HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   News Article: Trade rumors with Flyers. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=604848)

Jeph 02-08-2009 01:52 PM

Trade rumors with Flyers.
 
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...=tsn&type=lgns


"Philadelphia Flyers

Their ongoing need for a top-four defenseman could prompt them to offer up a spare forward. Names in the mill include Scottie Upshall, Joffrey Lupul and Mike Knuble. The Flyers have a history with the Nashville Predators, who might offer Dan Hamhuis or Greg de Vries to get more scoring. The Flyers also could be in the market for Tomas Kaberle, once his hand heals."

Enoch 02-08-2009 03:43 PM

*Yawn*

barrytrotzsneck 02-09-2009 09:08 AM

this isn't so much a rumor as it is speculation, really

Paranoid Android 02-09-2009 11:34 AM

de Vries/Koistinen + 3rd/4th for Knuble

katzencd 02-09-2009 01:28 PM

Lupul would look good in a Preds sweater...would Hamhuis have enough value for a straight trade? Maybe add a draft pick from Phi?

Joe T Choker 02-09-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katzencd (Post 17816438)
Lupul would look good in a Preds sweater...would Hamhuis have enough value for a straight trade? Maybe add a draft pick from Phi?

Hamhuis is overpayment for Lupul

braindead 02-09-2009 04:13 PM

The Preds passed on Lupul in the draft- it was the right call. Hammer for Lupul? No way. Flyers presumably wouldn't be crazy enough to do Upshall for DeVries even with a significant throw in or two (although once everyone is healthy the Flyers have 16 or so forwards for the top 3 lines) but I think it would be fun to see scottie come back (it would be good to see the quotes from Trotz and Upshall about how happy they are!).

jstreet 02-10-2009 12:25 PM

DeVries and a mid range draft pick for Knuble would suit me fine

lstcyr 02-10-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars (Post 17837016)
DeVries and a mid range draft pick for Knuble would suit me fine

so, you're okay with Koistinen as one of our top 6 dmen?:amazed:

Paranoid Android 02-10-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstcyr (Post 17843355)
so, you're okay with Koistinen as one of our top 6 dmen?:amazed:

Yes.

sparkle twin 02-11-2009 02:02 AM

Bring back Upshall.

He might still be injury prone, but dammit he works harder than some of the guys on the team right now.

Predsrule 02-11-2009 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katzencd (Post 17816438)
Lupul would look good in a Preds sweater...would Hamhuis have enough value for a straight trade? Maybe add a draft pick from Phi?

Lupul would be an ok fit but his 4.25mill next year till 2013 might be just a little to much i know it sounds picky... but acording to the owners they expect to make around 130k this year and with hard times coming next year there gona make more cuts :(.. while hockey wise might not be that bad money wise i dont see it... makes me sad.. just think back 2 years and how good this eam could of been now if they were in a good market...

jumptheshark 02-12-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeph (Post 17799681)
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...=tsn&type=lgns


"Philadelphia Flyers

Their ongoing need for a top-four defenseman could prompt them to offer up a spare forward. Names in the mill include Scottie Upshall, Joffrey Lupul and Mike Knuble. The Flyers have a history with the Nashville Predators, who might offer Dan Hamhuis or Greg de Vries to get more scoring. The Flyers also could be in the market for Tomas Kaberle, once his hand heals."

Lupul name has been mentioned a lot

Being Gene Malkovich 02-13-2009 04:31 PM

I don't want to start a new thread on your board, which posters often do, so I just wanted to know what Preds fans thought about their top players.

How do you feel about Erat and Dumont as the future holds? I understand Erat's 7-year deal isn't likely to be traded, but just looking for opinions.

I know this may sound like an outlandish offer, likely not enough for your star players, but:

To Nashville:

D Ryan Whitney
C Jordan Staal
W Pascal Dupuis
C/W Tyler Kennedy

To Pittsburgh:

LW Martin Erat
RW J.P. Dumont
C Radek Bonk


What would need added in the form of draft picks or prospects to get this done?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I don't get to see Nashville play alot, so I don't know much about what these players mean to your team. If it is an offensive proposal, I apologize.

Joe T Choker 02-13-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-skank (Post 17908060)
I don't want to start a new thread on your board, which posters often do, so I just wanted to know what Preds fans thought about their top players.

How do you feel about Erat and Dumont as the future holds? I understand Erat's 7-year deal isn't likely to be traded, but just looking for opinions.

I know this may sound like an outlandish offer, likely not enough for your star players, but:

To Nashville:

D Ryan Whitney
C Jordan Staal
W Pascal Dupuis
C/W Tyler Kennedy

To Pittsburgh:

LW Martin Erat
RW J.P. Dumont
C Radek Bonk


What would need added in the form of draft picks or prospects to get this done?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I don't get to see Nashville play alot, so I don't know much about what these players mean to your team. If it is an offensive proposal, I apologize.

we don't need a defenseman ... we've already got Weber, Suter, Hamhuis, Klein, Sulzer and some other one who can play minutes next year ... I like Dupuis, Staal as starters for this trade, but we would not be taking a dman back in any trade this deadline/offseason

Being Gene Malkovich 02-13-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer (Post 17908254)
we don't need a defenseman ... we've already got Weber, Suter, Hamhuis, Klein, Sulzer and some other one who can play minutes next year ... I like Dupuis, Staal as starters for this trade, but we would not be taking a dman back in any trade this deadline/offseason

What if they make that potential deal with Philly with one of your defenders?

Paranoid Android 02-14-2009 01:35 AM

This trade cripples our top 6. Big NO

Counter: Dumont, Erat, Bonk, 1st, 2nd for Malkin

worstfaceoffmanever 02-14-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-skank (Post 17908060)
I don't want to start a new thread on your board, which posters often do, so I just wanted to know what Preds fans thought about their top players.

How do you feel about Erat and Dumont as the future holds? I understand Erat's 7-year deal isn't likely to be traded, but just looking for opinions.

I know this may sound like an outlandish offer, likely not enough for your star players, but:

To Nashville:

D Ryan Whitney
C Jordan Staal
W Pascal Dupuis
C/W Tyler Kennedy

To Pittsburgh:

LW Martin Erat
RW J.P. Dumont
C Radek Bonk


What would need added in the form of draft picks or prospects to get this done?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I don't get to see Nashville play alot, so I don't know much about what these players mean to your team. If it is an offensive proposal, I apologize.

You're right, that is an outlandish offer. It destroys whatever semblance of a top six we may have had before the trade.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.