HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What Montreal player have learned the most hockey tricks from? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=60664)

tinyzombies 03-10-2004 02:11 AM

What Montreal player have learned the most hockey tricks from?

Myself, the following tricks I have learned from Montreal players:

1. To start with... Brodeur has the cure for Theodore's bad rebounds on obvious low shots that are meant to cause rebounds to the middle... turn your stick over and deflect it to the corner.

2. Kovalev's attempts to deflect shots on his five shifts caused me to score a beautiful deflection goal in my last ballhockey game.

3. Koivu has taught me several delay and look-away, then pass tactics that have resulted in goals for my teammates.

4. I learned from Souray that if there is a crowd that a fake shot and then a quick low snapper at the net is extremely effective.

5. I've learned from Ryder that people will expect you to do the safe play and that you have to wade into traffic and that the wrist shot of course is the best shot to fool a goalie.

6. I've learned from Brisebois that I should put it off the glass.

7. I've learned from Begin to not give up any space (and have scored goals as a result) and I've also fine-tuned my disturbing skills while also respecting the refs.

8. I've learned from Juneau that good hands in the defensive zone are more important than contact.

9. I've learned from Garon that I cannot do the splits and learned from Theodore that I don't have the leg power necessary to be the best goalie in the world.

10. I've learned from Julien (since I'm also the coach), that you need to be systematic about rewarding players.

chicpea* 03-10-2004 06:14 AM

I've learned from Theodore: not to go down to early and too often;

From Audette: wear longer gloves even at shinny;

From Brisebois: to skate or pass it up the middle when I am the last man back (mind you, I was trying to get kicked off the team at that point ;));

From Cube: Size doesn't matter when hitting;

From Ulanov: don't take more than 4 stupid penalties in one game;

From Hackett: Being a good teammate is always remembered and respected;

From Lafleur: it's okay for me to smoke on my quest to the NHL;

From Richer: My hair comes first;

From Markov: when in doubt, get it out;

From Dags: when in doubt, shoot

From Saku: Never Give UP!

Moumni_Bachir 03-10-2004 06:24 AM

I've learn from the NHL that if you reach your maximum potential you can become a defensive player, and if you are not as good as expect at the defensive level you can become a goon...what a great system! :handclap:

J'ai appris de la LNH que si tu atteint ton potentiel maximum jeune tu peux devenir un joueur défensif, et si tu te rend compte que tu n'es pas assez bon au niveau défensif ben...tu peux devenir un plombier pis fesser des gueules...pas vrai? Moore Yablonski---> anciennement grand gagnant des gants d'or...Sti de système de cul...

PS: ;) :p :eek: :)

mcphee 03-10-2004 06:44 AM

I learned a lot from Chelios,Corson,Courtnall and company, all of which I'm to old to use. Oh but if I could use those moves today....

on the ice, I learned from John Ferguson to tangle people in their sweaters while pounding them with uppercuts.

electric 03-10-2004 07:49 AM

I learned how to skate by watching Pierre Dagenais, how to pass by watching Sergei Berezin and how to shoot by watching Joe Juneau.

Anksun 03-10-2004 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electric
I learned how to skate by watching Pierre Dagenais, how to pass by watching Sergei Berezin and how to shoot by watching Joe Juneau.

In the same way that i learned how to hit by watching Juha Lind or how to stop a puck by watching Trevor Kidd in the last year?

I agree, those are great models ;)