HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Andy Delmore gone (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=60494)

TVanek26* 03-09-2004 03:52 PM

Andy Delmore gone
 
per ESPNews he was part of the 3 way.


I'm still pissed that we didn't make a better deal.Isles get back Yashin which pretty much guarantees them the spot.Even without Yashin,they are better then us.

JOHNBOY 03-09-2004 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
per ESPNews he was part of the 3 way.

I heard that too,He isn't on the bottom ticker though. :dunno:

eSabre 03-09-2004 04:06 PM

Andy Delmore to San Jose for San Jose's 9th round pick, and Sharks deal him to Boston.

Weezel RX7 03-09-2004 04:46 PM

9th round pick....aka a bag of pucks

eSabre 03-09-2004 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weezel RX7
9th round pick....aka a bag of pucks

Depends on who you pick. Better than if he was claimed off waivers, and it would've turned out to be nothing.

joechip 03-09-2004 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eSabre
Andy Delmore to San Jose for San Jose's 9th round pick, and Sharks deal him to Boston.

I wouldn't doubt that Regier made them take Delmore off his hands....

"Please, You have to... I'm not trading Satan and this is the only way I can keep the fans happy. Think of my kids!!" pleaded a desperate Darcy Regier to Doug Wilson.

Ta,

JOHNBOY 03-09-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weezel RX7
9th round pick....aka a bag of pucks

:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am so happy he is gone though: Andy Elmre :D .

Mr Brownstone 03-09-2004 07:58 PM

Before you criticize the 9th rounder, here's some 9th round steals over the past 14 years.

1990-Jaroslav Modry 179th overall
1992-Nikolai Khabibulin 204th overall
1993-Mike Grier 219th overall, Pavol Demitra 227th overall
1994-Evgeny Nabokov 219th overall, Tomas Vokoun 226th overall, Steve Sullivan 233th overall
1996-Sami Salo 239th overall
1997-Karel Rachunek 239th overall
1998-Karlis Skrastins 230th overall

So it just depends on how well you draft, that's all.

Habs4ever 03-09-2004 08:30 PM

You forgot Ryder
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresIn05
Before you criticize the 9th rounder, here's some 9th round steals over the past 14 years.

1990-Jaroslav Modry 179th overall
1992-Nikolai Khabibulin 204th overall
1993-Mike Grier 219th overall, Pavol Demitra 227th overall
1994-Evgeny Nabokov 219th overall, Tomas Vokoun 226th overall, Steve Sullivan 233th overall
1996-Sami Salo 239th overall
1997-Karel Rachunek 239th overall
1998-Karlis Skrastins 230th overall

So it just depends on how well you draft, that's all.


he was picked in 9th round in year 1998, running for rookie of the year award this time around.

Weezel RX7 03-09-2004 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresIn05
Before you criticize the 9th rounder, here's some 9th round steals over the past 14 years.

1990-Jaroslav Modry 179th overall
1992-Nikolai Khabibulin 204th overall
1993-Mike Grier 219th overall, Pavol Demitra 227th overall
1994-Evgeny Nabokov 219th overall, Tomas Vokoun 226th overall, Steve Sullivan 233th overall
1996-Sami Salo 239th overall
1997-Karel Rachunek 239th overall
1998-Karlis Skrastins 230th overall

So it just depends on how well you draft, that's all.


that was how many years ago? 3 or 4 good players went in the 9th round in the past 14 years....outta how many? well, avg 25 picks in the 9th round times 14 years....about 350 players....3 or 4 players out of 350, i like those odds.

i considered khabibulin, nabokov, vokoun and sullican good players

Fan-of-#9 03-09-2004 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weezel RX7
that was how many years ago? 3 or 4 good players went in the 9th round in the past 14 years....outta how many? well, avg 25 picks in the 9th round times 14 years....about 350 players....3 or 4 players out of 350, i like those odds.

i considered khabibulin, nabokov, vokoun and sullican good players

Well considering we don't need a good player to win the deal-all we need is a player who turns out to be better than Delmore. All the players mentioned are better than Delmore and there are probably a few more. The odds are not good, but still would you rather of kept him? He and the remaining $$ left on his contract can get outta town as far as I'm concerned.

RattledSABRE 03-09-2004 11:58 PM

Now who do we dump on??

I'm sure it won't be that long before we find a new whipping boy.

eSabre 03-10-2004 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RattledSABRE
Now who do we dump on??

I'm sure it won't be that long before we find a new whipping boy.

My vote goes to Brian Campbell until Timmah comes back... if ever...

Weezel RX7 03-10-2004 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RattledSABRE
Now who do we dump on??

I'm sure it won't be that long before we find a new whipping boy.

we always will have boulton...well hopefully not always

eSabre 03-10-2004 12:26 AM

Some other notable 9th rounders (about the 9th round):

2000: Rienhard Divis, 261 overall
1996: Carig Adams, 223 overall; Ivan Ciernik, 216 overall
1995: Danny Markov, 223 overall; Zac Bierk, 212 overall

Also taken in '94, AFTER the start of the 9th round:
John Grahame, 229 overall; Tyson Nash, 247 overall; Richard Zednik, 249 overall; Sergei Berezin, 256 overall; Tomas Holmstrom, 257 overall; Dick Tarnstrom, 272 overall; Kim Johnsson, 286 overall (last pick in the draft)

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 03-10-2004 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4ever
he was picked in 9th round in year 1998, running for rookie of the year award this time around.

Note most of those guys are Europeans, who have less exposure than North Americans. Draft North Americans early and European (and Japanese) players late.

Hasek was a 10th rounder, BTW.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.