HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=603500)

Acadmus 02-05-2009 11:17 AM

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2
 
You know what it's for - to keep the boards clean of these sometimes fun but ultimately meaningless exercises in moot discussion;)

Rattrick 02-05-2009 11:45 AM

Hello Pantherz fans!!!1! I don't know a whole lot aboot your team, but I want to offer you a great trade. I hear Boimeastur wants to play in his back yeard.

Penner, Stortini, Nilsson and a 2nd in 2009, 4th in 2010 and 5th in 2041

for

Boimeastur, Huorton, 1st in 2009

WhAt doouz you sayez?

Biggzy* 02-05-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattrick (Post 17736249)
Hello Pantherz fans!!!1! I don't know a whole lot aboot your team, but I want to offer you a great trade. I hear Boimeastur wants to play in his back yeard.

Penner, Stortini, Nilsson and a 2nd in 2009, 4th in 2010 and 5th in 2041

for

Boimeastur, Huorton, 1st in 2009

WhAt doouz you sayez?

LOL. I love the pick in 2041.

Montsy14 02-05-2009 12:27 PM

I'm not a huge fan of spezza, but if he is available...how about something like this:

To OTT: Jay Bouwmeester + Rostislav Olesz + (Shawn Matthias - maybe?)

To Florida: Jason Spezza + Chris Phillips + 1st 09(SJ)

Laus723 02-05-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montsy14 (Post 17736846)
I'm not a huge fan of spezza, but if he is available...how about something like this:

To OTT: Jay Bouwmeester + Rostislav Olesz + (Shawn Matthias - maybe?)

To Florida: Jason Spezza + Chris Phillips + 1st 09(SJ)

:amazed: That likely won't bring in Spezza alone.

Montsy14 02-05-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 17736987)
:amazed: That likely won't bring in Spezza alone.

lol, you're probably right....wishful thinking i guess..

Laus723 02-05-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montsy14 (Post 17737006)
lol, you're probably right....wishful thinking i guess..

lol, it's all good, we all want a bargain.

Dread Clawz 02-05-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattrick (Post 17736249)
Hello Pantherz fans!!!1! I don't know a whole lot aboot your team, but I want to offer you a great trade. I hear Boimeastur wants to play in his back yeard.

Penner, Stortini, Nilsson and a 2nd in 2009, 4th in 2010 and 5th in 2041

for

Boimeastur, Huorton, 1st in 2009

WhAt doouz you sayez?

Absurdity!!!

Edmonton musts includes their 6th rounder in 2056!!!!

Laus723 02-05-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattrick (Post 17736249)
Hello Pantherz fans!!!1! I don't know a whole lot aboot your team, but I want to offer you a great trade. I hear Boimeastur wants to play in his back yeard.

Penner, Stortini, Nilsson and a 2nd in 2009, 4th in 2010 and 5th in 2041

for

Boimeastur, Huorton, 1st in 2009

WhAt doouz you sayez?

:laugh: Awesome! Especially the "I don't know a whole lot about your team, but..." Funny how people know nothing but think they have a "great trade."

RainingRats 02-05-2009 03:43 PM

What do you think about going after a guy like Milan Hejduk. He can still put up decent numbers. However, I think he has a NTC.

Montsy14 02-13-2009 04:40 PM

To Tampa: Brett McLean +3rd round pick

To Florida: Jeff Halpern

There's the center we need right there. Hes solid at faceoffs and is good offensively.

TheKingSlayer 02-14-2009 02:02 AM

What is this team looking for?
 
Hey I'm a leafs fan, but have always been a Vokoun fan, and so I am really glad to see he is doing well and that your team is finally putting everything together for a playoff push... My question to this board is what do you need, and what players are you looking at. At this point, I don't think that you are moving Jay-Bo and I understand that... so other than that are you looking at any leafs players, and if not what do you think is your biggest need going into the deadline?

Thanks

GoRatsGo 02-14-2009 02:45 AM

Horton is available. We need a top-line center...no wash up or scrubs, a legit top-line center.

Panthers_Fan 02-14-2009 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocatsgo538 (Post 17917985)
Horton is available. We need a top-line center...no wash up or scrubs, a legit top-line center.

Horton is not available. Do you honestly think JM is trading a guy he has just signed for that many years.:shakehead You just opened up the floodgates.:facepalm:

pb1300 02-14-2009 06:45 AM

Yea, Horton is NOT available. Martin has frequently said that he wants to add to center to play with Horton. And you can actually see the joy Horton is playing with right now; by his play on the ice and how happy he gets when he, or someone else scores.

Dread Clawz 02-14-2009 11:46 AM

I'll reconfirm: Horton is not available.

Peter Griffin 02-15-2009 12:40 PM

Not sure if any of you guys picked up on this but last night on the "Hotstove" on CBC Pierre Lebrun stated that Calgary, Philly, New Jersey and Vancouver have been "kicking the tires" with regards to acquiring JayBo.

I was just curious if a deal centered around either Kevin Bieksa or Alex Edler, Mason Raymond and a conditional draft pick(maybe 1st round if JayBo re-signs, 2nd if he doesn't?) would be interesting to the Panthers? They'd get back a youngish, top 4 d-man in either Bieksa or Edler, both signed long term(2 years for Kevin, 4 for Alex), a young, speedy winger who I think would flourish in the South East and a decent draft pick.

Would be a high risk, high reward move by Gillis but if he feels confident in being able to get JayBo re-signed it could be very much worth it for the Canucks.

Desert Panther 02-16-2009 11:48 PM

I was reading the comments section of Spector's and one of these guys actually seems to have a bit of intelligence .. Obviously this is pure speculation and speculation that has been talked about here before, but he is right on a couple of counts ..

Quote:

FLA and OTT are in an almost unique position to pull off a major swap. FLA need a legitimate top line C? Enter Spezza. OTT need a stud D? Enter J-Bo (if he assures Murray he'll resign). FLA needs to make up for J-Bo's offense for the remainder of the season? Enter Kuba (if he waives his NTC). Sens would need young offensive talent to fill out the top-6? Enter Matthias (if FLO throws in a 2nd round pick or another good prospect - Repik?) or even Horton (if OTT throws in a decent pick). Such a deal improves FLO now and later, and lets Martin appear like he didn't lose Bouwmeester for nothing, and improves OTT's D long-term while giving it cap flexibility to build its much needed scoring depth [beyond this year Spezza is 7M, Matthias 0.822M and Horton 4M; Kuba and J-Bo are UFAs]. The two (big) ifs are Kuba's NTC and J-Bo's willingness now to resign with OTT, but otherwise, even though such deals are rare these days, this one looks like win-win, no?
I could conceivably see if we ABSOLUTELY HAD TO deal Bouw, add one of Repik or Matthias for a return of Spezza and Kuba (maybe a swap of picks to even things out) .. It is something that could end up keeping the Cats in contention beyond the deadline and would be fair value for both sides since each side gets both an expiring contract and a signed player.

quesosauce 02-19-2009 04:08 PM

Hello panthers fans, as an Avs fan, i was wondering what it would take for us to acquire Anthony Stewart from you.

I dont get to watch many of your games, and dont really know much about what your needs are. I was thinking this might be a good trade idea for the avs, as Chris Stewart (ants brother) is having a pretty good rookie season for us, and maybe having his bro around could benefit our club.


The avs have a few tradeable assets, but i'm just not sure what it would take for you guys to bite, as Anthony was a first rounder, but he doesnt seem to have popped much with only 11 points in 90ish NHL games.

would a third rounder +mid level prospect (codey burki) get it done?

Laus723 02-19-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quesosauce (Post 18033974)
Hello panthers fans, as an Avs fan, i was wondering what it would take for us to acquire Anthony Stewart from you.

I dont get to watch many of your games, and dont really know much about what your needs are. I was thinking this might be a good trade idea for the avs, as Chris Stewart (ants brother) is having a pretty good rookie season for us, and maybe having his bro around could benefit our club.


The avs have a few tradeable assets, but i'm just not sure what it would take for you guys to bite, as Anthony was a first rounder, but he doesnt seem to have popped much with only 11 points in 90ish NHL games.

would a third rounder +mid level prospect (codey burki) get it done?

Doubtful, and I don't think Martin wants to move him. This is his first full year in the NHL and he's doing everything asked of him. While he's on the checking line, he 's valuable to the team in many of our opinions. If he's moved, it'd probably be in a package.

Dread Clawz 02-19-2009 05:37 PM

Yeah, Stewie fills a need here at the moment. A 3rd and Burki does nothing for us. You'd have to send back McLeod or McCormick in a deal for Stewie.

quesosauce 02-19-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 18034365)
Doubtful, and I don't think Martin wants to move him. This is his first full year in the NHL and he's doing everything asked of him. While he's on the checking line, he 's valuable to the team in many of our opinions. If he's moved, it'd probably be in a package.

ok sounds good, just really didnt know the story on you guys, good luck if you make the playoffs!

Montsy14 02-21-2009 05:02 PM

What about a trade involving impending UFAs Daniel/Henrik Sedin and JayBo??

To FLA: Sedins

To VAN: Jay Bouwmeester + Rostislav Olesz + 2nd round pick 09

I know this deal makes little sense to occur right now but maybe in the off-season prior to the draft for the respective players rights??

ShootIt 02-21-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montsy14 (Post 18081397)
What about a trade involving impending UFAs Daniel/Henrik Sedin and JayBo??

To FLA: Sedins

To VAN: Jay Bouwmeester + Rostislav Olesz + 2nd round pick 09

I know this deal makes little sense to occur right now but maybe in the off-season prior to the draft for the respective players rights??

I would do it.

Sedin-Sedin-Horton
Stillman-Weiss-Frolik

Solid Top 6.

pb1300 02-21-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert Panther (Post 17976665)
I was reading the comments section of Spector's and one of these guys actually seems to have a bit of intelligence .. Obviously this is pure speculation and speculation that has been talked about here before, but he is right on a couple of counts ..



I could conceivably see if we ABSOLUTELY HAD TO deal Bouw, add one of Repik or Matthias for a return of Spezza and Kuba (maybe a swap of picks to even things out) .. It is something that could end up keeping the Cats in contention beyond the deadline and would be fair value for both sides since each side gets both an expiring contract and a signed player.

I am ALLLLLLL for that deal, as long as its Bouw, Matthias, and a pick. I dont want Horton dealt at all. And as long as we can get Kuba re-signed next season, bring back the full CPR line, we would be set IMO.

Booth - Spezza - Horton
Stillman - Weiss - Frolik
CPR
McLean - Kreps - Stewy

Ballard - Allen
Kuba - McCabe
Boynton or Skrastins - Welch

That is definitely a team that will be a top four seed next season IMO, with a SICK top line. I would even switch Stillman and Booth to even out the scoring punch on the second line.


Coming back to reality, I do think Martin might try and go after Vermette. With the addition of Comrie to the team, they have a lot of centers now, and I think Vermette, or even Spezza, will be available. If Spezza would cost anything like mentioned above, Im all for it, otherwise, I want Vermette on this team.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.