HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What's Been The Most.......... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=60716)

kazo 03-10-2004 10:04 AM

What's Been The Most..........

.........amazing part of the past week? Trading Leetch? Barnaby, deVries, or any of the other vets? Or acquiring 16 picks or young players? No, not to my mind.

To me, the most amazing part of the past week is that after all the smoke cleared last night, Jan Hlavac is still the second line LW for the New York Rangers.

Think about it. How the hell is that possible?

Ranger Blue 03-10-2004 10:11 AM

Two most amazing things.. Mark Messier logging 19:42 minutes and Jan Hlavac over 18. Unfrigging believeable.

Frozen North 03-10-2004 10:12 AM

Hlavac is a key part of the master plan to get Ovechkin! :joker:

moosemessier 03-10-2004 11:55 AM

oh wah wah wah! messier is a ranger and wants to end his career here. he will retire after this year. just let him. leave him alone. one man is not gonna ruin anything. he will help the kids. give it a friggin rest man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SatherExecutioner
To me the most amazing part was that Sather didn't trade Messier, that was extremely unprofessional for both of them to put selfish reason and friendship reason in front of their job which is to help the team.

moosemessier 03-10-2004 11:56 AM

:mad: plus what the hell would he have returned? a fifth round pick?! wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosemessier
oh wah wah wah! messier is a ranger and wants to end his career here. he will retire after this year. just let him. leave him alone. one man is not gonna ruin anything. he will help the kids. give it a friggin rest man.

moosemessier 03-10-2004 12:21 PM

easily gotten a third or prospect from the leafs huh?

newsflash sathere - this team has enough kids coming our way. now if you said take a puszy like hlavac off the team then i would say yes to that. hmmmmm....... who is doing better this year hlavac or messier? you are so blind young man.

Quote:

He helps young players by taking away 20 minutes of icetime from them? Thanks but he can go help some other organization. I don't believe for a second that he is going to retire, that old bum is coming back to get his 700 goals. And we could have easily gotten a 3rd rounder and a prospect like Jay Harrison from the Leafs for Messier.

Edge 03-10-2004 12:24 PM

i think i could support the trade messier argument a little more if we were overflowing with centers.

as it stands right now lundmark has been beaten out by both Ortmeyer and murray.

moosemessier 03-10-2004 12:31 PM

a good return? are you that inbred? so you liked the old fart leetch going too? well i am glad he is gone as well. you know why hlavac is still here? not ONE SINGLE TEAM wanted that POS.

Quote:

That is why the old fart could get us a good return, he is not part of our future, he is just an old man along for a ride. As long as he is here this team will suck and there will not be true rebuilding and youth movement.