HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: A real fan at 110% (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=604784)

Daniel Bigras 02-08-2009 11:28 AM

A real fan at 110%

Hey there,

After my quick stint on CTV News, last Thursday (Feb 5th), it was TQS' turn to want to interview me. It occured friday, February 6th and it aired that same evening, on 110%. It reruns monday, at 9am.

I was midly disappointed with CTV's newcast, as they recycled footage from a previous report and only added some stuff they recorded with me. But it was an amazing experience nonetheless, as it opened the next door:

TQS and the TV show 110%, well known for french-speaking Montreal Canadiens fans. I know that show is not popular with everyone, and the purpose of this thread is not to bash on that show.

I wanted to share the interview with you, it's in french only, but a picture is worth a thousand words. Imagine a video.

I hope I will be invited to the show, so that it open a door to real fans like us and to be able to give a different take on things. Fans like us often have different views and it would be fun to bring it to them.

And no, if it happens, I will not talk about unsupported subjects like I did in the past here. :sarcasm:

Whitesnake 02-08-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras (Post 17797010)
I hope I will be invited to the show, so that it open a door to real fans like us and to be able to give a different take on things. Fans like us often have different views and it would be fun to bring it to them.

And no, if it happens, I will not talk about unsupported subjects like I did in the past here. :sarcasm:

Yes, I saw you. Like somebody said in another thread...we know where you live now...;) Really good interview you did there. Good to see fans like that.

As far as having real fans invited to the show, well sure, hoping that the fans that could be invited will tell the journalists what they really think of them even if it means not going back....

Having said that, I believe that Hoziel fits the profile of a real fan. I really don't see his opinion as the one of an expert even if the "experts" are not so great to begin with...

Again, good job on the inverview.

ROEN 02-08-2009 11:33 AM

WOW ! just ... WOW !!!

YOU GOT A FEVER !!! AND THE ONLY CURE IS MORE HABABABABA !!!

btw you sounded great

otto bond 02-08-2009 11:35 AM

We share some of the same dream!:)

Watsatheo 02-08-2009 11:36 AM

Oh that's pretty cool. Congrats. Not many people have a feature on them and get to advertise their site on TV for free.

Twister mtl 02-08-2009 11:37 AM

Fanatique au boutte:yo::yo:

Mustafa* 02-08-2009 11:39 AM

I always tought you were a crazy asocial mofo, but you actualy sound like a perfectly educated young men, nice tats!

Kriss E 02-08-2009 11:41 AM

If you get on the show and JC is there..please..please..pleeeeease destroy him!

And give a shot out to the HF community ;)

Alfie Turcotte 02-08-2009 11:41 AM

Félicitation Daniel ! Bonne entrevue.

Analyzer 02-08-2009 11:43 AM

What does your/ his tattoo say ?

Twister mtl 02-08-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 17797261)

It's the Montreal Canadiens moto

Daniel Bigras 02-08-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 17797067)
Yes, I saw you. Like somebody said in another thread...we know where you live now...;) Really good interview you did there. Good to see fans like that.

As far as having real fans invited to the show, well sure, hoping that the fans that could be invited will tell the journalists what they really think of them even if it means not going back....

Having said that, I believe that Hoziel fits the profile of a real fan. I really don't see his opinion as the one of an expert even if the "experts" are not so great to begin with...

Again, good job on the inverview.

Thanks Whitesnake. I agree with you, Hoziel is closer to a fan than an analyst. If I had a style to mimic, it would be a mix between Jean-Charles, but less agressive, less negative and Mario Langlois, positive, but more acertive.

Who knows. Cuz talking with Yvan Martineau, he told me it's very tough to be on that show, the other guests are extremely difficult to cut, and they tried inviting 'normal people' and it never worked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROEN (Post 17797098)
WOW ! just ... WOW !!!

YOU GOT A FEVER !!! AND THE ONLY CURE IS MORE HABABABABA !!!

btw you sounded great

Thanks Roen, much appreciated. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by otto bond (Post 17797124)
We share some of the same dream!:)

Like?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 17797152)
Oh that's pretty cool. Congrats. Not many people have a feature on them and get to advertise their site on TV for free.

It happens more often than not. There are many TVs shows that do promote Web projects. It occured to me last year, on another TV show, but Tricolore.ca was not were it is now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twister mtl (Post 17797169)
Fanatique au boutte:yo::yo:

Mets-en. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustafa (Post 17797193)
I always tought you were a crazy asocial mofo, but you actualy sound like a perfectly educated young men, nice tats!

Ya, I know, I often gave a bad impression in writing. I prefer real life communication.

Thanks for your good words, it means a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 17797231)
If you get on the show and JC is there..please..please..pleeeeease destroy him!

And give a shot out to the HF community ;)

I hope to force their hands. As I wrote, it's tough for normal fans to be a TV show. They tried it, it never worked. Jean-Charles is an exception. A big one. ;-)

I don't intend to fight or destroy anyone if it occurs. But I believe I can give anyone a run for his money. :-)

And depending on how it occurs, if it works, I have some ideas, which includes sharing what some of us thinks and that nobody can hear/read.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfie Turcotte (Post 17797233)
Félicitation Daniel ! Bonne entrevue.

Merci Alfie, c'est gentil.

Quote:

Nos bras meurtris vous tendent le flambeau, à vous toujours de le porter bien haut.

A loose translation:

Our bruised arms pass you the torch, it's now your turn to carry it with pride forever.

It's the Montreal Canadiens motto, in the locker room. We often refer to the 'torch' as our past, our history.

I see it as: We worked hard, with honor and we had success, now it's your turn to work hard, with honor and have success.

Senateurs 02-08-2009 12:06 PM

Nice interview, I'm sure you would make a better guest than some of the panelist on 110%

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras (Post 17797451)
Nos bras meurtris vous tendent le flambeau, à vous toujours de le porter bien haut.

A loose translation:

Our bruised arms pass you the torch, it's now your turn to carry it with pride forever.

It's the Montreal Canadiens motto, in the locker room. We often refer to the 'torch' as our past, our history.

I see it as: We worked hard, with honor and we had success, now it's your turn to work hard, with honor and have success.

It's a poem written during WWI called In Flanders Fields

Quote:

To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.

Anthony P 02-08-2009 12:14 PM

To you from failing hands with throw the torch, be yours to hold it high....

Daniel Bigras 02-08-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senateurs (Post 17797683)
Nice interview, I'm sure you would make a better guest than some of the panelist on 110%

It's a poem written during WWI called In Flanders Fields

No bashing. ;-)

Thanks for the quote! I didn't know where it came from. Woah. Impressive.

JoliatMorenzGagnon 02-08-2009 12:26 PM

Nice job mr. Bigras.

I tend to think that if you were at 110%, with the kind of opinions and approaches you might have, Jean-Charles Lajoie would try to shut you up.

And how do you plan on forcing their hand?

n0pan 02-08-2009 12:39 PM

T'as faite une criss de bonne entrevue. :-)

Daniel Bigras 02-08-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlDiMeola (Post 17798019)
Nice job mr. Bigras.

I tend to think that if you were at 110%, with the kind of opinions and approaches you might have, Jean-Charles Lajoie would try to shut you up.

And how do you plan on forcing their hand?

If Ron Fournier cannot shut me up, I don't think JC can. I often talk with Ron, Martin Lemay on the radio and often have lenghty discussions. I'm used to talk on the radio, and TV is becoming easier, as it's my 5th appearance.

I was in a debate on Canada AM on CTV in 2004, during the playoffs where all 6 Canadian teams made it. And I was the one talking the most.

How to force their hands?

I think I will need support from everyone, I think I will need to show them that I can be an asset to at least one show. That I can handle a show and take my place and not be crushed by these debatters.

My objective is long-term, I hope I can bring a fan voice to this world of paid professionnals. The same way an older rookie player would be extremely excited to play for his favorite team, I would be extremely excited to be able to fullfil a dream.

The whole thing needs to be positive. I made a lot of mistakes online, here also, and I was too negative in the past. I want to bring a positive, well thought-out attitude from now on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49K (Post 17798181)
T'as faite une criss de bonne entrevue. :-)

Merci. C'est gentil. :-)

Thanks, that was nice of you.

SpreeEndaz 02-08-2009 12:50 PM

I was trying to figure out how someone can be this geeky about the Habs until I saw "analyse en informatique". :sarcasm:

Daniel Bigras 02-08-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz (Post 17798411)
I was trying to figure out how someone can be this geeky about the Habs until I saw "analyse en informatique". :sarcasm:

Ya. My job is to analyze IT infrastructure, IT security, projects, business needs. I'm used to this framework. I often use similar tools to analyze the Canadiens. :-)

snakeye 02-08-2009 01:44 PM

With the way habs are playing now, would you consider laser surgery? :naughty:

Habs 4 Life 02-08-2009 01:53 PM

Great job man,I got allot of **** my self,but if I get more my wife might wanna throw me out:laugh:

Daniel Bigras 02-08-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeye (Post 17799465)
With the way habs are playing now, would you consider laser surgery? :naughty:

Hahaha. Never. Why bother about things that will be forgotten so quickly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 17799711)
Great job man,I got allot of **** my self,but if I get more my wife might wanna throw me out:laugh:

Hey dude, add your pictures in the Photos/Videos section of Tricolore.ca, I want to show the world how fanatics we can be. I know I'm not the craziest, and it's not important to be. I'm just happy with what am I and I love to see passionnate people about the Canadiens.

My next girlfriend better be as crazy about the Canadiens as I am, cuz I don't intend to change the look of my place. :-)

Jack Bourdain 02-08-2009 03:07 PM

Michel Beaudry and Gabriel Grégoire are winners.

couz 02-08-2009 03:21 PM

I saw you too...your passion is awesome.