HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Huet trade was a mistake. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=605519)

Alexei Yashvalev 02-09-2009 11:38 PM

The Huet trade was a mistake.

I was leery about it then, now I'm really convinced that trading Huet was a bonehead move. Price is great when he's on but Halak is no Huet to cover for him when he's off his game.

Garo 02-09-2009 11:38 PM

Why does it matter for this year? Huet wouldn't have been here anyway.

JeromeHP 02-09-2009 11:39 PM

:deadhorse

m00ks 02-09-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexei Yashvalev (Post 17830706)
I was leery about it then, now I'm really convinced that trading Huet was a bonehead move. Price is great when he's on but Halak is no Huet to cover for him when he's off his game.

No it wasnt. Huet sucked when Price was knocking on the door. Trading Huet was a great move.

edit: Just to add I think the OP suggested we keep paying 3million + for a backup goaltender.

Artyukhin* 02-09-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

:) no it wasnt . a 5.65 million dollar a year Huet?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2311

We got a return before he left =no mistake

I might suggest we see Denis again soon

dfk711* 02-09-2009 11:43 PM

Not even Huet could do anything about the horrible defense right now

Kimota 02-09-2009 11:43 PM

The Huet trade was a mistake

I Know.

sweatypickle 02-09-2009 11:45 PM

a backup goaltender is not what is needed right now...

snakeye 02-09-2009 11:47 PM

Weird. I remember this goalie winning games for Montreal before the ASG. Forgot what his name was... oh... oh yeah that's right, it was Halak!

OneSharpMarble 02-09-2009 11:48 PM

Almost right.

Not signing him wasn't a mistake, trading him right before the playoffs was a huge mistake. We would have gotten past the flyers with Huet when Price was playing like garbage.

Streit, Ryder and Souray all walking for nothing were 3 more big mistakes. Gainey is over-rated and has accomplished nothing in his 5 years as GM, time to move on.

Brisk-Illusion 02-09-2009 11:49 PM

So, who wants to start the "Ribero trade was a mistake" thread ?

Russeltown 02-10-2009 12:04 AM

Gainey :shakehead

What!!?? Someone had to post it. :nod:

Metropolitsky 02-10-2009 12:08 AM

Huet :shakehead

3TB3* 02-10-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

was a bonehead move FOR LAST YEAR

--but not now

chris osgood has always been a terrible goalie, ty conklin was a sieve for several teams especially pittsburgh last year

but behind a team that is well coached and plays a defesive style like detroit which allows 20 shots a game these 2 goalies have great records. the sieve conl\klin has 6 shutouts this year so far.

the habs are terribly put together by gainey on defense and poorly coached - it doesnt matter who the goalie is. dryden or plante would be getting bombed too if they had to play behind bouillion, brisebois, obyrre, gorges and reckless markov.

gainey let souray, streit, beauchemin and hainsey go.

Watsatheo 02-10-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

What you rather have him this season at 5.625 million per?

Kimota 02-10-2009 12:40 AM

I will always hate what Carbo and Gainey did to Huet. I remember this like it was yesterday. Carbo for no reasons started pointing fingers at Huet at a time where Christo had really found his game. He was our goalie, maybe finaly becoming a top golaie for the first time since he got here. The press and fans were wondering what was that all about this "calling out". Then shortly after they called back Price to be Huet's backup, little things to attack Huet's confidence. And then in the blink of an eye they trade him for peanuts. Even though Bob had promised Huet he would warn him if he would be traded. Not only that but the arrogance they showed in thinking their cherished young prospect would become another Dryden/Roy in the playoffs. Huet was our guy and they should have signed him for three years. He would have cost a lot less for us that he asked on the free agency, maybe 3.5 or 4. Bottom line, you should stick with your man, not sees stars in your eyes like you're in a dreamworld just because you have a talented prospect. The Bruins stuck by Thomas and he's giving them his all every game like it's his last.

That's an underline of Gainey's regime so far: lack of respect. Lack of respect toward Huet, Streit, Sourey, Rivet. Warriors that had this team at heart. They prefer floaters, prefer POTENTIAL over on-ice results.

3TB3* 02-10-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 17831171)
What you rather have him this season at 5.625 million per?

a bad gainey move LAST SEASON

it ruined price and habs got nothing in return for those playoffs

3TB3* 02-10-2009 12:56 AM

toronto had 41 shots on goal

calgary had 41 shots on goal

detroit allows 18-22 shots on goal a game

ITS NOT THE GOALIES!

Sir Jacques Demers 02-10-2009 01:04 AM

It was a bad move for last year. This year we don't need him.

We should trade Halak though and get a veteran

22SteveBegin22 02-10-2009 01:05 AM

Also not putting Dagenais on the first line has been a mistake.

holyhabs87 02-10-2009 01:06 AM

We will all regret the day we gave up on Yann Danis

Haddock 02-10-2009 01:06 AM

The same Huet who could make impossible saves standing on his head and still give one soft goal every game? Yeah, that's the solution to the current situation.

Blackhawkswincup 02-10-2009 01:10 AM

Huet trade was not a mistake

Price played well last year. He had struggles that a 1st year goalie is expected to have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haddock (Post 17831634)
The same Huet who could make impossible saves standing on his head and still give one soft goal every game? Yeah, that's the solution to the current situation.

Yes, That is Huet!

I hated the signing and worry everytime he is in net. He reminds me of Andy Moog. Back in the day Moog could be dominant one night and flaky the next night.

I worry about the Hawks after Khabibulin is gone.

I think Huet could lead us to a cup. But at times he is very shaky. He has played amazing and horrible this year.

3TB3* 02-10-2009 01:17 AM

Clemmensen a real famous devils goalie forced to handle 27 shots resulting in a shutout tonight

allowing 41 shots on goal to inferior offensive teams tells you how poorly coached the habs are

mathonwy 02-10-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holyhabs87 (Post 17831631)
We will all regret the day we gave up on Yann Danis

Jan Bulis?