HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Line Combos: New lines at Practice. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=606284)

TheKingPin 02-11-2009 05:28 PM

New lines at Practice.
 
http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...LPage&id=18891

Apparently Richards practiced with Powe and Upshall. He said the liked how the line worked. Kinda weird to do this now, as opposed to when Briere gets back. I assume its to get Gioux some scoring linemates? Carter?!?!?!?!?!??

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-11-2009 05:37 PM

There are comments from earlier in the day in the 12th obsequious thread, too.

FlyLife 02-11-2009 05:40 PM

Interesting, why would they be doing this when Briere isn't even close to coming back though?

I do like Giroux with Carter though, I think that will bring good things.

Edit: NVM, just read the obsequious thread, sounds like a very interesting idea putting Giroux at 1st line center. I wonder how well his creativity will mesh with Gagne. Also, there is a bit of overreaction in the O-thread, Richards lost a lot of weight, you can't expect him to pick up where he left off.

TheKingPin 02-11-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles (Post 17864494)
There are comments from earlier in the day in the 12th obsequious thread, too.

I thought there might be, sorry didnt check. I figured with our NFL like schedule that we can talk about something other than JayBo and Backstrom...:)

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-11-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKingPin (Post 17864652)
I thought there might be, sorry didnt check. I figured with our NFL like schedule that we can talk about something other than JayBo and Backstrom...:)

It deserves its own thread. No big deal.

ELab2 02-11-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKingPin (Post 17864313)
http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...LPage&id=18891

Apparently Richards practiced with Powe and Upshall. He said the liked how the line worked. Kinda weird to do this now, as opposed to when Briere gets back. I assume its to get Gioux some scoring linemates? Carter?!?!?!?!?!??

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's something different. They had Giroux at center last game for a bit and he played pretty damn well there.

Hartnell-Carter-Lupul
Upshall-Richards-Powe
Gagne-Giroux-Knuble
Asham-Metro-Cote

ForsbergIsOdin 02-11-2009 06:37 PM

My only problem with these new lines is, Why would you put the two guys recovering from the flu on the same line?

HoverCarle* 02-11-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin (Post 17865547)
My only problem with these new lines is, Why would you put the two guys recovering from the flu on the same line?

because they will both be gassed so they dopnt drag down another line. or infect other players

dawkins121 02-11-2009 07:01 PM

I like it. Richards can play with anyone and I like to see Giroux getting minutes with a playmaker like Gagne.

shamski7 02-11-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin (Post 17865547)
My only problem with these new lines is, Why would you put the two guys recovering from the flu on the same line?

BECAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO

http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/...sStoneCold.jpg

JSTAFF 02-11-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawkins121 (Post 17865949)
I like it. Richards can play with anyone and I like to see Giroux getting minutes with a playmaker like Gagne.

I'm not so sure playmaker is what I would call Gagne. Maybe sniper...or if you wanna go with skill levels, "superstar"

JLHockeyKnight 02-11-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawkins121 (Post 17865949)
I like it. Richards can play with anyone and I like to see Giroux getting minutes with a playmaker like Gagne.

I said this in the Obs. Banter thread and everyone tried to behead me for it. I like experimenting with it. It can't hurt against the Sens and Islanders.

ForsbergIsOdin 02-11-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamski7 (Post 17866979)

Well, I cant really argue with that.

Opus 02-11-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamski7 (Post 17866979)

http://mrchevyceleb.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/vm.jpg

pcgflyers12* 02-11-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamski7 (Post 17866979)

lol..... STONE COLD FTW

shamski7 02-11-2009 08:55 PM

damn right

flyguy 02-11-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin (Post 17865547)
My only problem with these new lines is, Why would you put the two guys recovering from the flu on the same line?

So they can sneeze away the competition :sarcasm:

Edit: I know, it was really lame.

Pwood 02-11-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawkins121 (Post 17865949)
I like it. Richards can play with anyone and I like to see Giroux getting minutes with a playmaker like Gagne.

Gagne's in between a regular all-around to sniper, IMO. I can see where you get the playmaking though. He's been pretty fond of passing lately.

ilovetheflyers8 02-11-2009 09:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pox-Z48d-TE

How do I embed a youtube video?

I suggest this be the GDT song for tomorrow

Yay! If Briere is back by the 24th I'll get see him play! I'm going to that game.

dawkins121 02-11-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwood (Post 17869496)
Gagne's in between a regular all-around to sniper, IMO. I can see where you get the playmaking though. He's been pretty fond of passing lately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stafuccijr (Post 17867234)
I'm not so sure playmaker is what I would call Gagne. Maybe sniper...or if you wanna go with skill levels, "superstar"

Let me clear this up a bit...when I said "playmaker" I meant it in the sense of a very skilled player as opposed to putting him on a line of something like Metropolit and Upshall who, for all their effort, aren't going to wow anyone with their skills.

Gagne knows how to put points on the board and I'd like Giroux to be on a line with someone like that.

Gert B Frobe 02-11-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin (Post 17865547)
My only problem with these new lines is, Why would you put the two guys recovering from the flu on the same line?

so they can play 10-15 minutes or as much as they can until they get their wind back I'd guess - Giroux can handle the extra ice time - he's always played 1st line center minutes - albeit not at this level but I think he can handle it

LEIFey 02-11-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hovercraft (Post 17865719)
because they will both be gassed so they dopnt drag down another line. or infect other players

hah, the way you put that makes it sound like we're trying to infect the other team. bio warfare... on ice!

mdm815 02-11-2009 10:14 PM

This is excellent. I have Giroux in my fantasy. And he is more of a playmaker in the traditional sense that you'd think of. We all know he's got great vision and good passing skills, so it should be fun to watch what he can do with Gags. I know its probably temporary, but at least Claude will help my fantasy team the next couple of games.

flyersjamminontheone 02-12-2009 12:20 AM

may as well get the "chemistry" going while briere is rehabing, is there any doubt that carters line is the top scoring line? As i've said it before, its awesome to be in the situation where the opposing team is like "who do we check?"

Pwood 02-12-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawkins121 (Post 17870251)
Let me clear this up a bit...when I said "playmaker" I meant it in the sense of a very skilled player as opposed to putting him on a line of something like Metropolit and Upshall who, for all their effort, aren't going to wow anyone with their skills.

Gagne knows how to put points on the board and I'd like Giroux to be on a line with someone like that.

I wasn't trying to correct you. I was more or less adding to what you were saying.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.