I ate were the onion rings. Don't get me wrong, the kitchen is relatively clean, I just didn't find the food tasted good.

BaseballCoach 02-03-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsMarc (Post 17700974)
Komisarek totally deserves it. When Gainey is going to get rid of Koivu, #8 will get the ''C''

God, please NO!

Komisarek as Captain will mean that a segment of the Habs fanbase will turn against him because he isn't a local guy.

Mike simply doesn't deserve that battle.

And don't say it won't happen. If Gainey is forced to "get rid of" Koivu, because of pressure from those same people, then why whould Komisarek fare any better?

Le Tricolore 02-03-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballCoach (Post 17704532)
God, please NO!

Komisarek as Captain will mean that a segment of the Habs fanbase will turn against him because he isn't a local guy.

Mike simply doesn't deserve that battle.

And don't say it won't happen. If Gainey is forced to "get rid of" Koivu, because of pressure from those same people, then why whould Komisarek fare any better?

Gainey doesn't do moves to please fans, or media.

WestIslander 02-03-2009 09:14 PM

Komisarek got the "A" because it's the the beginning of his leadership in Montreal, you are looking at the next Captain of the Canadiens and don't worry about Higgins, he will have the "A" back on his jersey when Komisarek is the captain.

One Man Rock Band 02-03-2009 09:51 PM

Higgins will have it back next year, so it's no big deal.

Also, I think Higgins has missed so much time that it was kind of justified to give it to a player who is going to be on the ice with the club more often (and in the dressing room).

Next year, we could easily see;

C - Koivu
A - Komisarek
A - Higgins (or Markov)

Belso 02-03-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team_Spirit (Post 17700985)
Komi got that A and deserve it. End of story.

100% He earned and proved his leadship while wearing it in the absence of Higgins. Why remove it?

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 02-03-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballCoach (Post 17704532)
God, please NO!

Komisarek as Captain will mean that a segment of the Habs fanbase will turn against him because he isn't a local guy.

Mike simply doesn't deserve that battle.

And don't say it won't happen. If Gainey is forced to "get rid of" Koivu, because of pressure from those same people, then why whould Komisarek fare any better?

So than what? you have to make Latendresse or Lapierre captain? Gainey isn't influenced by the media or the fans that's why he isn't prone to rash decisions when the team losses a couple and everyone's screaming for someones head on a platter.

Dr. Charles 02-03-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballCoach (Post 17704532)
God, please NO!

Komisarek as Captain will mean that a segment of the Habs fanbase will turn against him because he isn't a local guy.

Mike simply doesn't deserve that battle.

And don't say it won't happen. If Gainey is forced to "get rid of" Koivu, because of pressure from those same people, then why whould Komisarek fare any better?

Why turn everything into a language debate?

Okay, I can do that as well...

... the love for Koivu on this board his growing everyday he avoids to speak french... The english part of the town feels good with Koivu as Montreal's captain. It makes those who can't speak a word of french less guilty of their flaws.

JMMR 02-03-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Charles (Post 17708764)
Why turn everything into a language debate?

Okay, I can do that as well...

... the love for Koivu on this board his growing everyday he avoids to speak french... The english part of the town feels good with Koivu as Montreal's captain. It makes those who can't speak a word of french less guilty of their flaws.


hahaha it is a flaw to not speak French?

Thats awesome.
this thread is headed for a lockdown.

emb24* 02-03-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestIslander (Post 17705987)
Komisarek got the "A" because it's the the beginning of his leadership in Montreal, you are looking at the next Captain of the Canadiens and don't worry about Higgins, he will have the "A" back on his jersey when Komisarek is the captain.

this makes sense. besides anything tremblay says is diarrhea

CastroLeRobot 02-03-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 17709374)
hahaha it is a flaw to not speak French?

Thats awesome.
this thread is headed for a lockdown.

IMHO, any Canadian who doesn't at least try to learn the second official language has a major flaw: Laziness

HotHabsFan* 02-03-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CastroLeRobot (Post 17710468)
IMHO, any Canadian who doesn't at least try to learn the second official language has a major flaw: Laziness

lol yeah ok there Mr Tremblay, i hear Mme Marois calling on your red phone !

CastroLeRobot 02-03-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotHabsFan (Post 17710540)
lol yeah ok there Mr Tremblay, i hear Mme Marois calling on your red phone !

Whatever. I'm an immigrant.

JMMR 02-03-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CastroLeRobot (Post 17710468)
IMHO, any Canadian who doesn't at least try to learn the second official language has a major flaw: Laziness

Okay and the same for people who only speak French?

Give me a break.


I speak a very minimal amount of French.
I can say the basics, order from a menu, ask for a bathroom.
But to say someone is lazy if they don't try is insane especially if said individual is from somewhere where they virtually never encounter a French speaking person.
I bet people from Vancouver and Toronto would run into way more Asian language situations then French ones.

CastroLeRobot 02-03-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 17710872)
Okay and the same for people who only speak French?

Give me a break.


I speak a very minimal amount of French.
I can say the basics, order from a menu, ask for a bathroom.
But to say someone is lazy if they don't try is insane especially if said individual is from somewhere where they virtually never encounter a French speaking person.
I bet people from Vancouver and Toronto would run into way more Asian language situations then French ones.

Absolutely, same thing applies to ALL Canadians.

The thing is, you are taught the basics of the second language in school for free. And last time I checked, school was mandatory. So if you're given the opportunity to learn the basics of a language that happens to be either spoken by the majority (english) or spoken by a huge minority (french) (vice versa in Qc) and you don't seize that opportunity, providing you don't have a learning disorder, you are lazy.

Magic33 02-03-2009 11:48 PM

Would anyone consider giving Markov the "C" after koivu. I know he's not much of a talker, but I personally think he is our best player. He's so solid on almost every night. I think he should get a look.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.