HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   OT: Jersey for Mt-Svk's Daughter Julka (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=607389)

Mellington 02-13-2009 11:35 PM

Jersey for Mt-Svk's Daughter Julka
 
Some of you may already know this story .. Some may not ... here is the back story in Mt-Svk's own words


1-15

My daughter will be operated 14.1. 2009 (brain). Cross one`s fingers!!!

1-15


So, the operation is over. t was the difficult operation, it take long - 8 hours. Julka had brain tumour, at fourth coele and spinal cord + it was joined with something (I don`t know this word English). Neuro-surgeons took 99% from it (another 1% was very venturesome). She is in twilight sleep (I know it is wrong word but I don`t know better) to her body, her organism rest a little. Operation was succesfull but we must wait waht`s happen next because it don`t depend from neuro-surgeons. We have very good neurosurgeons in Martin.

I`m very tired and I must sleep now.

THANKS FOR SUPPORT VERY HELP ME ACCORDING TO JULKA`S OPERATION!!!

Still we must be waiting for histological tests to know whether tumour was (and parts which stay in brain) carcinogenic or not. But whether it will or not medical men will propably want irridation for destroying loeftover of tumour in brain, this 1%. So I believe tumour was not carcogenic and one will not need irridation.


1-27

Tomorrow doctors will say whether Julkas tumour was benign (the tumour who does not metastasises) or malignant (the tumour who does metastasises). So keep ones fingers.

1-28

Benign and maligant as well. Benign its structure and malign its stupid situation (at brain-stern).

1-29

An onkological treatment. Stupid site of tumour. If it would be better site, doctors cut it and the end, any oncology, nothing. And now or a radiotherapy or a chemotherapy only for 0,7 square milimeter benign tumour (benign are, for example, cyst, light tubercle and similar simply things too).

Good because it is not cancer. Bad for onkological treatment. So good - 80%, bad 20% (for undesirable effects from treatment). But I want so that Julka will get homeopathic treatment and still something (acupuncture and so on). I must consider people who are good in it not amateur. I have some contacts.

2-4

So, we will go into the onkology tomorrow, keep one`s fingers. By the way Julka very like my a hat of Jackets and also wants a jersey - Does she think I am a millionaire to buy her what she wants or what?


2-7

I will take my hat of Columbus (and some others things) into a hospital I would want to feel like at home. I would like to take photos so I hope they will alowe me it.





What we want to do is not something Mt-Svk has asked of us .. Its something we as her HF- Family would like to do to bring a smile to a little girls face who is dealing with so much.

After Mt-Svk mentioned Julka would like a Jersey .. DSL mention maybe we as a board could get together and Collect the money and send Julka a Jersey...After several post back and forth in the Lounge I agreed to collected the money ... I will use this thread to update and let people know where we stand with how much money we have collected .. we are going to collect money atleast till the end of this month ..

I am in the process of making a jar to drop at the Rbar to collect some money .. I am also going to be in my seats at the games by 6:30 and during the 1st intermission I sit in 210 Row E seat 16 ( go in the 210/211 entrance ) My myspace is linked in my profile it has pics. If you see me at the bar I would be glad to take your donation then.. I have a small notebook to keep track of what is donated and I will be glad to write it down in front of you so that you know that I am not keeping any of the money.

I am in the process of getting a few more questions answered about paypal so that is not a option as of right now. If anyone would like to send me a check please pm me and I will give you the address to send it to. Also if you are unable to make it to the rbar or a game and work downtown pm me and I will tell you where I work downtown and you can drop it off to me there.



Once all the money is collected DSL and I are going to get together to purchase and ship the Jersey and a Hat ( so mom can have hers back ) to Julka.

I think any extra money collected should go to the Blue Jackets Foundation, I hope you are all on board with that.


I would like keep this thread just to questions about donating and updates about how much we have collected and I hope Mt-Svk will use it to update us on how Julka is doing ..


Thanks to all who help and those who dont we understand not everyone will be able to help we just ask you to keep Mt-Svk and Julka in your thoughts

JF Labbe 02-14-2009 12:47 AM

Absolutely! This is a great idea. I wish I would have known earlier. Next time I'm in CBus, you've got my money.

Both Mt-Svk and Julka are in my prayers. Good luck and G-d speed!

BELIEVE

firethecannon 02-14-2009 09:11 AM

I would think that if you were to relay this story to the CBJ they would take care of it for you. Maybe send the story to Portzline and he could make sure they know about the situation.

X0ssbar 02-14-2009 09:14 AM

Mel remind me of this next time we run into each other.. I definitely want to contribute.

Xoggz22 02-14-2009 09:42 AM

I'm in. I'll try to make my way up on Monday to the Dallas game. If not then certainly the next home game. Best wishes to all.

Mellington 02-14-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firethecannon (Post 17919301)
I would think that if you were to relay this story to the CBJ they would take care of it for you. Maybe send the story to Portzline and he could make sure they know about the situation.


Some did talk to someone with the CBJ but being as its so late in the season they pretty much have things all set as to who they are donating to .. They get lots of request and are only able to do so many .. I think this is a great thing for us a group to do and it will be nice to donate any money leftover to the Foundation I would like to donate it to the Mr. Mac Scholarship Fund

CapnCornelius 02-14-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mellington (Post 17919640)
Some did talk to someone with the CBJ but being as its so late in the season they pretty much have things all set as to who they are donating to .. They get lots of request and are only able to do so many .. I think this is a great thing for us a group to do and it will be nice to donate any money leftover to the Foundation I would like to donate it to the Mr. Mac Scholarship Fund

That may be true for the foundational giving, but I think they could arrange something small and non-monetary--i.e. get the team to autograph a stick or something like that.

TaketheCannoli 02-14-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnCornelius (Post 17920224)
That may be true for the foundational giving, but I think they could arrange something small and non-monetary--i.e. get the team to autograph a stick or something like that.

Good idea, Let's all call our Customer Service Reps and ask.

Mellington, thanks for posting this today. I'm in.

Inquiring Minds 02-14-2009 12:16 PM

Mel, I'll try and wander over on Monday at the Dallas game and give you my contribution.

If we buy the sweater, I wonder if the guys would sign it?

(If we can't get the guys here, maybe we could route it over to Freddie No and have him sign it over in Russia?:sarcasm:)

pupton 02-14-2009 12:25 PM

I'm in as well. Will drop off at Monday's game or at the R-bar.

Mellington 02-14-2009 12:55 PM

I should have the paypal ready to go in a couple of days ..


Current Balance
$ 46 Bucks



I also went to the post office and picked up the forms we need to ship overseas so we will have that ...

Skraut 02-14-2009 12:57 PM

Mel, Do you have an address I can send a DVD to that can be included in the package?

Rugger Rudy 02-14-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mellington (Post 17921854)
I should have the paypal ready to go in a couple of days ..


Current Balance
$ 46 Bucks



I also went to the post office and picked up the forms we need to ship overseas so we will have that ...

Your setting up Paypal? I pm'd you about sending a check, but that works, too. Please keep us posted. :)

MFRONE 02-14-2009 01:14 PM

I won't be able to make the next few home games (Toronto road trip) so unless you'll be at the Air Canada Centre I would really like to donate through PayPal when you get that setup.

Double-Shift Lassť 02-14-2009 01:18 PM

PM Mell for PayPal info and/or her mailing address - correct me if I'm wrong there Mell.

Any word on a collection jar at the RBar?

I did contact the team regarding the jersey and was told they'd probably balk at making it a donation type thing. However, the idea in here about signing or whatever, if it didn't involve the team and $$, is a good one and I'll revisit with my contact.

Was told by mt that the best option if we wanted to put a name on it was to put Julka's. I guess we could pick a number. Will they do this on a non-authentic? Only reason I ask about a replica is Julka's going to grow out of it relatively quickly, even if we buy it purposefully big. That said, maybe we don't care and it's something they can keep around even once it's too small. I'm just thinking out loud here. I'm assuming we'll end up with plenty of dough to buy whatever type of jersey - maybe I should wait an see.

Anyway thanks all for jumping in on this. It was sort of an off-the-cuff idea but no doubt it would be cool to know a kid in Slovakia is representing.

Mellington 02-14-2009 01:25 PM

I will drop the Jar off tommorow .. I dont wanna do it during pre-game :D and I am just waiting for a response back from paypal so I can do the final step I need with that


As far as number for the jersey what about the last two numbers of the year she was born

letsgojackets 02-14-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť (Post 17922173)
PM Mell for PayPal info and/or her mailing address - correct me if I'm wrong there Mell.

Any word on a collection jar at the RBar?

I did contact the team regarding the jersey and was told they'd probably balk at making it a donation type thing. However, the idea in here about signing or whatever, if it didn't involve the team and $$, is a good one and I'll revisit with my contact.

Was told by mt that the best option if we wanted to put a name on it was to put Julka's. I guess we could pick a number. Will they do this on a non-authentic? Only reason I ask about a replica is Julka's going to grow out of it relatively quickly, even if we buy it purposefully big. That said, maybe we don't care and it's something they can keep around even once it's too small. I'm just thinking out loud here. I'm assuming we'll end up with plenty of dough to buy whatever type of jersey - maybe I should wait an see.

Anyway thanks all for jumping in on this. It was sort of an off-the-cuff idea but no doubt it would be cool to know a kid in Slovakia is representing.

I will stop by your section on Monday. I would suggest that you contact the Foundation or stop by their booth at the game about a hat. I think that they would gladly provide a signed Hats for Heroes hat. If they won't, I will give up mine.

Doug19 02-14-2009 02:44 PM

I would be glad to donate

eljefe72 02-14-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skraut (Post 17921875)
Mel, Do you have an address I can send a DVD to that can be included in the package?

Will there be any compatibility issues with DVD players in Europe? I'm thinking they're formatted different, but I could be wrong...

Skraut 02-14-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jemhuff (Post 17923930)
Will there be any compatibility issues with DVD players in Europe? I'm thinking they're formatted different, but I could be wrong...

It's possible there might be an issue with that if played on a non-digital Television. Playing it on the computer should be just fine.

Double-Shift Lassť 02-14-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsgojackets (Post 17923404)
I will stop by your section on Monday. I would suggest that you contact the Foundation or stop by their booth at the game about a hat. I think that they would gladly provide a signed Hats for Heroes hat. If they won't, I will give up mine.

I'm in 103 Monday for anyone else who wants to go that route. I'll try and remember to hang out in the concourse between periods and wear something noticeable - and let everyone know what it is.

Good idea on the Foundation.

JacketsFanWest 02-14-2009 08:30 PM

Let me know the PayPal address too.

OldGoaltender 02-14-2009 10:22 PM

My wife bought me a Voracek jersey when they first came out in white, but she bought it in XL and it's a little small for me. Never worn, she's more than welcome to it. Let me know.

1857 Howitzer 02-14-2009 10:27 PM

Let me know when you have paypal set up.

Double-Shift Lassť 02-16-2009 09:02 AM

Again, for PayPal and mailed donations see Mell - also the RBar collection jar - is it there, Mell?

I'll be outside 103 between periods and tonight if folks want to drop off cash. I'm about 6', wear glasses and have on a tan-ish ribbed high-neck sweater.

I like Mell's idea bout the year she was born for a #, either that or this year.

Have reached out again to my contact with the organ-eye-zation about the suggestions on getting the jersey signed and also asking the Foundation if they'd be willing to add a hat.

OldGoalie - I guess that'd be OK for mt - won't do Julka any good for a few years anyway. (Of course, as I've just declared that Jake is my new favorite player, maybe I'll offer to buy it!:))


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.