HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   We need Pk Subban (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=604912)

hogtownhabsfan* 02-08-2009 05:16 PM

We need Pk Subban

His offensive spark and PP skills are what this team needs. Seriously, is there a prospect in hockey that would help this club out more? I doubt we can really call him up, but once he arrives, alot of this teams problems will be solved...

We better not trade him. He is part of the solution. Long term...

Maxpac 02-08-2009 05:21 PM

A 24 year old PK Subban, ya he would be most usefull, he's too young to have any kind of impact right now without being way too risky defensively, if it's for his pp skills Weber has 12 goals in Hamilton this year, trade Bouillon and give him a real shot instead

RoyBoyCoy 02-08-2009 05:24 PM

Instead how about we call Weber up? He only got one game this year. I think he needs a closer look.

Originalsix 02-08-2009 05:41 PM

Yeah I would call up Weber for sure.

Also I really think we should take a look at a guy like Shawn Belle. Kids' been playing reaaaaally well, solid defensively, fast on skates and plays the body hard.

Analyzer 02-08-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy (Post 17802837)
Instead how about we call Weber up? He only got one game this year. I think he needs a closer look.

I second this.

le_sean 02-08-2009 05:45 PM

I agree about Weber. In no way is he worse defensively than Bouillon.

RE-HABS 02-08-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan (Post 17802686)
His offensive spark and PP skills are what this team needs. Seriously, is there a prospect in hockey that would help this club out more? I doubt we can really call him up, but once he arrives, alot of this teams problems will be solved...

We better not trade him. He is part of the solution. Long term...

Don't put the hopes on a kid who is doing well this year in Junior, people have him too highly rated on these boards.

Lets see how his Junior game translates to the Pro level first.

centrehice 02-08-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 17803294)
I agree about Weber. In no way is he worse defensively than Bouillon.

But he's no where near as strong as boullion. That's the issue really, whether he'd be able to hand the size and strength

HabsHockey* 02-08-2009 06:56 PM

This thread is now about Weber

RoyBoyCoy 02-08-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead (Post 17804926)

Well, we don't need Subban at the moment. The consensus seems to be that we should try Weber again.

MTL-rules 02-08-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead (Post 17804926)

No it's about help at the blue line and we mostly think that Weber is the anwser not a teenager playing with other teenagers...

Watsatheo 02-08-2009 07:55 PM

We can't get Subban yet, Weber (who leads all AHL d in goals last I checked) we can. It's great to see he wasn't just a product of a great Kitchener team. Those 20 goals and 55 points in the OHL were well earned.

HabsHockey* 02-08-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTL-rules (Post 17805656)
No it's about help at the blue line and we mostly think that Weber is the anwser not a teenager playing with other teenagers...

Hence me posting that this thread is now about Weber

chaosrevolver 02-08-2009 08:52 PM

I think that Subban in maybe 4 years would be more helpful but right now Weber is older and a little more developed because of the different level of leagues.

BigBen07 02-08-2009 09:08 PM

Not sure if i should post this in here as it is about PK but seems to be turning toward Weber...so

Anyone live around the Hamilton area and get to see the Dogs play regularly?

How have Weber, Belle, Carle etc been playing? Who have been their best forwards and Dman lately? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the dogs and havent followed them much this year. Thanks for the info/update!

RoyBoyCoy 02-08-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBen07 (Post 17807169)
Not sure if i should post this in here as it is about PK but seems to be turning toward Weber...so

Anyone live around the Hamilton area and get to see the Dogs play regularly?

How have Weber, Belle, Carle etc been playing? Who have been their best forwards and Dman lately? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the dogs and havent followed them much this year. Thanks for the info/update!

I don't watch them but I do know Maxwell leads all rookies in points and Weber leads all rookie defensemen in goals... (and should be called up)

WeThreeKings 02-08-2009 09:14 PM

Yannick Weber should get another look.

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-Weber
Gorges-O'Byrne

BigBen07 02-08-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy (Post 17807215)
I don't watch them but I do know Maxwell leads all rookies in points and Weber leads all rookie defensemen in goals... (and should be called up)

Cool. Yeah i wouldnt be against seeing weber get an actual look. You need more than one game to prove yourself but i thought the little taste he got of the NHL will only help him and keep him motivated to get back. Hard to say if he is ready or not but i guess there is only one way to find out. Thing is we already have 8 dman up here. The only way i see him getting a shot is if we move Bouillon or Obyrne. (nobody is taking briser, Dandy or Bouillon for that matter the way hes been playing hah). Obviously hes not going to take Markov, Komi, Hammer or Georges spot so that leaves Obyrne, bouillon briser and dandy for him to beat out. If one of those guys gets moved or hurt longterm i think he'll get a shot. See what happens i guess but yeah i wouldnt be against us making room for him if he can help the team.

Poggemon Destiny* 02-08-2009 11:28 PM

If you want a young inexperienced rookie who is atrocious in his own zone, go for it.

cjbhab* 02-09-2009 12:21 AM

Don't bring PK Subban to this **** hole.. lol
Don't wanna ruin him.

Kessel>Seguin + 02-09-2009 01:11 AM

Trust me you dont want Subban right now, he gives the puck away on a regular basis on the OHL. Hopefully matority comes with age or he will never make it in the NHL. he is way to much of a loose canon.