HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   To quote Mike Boone... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=604800)

Pr3Va1L 02-08-2009 12:02 PM

To quote Mike Boone...

Quote:

Kovalev can't beat Jay Bouwmeester. He can't beat Zdeno Chara. He can't beat Luke Schenn.

Wtf has happened to this team?

limelight 02-08-2009 12:08 PM

They were affected by the Lecavalier rumors and they haven't recovered since.

otto bond 02-08-2009 12:22 PM

Well if that's the case, we are F&#%

Belso 02-08-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L (Post 17797608)

Too many soft passes, missed shots, missed passes, creative plays gone bad, Turnovers, etc.. They are just playing like crap and I don't think it has anything to do with intensity..

IMO they need to start working on their basics. Practice one timers and start shooting at the goalie. The pucks always go over the net or hit posts. Shot it harder too.. I remember Kovalev talking a soft shot to the net.. Like that's going to go in. Blast it already! Practice making and receiving passes, Work on avoiding impossible passes. If the pass looks impossible, don't try it!! Take a shot on net!

Start playing regular NHL hockey. Quicker, faster, stronger and simpler.. No more dippsy-doodie plays, please!!

MTL-rules 02-08-2009 12:26 PM

Did he just compared Schenn with JayBo and Chara :laugh:

But, yes Kovalev can't beat any defenceman these days because... he doesn't skate...

Watsatheo 02-08-2009 12:34 PM

Kostopoulos beat Schenn so Kostopoulos>Kovalev

Randomhero 02-08-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limelight (Post 17797705)

That would be the worst excuse ever!:shakehead

The n00b King * 02-08-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belso (Post 17797973)
Too many soft passes, missed shots, missed passes, creative plays gone bad, Turnovers, etc.. They are just playing like crap and I don't think it has anything to do with intensity..

IMO they need to start working on their basics. Practice one timers and start shooting at the goalie. The pucks always go over the net or hit posts. Shot it harder too.. I remember Kovalev talking a soft shot to the net.. Like that's going to go in. Blast it already! Practice making and receiving passes, Work on avoiding impossible passes. If the pass looks impossible, don't try it!! Take a shot on net!

Start playing regular NHL hockey. Quicker, faster, stronger and simpler.. No more dippsy-doodie plays, please!!

This post should be printed out and glued to Carbo's face.

MTL-rules 02-08-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 17798118)
Kostopoulos beat Schenn so Kostopoulos>Kovalev

How dare you! Nobody beats Schenn... just like nobody beats Price :sarcasm:

MTL-rules 02-08-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quartz (Post 17798141)
This post should be printed out and glued to Carbo's face.

Carbonneau is above all that, he's already planning the parade on Ste-Catherine... such a great strategist!

Maliki2 02-08-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Not really, I have been since the beginning of the year that this team has lacked heart and got lucky during their win streak. They haven't impressed one bit, from the goalie to the coach.

Rgolt 02-08-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

whatever excuse works for you

3TB3* 02-08-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

exactly

gainey and carbo has lost the confidence of too msany of these players exactly since these rumors were not completely shut down or a trade was made.

i remember a real habs gm - pollock if he made a trade for a mahovlich or a duff or whoever there NEVER were rumors before it happened. never said 'i'm interested in so and so' like gainey does then he does nothing.

38 cupless years* 02-08-2009 12:59 PM

i begged gainey to come clean about the trade rumors, but he continued to be ambiguous with his statements. saying how they're constantly looking to improve the team....blah blah blah. so not only did he not deny the vinny deals, but he made it seeem like every player was on the chopping block. how can anyone play on a clear mind, when they have the threat of getting traded and having the media hound them about being potential trade bait?

Bill McNeal 02-08-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3TB3 (Post 17798457)
exactly

gainey and carbo has lost the confidence of too msany of these players exactly since these rumors were not completely shut down or a trade was made.

i remember a real habs gm - pollock if he made a trade for a mahovlich or a duff or whoever there NEVER were rumors before it happened. never said 'i'm interested in so and so' like gainey does then he does nothing.

I'm sure if you think harder you can come up with a better reason for there being no rumours in that era.

Lone Rogue 02-08-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

exactly

There was also no internet back then.

We should have never known about the Lecavalier trade, but it was Tampa's people that leaked it, not Gainey.

Kirk Muller 02-08-2009 01:07 PM

I read it as, Kovalev won't beat these guys cause he isn't willing to fight through it. Kovalev can and should be able to still produce against tough defenses but that would mean getting dirty and not playing fancy pancy hockey which he so dearly loves.

Habs 4 Life 02-08-2009 01:27 PM

Well I think Kovalev has used the same move a bit too much that I don't even think he would be able to beat an AHL defenceman right now

Pr3Va1L 02-08-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belso (Post 17797973)

So true.

Is it me or they have forgotten how to do 1 timers?

I haven't SEEN a successful one time this year (except for 1 or 2 Lang goals (but he's missed at least 20 anyways...))

Either they never shoot, or they shoot a foot wide of the net...

Not only that, but it's also the SAME team as last year... Lang and Tanguay (who both have been very good for us!) are out and we are left with basically the same team that finished 1st place last year.

The difference is between the player's ears...

JHabs 02-08-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L (Post 17801984)
So true.

Is it me or they have forgotten how to do 1 timers?

I haven't SEEN a successful one time this year (except for 1 or 2 Lang goals (but he's missed at least 20 anyways...))

Either they never shoot, or they shoot a foot wide of the net...

Not only that, but it's also the SAME team as last year... Lang and Tanguay (who both have been very good for us!) are out and we are left with basically the same team that finished 1st place last year.

The difference is between the player's ears...

Your referring to the black void!? I knew it! I knew I wasn't crazy! I saw it too!

Belso 02-09-2009 12:55 AM

Did I understand correctly when I heard the Habs started practice playing "without a puck" on Sunday for at least 15min? Didn't I point out their problem is with the puck!?

http://codebloo.net/stuff/picard-headesk.jpg

My oh my.. I have a feeling things might stay the same for some time still...:shakehead

Carbo, prove me wrong!!!

Pr3Va1L 02-09-2009 01:04 AM

At least the 2 week road trip will probably do them good, get their minds back on hockey! :nod:

I wish so, anyways.

Artyukhin* 02-09-2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L (Post 17797608)

i think its simple.

THE HOCKEY GODS are punshing us and maybe well deserved for the way Habs fans and reporters cheated on Tampa fans with " Vincent Lecavalier".

RushDP 02-09-2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

exactly

There are never any rumors before BG makes a move either. How many times has a rumor resulted in what Gainey did?

You are posting on a board discussing the rumor mill which you are part of and which did not exist in Pollock's time. There is so much more information available today that the truth gets lost in the shuffle. Take Eklund for example, he has created more hype than anybody, threads are created to discuss these fictional trade proposals and then a genius like you blames Gainey for the trade not occurring.

When was the last time you heard Gainey say he was interested in somebody? He is criticized for not saying enough and never speaking to the media. Here you are ripping into him, again, for rumors not of his doing. Whatever, you are not credible because it's clear you have an ax to grind.

Habs 4 Life 02-09-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belso (Post 17810941)
Did I understand correctly when I heard the Habs started practice playing "without a puck" on Sunday for at least 15min? Didn't I point out their problem is with the puck!?

http://codebloo.net/stuff/picard-headesk.jpg

My oh my.. I have a feeling things might stay the same for some time still...:shakehead

Carbo, prove me wrong!!!

If it was up to me they wouldn't have touched a puck for the complete practice.That's what hapenned to the Leafs after the Buffalo game and they answered pretty well on Saturday night