HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Balej (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=60503)

Cayouche5 03-09-2004 03:15 PM

Balej

Do you think he will have a chance to play in the NHL this season with all the roster player gone ( Barnaby Simon ... )

Terryble 03-09-2004 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cayouche5
Do you think he will have a chance to play in the NHL this season with all the roster player gone ( Barnaby Simon ... )

Looking to make their Rangers debuts on this trip are forward Josef Balej, who was acquired from the Montreal Canadiens last week in exchange for Alex Kovalev, and Jamie McLennan, who was traded to New York on Saturday in a deal that sent Chris Simon to the Flames.

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/faceoff/preview.asp

Looking forward to seeing him play a few games.

Marchy79 03-14-2004 11:02 PM

Hey guys I just came by to see what you all thought of Balej so far...

I really liked the kid, he's got the ability to put up some very beautiful goals... Also his skating is top notch... But how's he looked so far in the Rangers uni??? Personally, the rags are one of my favourite teams (next to the habs and oilers) so I didn't mind the fact he was dealt to NY... Here's to hoping he makes the ranger faithful love him, cause he has the ability to do it!! :D

RANGERDIEHARD 03-14-2004 11:09 PM

Really tough to tell so far with the limited amount of ice time he has gotten so far. Definately has the speed to play in the NHL but he looks a little nervous with the puck right now. The NHL game is much faster than in the AHL and a player must read plays quicker and make faster decisions with the puck. Right now he looks to be adjusting to that, with a few more NHL games under his belt we will have a better idea.

in the hall 03-14-2004 11:10 PM

last game he really impressed.. was with messier on the second line so he did get some ice time and set up some pretty decent chances but his biggest moment was an absolute rocket shot about 40 feet out that went under luongo and off the post..

hes got skills for sure.. his speed i felt was overrated.. i didn't see him burning everyone.. he just has a very smooth stride.. his play making skills are there but what surprised me most was his aggression and strength.. for a slender guy he can really take the body.. he knocked down i believe it was dingman and he also hit someone else hard that ended up dropping.. behind the net he was strong enough on the puck to cycle well.. other then that huge blast he really hasn't had a chance to show his guns i hope he gets some time on the pp or plays with jagr so he can get some room and a better chance to shoot... there is deffinitely upside in his game...

FrankieD 03-14-2004 11:15 PM

So far I like what I've seen. Kids got a very deceptive shot and almost beat Luongo a few times last night and actually hit the post on one of them. He also has very good stick handling and has won a few battles in the corners. Played with Messier and Josh Green last night, witch was the first night he had some pritty good icetime.

Marchy79 03-14-2004 11:26 PM

That's good :D I'm really glad to hear he's making a good impression so far, Personally I thought he was going to be a 60 + point player some day in the NHL some day... I was really surprised about his trade, as he had some great chemistry with Gaborik and Marcel Hossa (another hab prospect) in the past, soI figured they would've kept the pair together... Either way, IMO this deal will make us both stronger in the long term... We needed a Russian player for Andrei Markov, who was having personal problems for a while now (his father died, and he's been more of a loner... as Petrov was dealt last year, and he apparently doesn't relate to many of the current habs).

dumpsathernow* 03-15-2004 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cayouche5

balej shoould start the seasonas a second line rw no doubt in mind dont sig any big name goal scorers we got them in our youth , balej plus ortmeyer and murray will put in 10-15 goals each plus if lundmark gets hot if that ever happens we need role playng plyers like drapers and mccartys madden, shjon podein etc.... those are the guys we need on our team not exactly them but players along those lines then we should be ok 1st line rw jagr second balej 1st line lw yet to be signed 2nd line lw garth murray 3 rd liine holik ortmeyer and who ever else