HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   SK-LAPPY-PAC vs LATS-LAPPY-KOSTO (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=603044)

saints96 02-04-2009 06:20 AM

SK-LAPPY-PAC vs LATS-LAPPY-KOSTO

SK-LAPPY-PAC vs LATS-LAPPY-KOSTO...which is a better 3rd line?

RoyBoyCoy 02-04-2009 06:31 AM

Sergei Kostitsyn-Max Lapierre-Max Pacioretty is better as a third line if Carbo wants to maintain his 3 scoring lines. All of them are good in their own end so that fits the bill for a regular Third line

EDIT: Bonus Question: I was at my neice's birthday during the game. Who centered our 4th? With Who? I assume with Kosto and Begin yes?

Marc Bergevins Suit 02-04-2009 06:34 AM

I absolutely loved that line last night, they were flying. Sergei seems rejuvenated, perfect timing too seeing how i dropped him in my hockey pool 20 minutes b4 the game.

saints96 02-04-2009 06:39 AM

first time these 3 players unite and it worked, lets just hope it continues that way. I think they can build great chemestry together. They are 3 solid players with lots of talent. They can each score goals, handle pucks, make plays, have grit, speed. The perfect combination i think

Iwishihadacup 02-04-2009 06:43 AM

I smell a Lats bashing thread

saints96 02-04-2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 17715004)

no one has bashed him yet, dont start assuming things right off the bat:p:

habsrock60 02-04-2009 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy (Post 17714956)
Sergei Kostitsyn-Max Lapierre-Max Pacioretty is better as a third line if Carbo wants to maintain his 3 scoring lines. All of them are good in their own end so that fits the bill for a regular Third line

EDIT: Bonus Question: I was at my neice's birthday during the game. Who centered our 4th? With Who? I assume with Kosto and Begin yes?

I believe it was Begin between Kosto and Henry

Iwishihadacup 02-04-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saints96 (Post 17715028)
no one has bashed him yet, dont start assuming things right off the bat:p:

i'm pretty sure its on your agenda... evil you

la25ecoupe 02-04-2009 07:14 AM

My question:

Would you take

Lats - Laps or
Laps - Kosto or
Patches - Laps or
Laps - SK74.

Pick two.

saints96 02-04-2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 17715092)
i'm pretty sure its on your agenda... evil you

you`d be wrong:P

saints96 02-04-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanylapep (Post 17715108)
My question:

Would you take

Lats - Laps or
Laps - Kosto or
Patches - Laps or
Laps - SK74.

Pick two.

no doubt cuz id put kosto on the 4th line with begin and laraque

Turtleneck Plek 02-04-2009 07:24 AM

Great line with 3 young'ns.

I believe that if they stay together, they could in the future become a great, GREAT combination. All of them show some grit, speed and offensive talent. I know Laps-Lats was a great duo, but I have a feeling SK-Lappy-MaxPac could become something special IF Carbo shows enough patience. They are all part of our future and together have all the elements to become a great line, should it be the third. MaxPax with the scoring touch, Sergei with the passing and Lappy with the grinding aspect. I'm amped for this line, even though it was only a game!

zx81 02-04-2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 17715004)

Of course, you know this forum can't live without the weekly Lats bashing thread.

Sergei plays one good game out 15 against a non hitting and struggling team and every Hfboarders wet their pants.

Let's wait a few games before claiming that Sergei finally got the message .

la25ecoupe 02-04-2009 07:34 AM

Lats - Laps - Patches or
Patches - Laps - SK74

?

saints96 02-04-2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx81 (Post 17715152)
Of course, you know this forum can't live without the weekly Lats bashing thread.

Sergei plays one good game out 15 against a non hitting and struggling team and every Hfboarders wet their pants.

Let's wait a few games before claiming that Sergei finally got the message .

No one has bashed lats and your calling this a lats bashing thread. does that sound normal to you...

Jedrik 02-04-2009 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akost (Post 17715147)
Great line with 3 young'ns.

I believe that if they stay together, they could in the future become a great, GREAT combination. All of them show some grit, speed and offensive talent. I know Laps-Lats was a great duo, but I have a feeling SK-Lappy-MaxPac could become something special IF Carbo shows enough patience. They are all part of our future and together have all the elements to become a great line, should it be the third. MaxPax with the scoring touch, Sergei with the passing and Lappy with the grinding aspect. I'm amped for this line, even though it was only a game!

I don't really see Sergei and Lapierre's upside to go beyond the third line, at least not full-time, whereas Pac will be a top six forward, IMO. Awesome apprenticing experience for Pac, though, if he gels on a third line for a season or so. Would be great for his two-way development. Maybe he could even develop in the direction of a Brenden Morrow-type player, rather than a strictly offensive-minded winger with drive to the net. Not saying that it's likely he will be a player of Morrow's calibre, but he's the one young guy we have that has the goods to potentially deliver that play at some point.

Iwishihadacup 02-04-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saints96 (Post 17715230)
No one has bashed lats and your calling this a lats bashing thread. does that sound normal to you...

:blah: this line is great even if Lats has not been on it :blah:
:blah: we can win without this fatzor :blah:

TrueHabsFan 02-04-2009 09:05 AM

Quick Observations about last night.
Yes, I know it was only one game, and mind you, the whole team played an excellent game, but i was really impressed with the way Lapierre's line played. Lapierre has really developed since he first got here and has proven that he is better than the 4th line center he was projected to be. He has excellent speed. He is showing that has great hands in front of the net. I believe that the line of Lapierre -Max Pax and Sk74 if given the chance to play together for some length of time will be able to outperform what Lapierre-Lats-Kostopolous did for a good stretch of time during the season. Here are a few reasons why:

1) Speed. Each of three players plays and skates at pretty much the same speed. Max is defintely faster than Gui, and Sergei (when he puts his head into the game) is a tad faster than Kosto.
2) Passing. Sergei is an upgrade on Kosto in the passing department. As displayed yesterday, the line made several tape to tape passes during odd man rushes, something which was not a forte of the previous Lapierre line. Sergeis pass to Hmarlik resulted in teh first goal. I dont think Kosto would have had the vision to make that pass.
3) Energy. Because of the fact that this line does not need to cycle the puck in the corners for 2 minutes, they can conserve their energy throughout the game. This line is able to skate the puck into the zone as opposed to dump and chase.
4) Line changes. Yesterdays line played a smart game, and did not stay out too long. Now im not bashing anyone. Im just stating my opinion or fact depending on how you look at it. But Guillaume had a tendancy of staying out too long for his shifts. Lapierre-kosto- Guillaume would dump the puck and instead of going out for a line change, chase the puck in and stay on too long. This eliminates the flow of the game for your team.
5) Hitting /Forechecking: Lapierres goal last night was a prime example. Pacioretty used his long reach and speed to get to the puck and pass it front of the net. Guillaume and Kosto hit to make hits, but rarely do their hits result in turnovers for the other team. Many times it causes them to be out of the play.
6) Line where each person has their identity. Sergei is the passer, Lapierre the energy guy that likes to work the corners, Pacioretty the big forward.

I think this is a great line. I like what i saw last night. Lets see how the expirement works over the next few games. But if last night is any indication of what is to come, i definitely believe that it is an upgrade over the KOSTO-GUI-Lapierre line. No doubt about it.

saints96 02-04-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueHabsFan (Post 17715859)
Yes, I know it was only one game, and mind you, the whole team played an excellent game, but i was really impressed with the way Lapierre's line played. Lapierre has really developed since he first got here and has proven that he is better than the 4th line center he was projected to be. He has excellent speed. He is showing that has great hands in front of the net. I believe that the line of Lapierre -Max Pax and Sk74 if given the chance to play together for some length of time will be able to outperform what Lapierre-Lats-Kostopolous did for a good stretch of time during the season. Here are a few reasons why:

1) Speed. Each of three players plays and skates at pretty much the same speed. Max is defintely faster than Gui, and Sergei (when he puts his head into the game) is a tad faster than Kosto.
2) Passing. Sergei is an upgrade on Kosto in the passing department. As displayed yesterday, the line made several tape to tape passes during odd man rushes, something which was not a forte of the previous Lapierre line. Sergeis pass to Hmarlik resulted in teh first goal. I dont think Kosto would have had the vision to make that pass.
3) Energy. Because of the fact that this line does not need to cycle the puck in the corners for 2 minutes, they can conserve their energy throughout the game. This line is able to skate the puck into the zone as opposed to dump and chase.
4) Line changes. Yesterdays line played a smart game, and did not stay out too long. Now im not bashing anyone. Im just stating my opinion or fact depending on how you look at it. But Guillaume had a tendancy of staying out too long for his shifts. Lapierre-kosto- Guillaume would dump the puck and instead of going out for a line change, chase the puck in and stay on too long. This eliminates the flow of the game for your team.
5) Hitting /Forechecking: Lapierres goal last night was a prime example. Pacioretty used his long reach and speed to get to the puck and pass it front of the net. Guillaume and Kosto hit to make hits, but rarely do their hits result in turnovers for the other team. Many times it causes them to be out of the play.
6) Line where each person has their identity. Sergei is the passer, Lapierre the energy guy that likes to work the corners, Pacioretty the big forward.

I think this is a great line. I like what i saw last night. Lets see how the expirement works over the next few games. But if last night is any indication of what is to come, i definitely believe that it is an upgrade over the KOSTO-GUI-Lapierre line. No doubt about it.

right on! i could not have said it better!

Iwishihadacup 02-04-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saints96 (Post 17715904)
right on! i could not have said it better!

Quote:

and you called me crazy?

this has turned into a Lats bashing thread

congratulation!

saints96 02-04-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 17715931)
and you called me crazy?

congratulation!

how is he bashing lats.. look i dont know if u have a crush on him like brunet does. people are allowed to say that they prefer a player to another.. i dont see that as bashing...try to not to take everything to heart;)

shao01 02-04-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Quick Observations about last night......

Good analysis. Especially #6.

TrueHabsFan 02-04-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 17715931)
and you called me crazy?

congratulation!

I am sorry i didnt bash lats. I said his line had been playing well. I gave my reason why i think the new line MIGHT be better. i dont hear you complaining of me bashing Kosto. You read what you want to read my friend. When you are bashing the kost bros , Kovalev, Higgins, thats ok. But if someone writes anything negative about your boy you seem to get nervous. Look my post was not meant to bash anyone at all. i was merely stating what i observed. They are called OPINIONS. You know why its an opinion, because it is what IIIIII feel, what i see, what i understand. Everyone has an opinion. I try to back mine up. Thats all. You have yours and thats great. Back it up. You run around around from Thread to thread defending poor little GUI. Seriously get a life. YOU are the reason this thread is going to turn into a Lats thrashing board.

Iwishihadacup 02-04-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saints96 (Post 17715985)
how is he bashing lats.. look i dont know if u have a crush on him like brunet does. people are allowed to say that they prefer a player to another.. i dont see that as bashing...try to not to take everything to heart;)

the clear conclusion of this thread is:

the last night line should be kept and Lats must be put back to the 4th line where (you think) he belongs

it may not look like it, but if this thread continues, it will look like this

Whitesnake 02-04-2009 09:24 AM

Can I just bring a stupid point?

How about we wait before calling the new 3rd line the line of the century....'cause wasn't it what the Lats-Laps-Kosto line was called for a few weeks? And not 1 game and we're done analyzing???