HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Gameday: Wild @ Canucks - 2004-03-10 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=60750)

ceber 03-10-2004 10:59 AM

Gameday: Wild @ Canucks - 2004-03-10

Well, this is the final game between the two teams this season. Hard to say how much emotion will show up in this one. We're skating some new guys and younger guys, the Canucks have some new bodies, and they obviously have larger issues overshadowing them right now. I'm hoping everyone just forgets about all the garbage that's happened and lets the guys just play hockey.
I'm looking forward to a good game. The Canucks have quite a few new guys who I'm sure will be looking to contribute right away. We've got young guys trying to prove they belong and trying to get used to playing more often, and several of our older guys will be playing for jobs.
Walz and Dupuis are expected to be out. I haven't seen anything about Walz's visit to the doctor. Dupuis skated the other day. Wiemer was a healthy scratch last game, but I'd imagine he'll go tonight.
I think we've been playing better offensively but not as well defensively lately. I have a feeling we may lose this one by a decent margin, 3 or 4 goals.

Oh, congrats to Michalek for his first NHL goal and to Henry for his second and being awarded the A for the rest of the season. ;)

Surly Furious 03-10-2004 11:38 AM

It's hard to imagine this one getting out of hand with the Bertuzzi situation hanging overhead - however, these are the Canucks we're talking about, so all bets are off. Bertuzzi has never been as much of an antagonizer to the Wild on the ice as have Cooke, Ruutu, and Brookbank, who should all be present tonight, along with Brad May for good measure.

I think it will be a tight checking affair - 2-2 perhaps, with goals by Chouinard and Zyuzin.

Wild Bill 03-10-2004 02:30 PM

Don't feel good about this one at all...we could end up on the ****-end of this stick...I see...MASS DESTRUCTION!

Cannucks 7 Wild 1 (who do we have left again?)

NyCoN 03-10-2004 02:33 PM

*Repost from GDT in the Canucks board*

Should be a very exciting game tonight. Wild beat the sharks last night 4-3. Fernandez got the win, which means Roli will probably be in net. It's going to be interesting to see if Johnson and Cooke/Brookbank(sp?) go at it. I just might have to stay up late to watch this whole game(damn pacific coast teams).

I'll say 2-2 tie. Burns, Wallin score for the Wild. :yo:

Avery4Byng* 03-10-2004 02:51 PM

It is definatly hard to predict an outcome tonight or whats going to happen... Brookbank and Johnson would have to be a lock for sure to fight. Will Johnson have a few words for Cooke or vice versa? hmmm

Anyways im going 3-3

Linden, Nazzy, MAY
Gaborik 2, Walz

snepsts27 03-10-2004 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tray
It is definatly hard to predict an outcome tonight or whats going to happen... Brookbank and Johnson would have to be a lock for sure to fight. Will Johnson have a few words for Cooke or vice versa? hmmm

Anyways im going 3-3

Linden, Nazzy, MAY
Gaborik 2, Walz

May is suspended for accumilating three misconducts, so that is one less tough guy in our lineup.

Kristofer 03-10-2004 03:11 PM

4-2 Canucks.
Wild goals from Veilleux and I'm hoping Wallin shows a little more and gets his first of the year.
Tonight if we see the same intensity from past Wild/Canuck games I wouldn't be surprised to see Veilleux go with Cooke. Same weight class and probably more even than a Johnson/Cooke fight.

thestonedkoala 03-10-2004 03:13 PM

Veilleux should go after Cooke LOL...That would be interesting...

Veilleux our own little Ruutu LOL

ceber 03-10-2004 03:29 PM

I don't think Johnson should fight Cooke. Despite how much I'd like to see Cooke finally actually fight one of the guys he urges on, I just don't think it's a good idea for heavyweight guys to fight middleweight guys. Unless the middleweight guy choose to go, that is.

It'd be nice to see a game without cheap shots and dirty play.

tk421 03-10-2004 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceber
I don't think Johnson should fight Cooke. Despite how much I'd like to see Cooke finally actually fight one of the guys he urges on, I just don't think it's a good idea for heavyweight guys to fight middleweight guys. Unless the middleweight guy choose to go, that is.

It'd be nice to see a game without cheap shots and dirty play.

When is Weimer going to get involved in this rilvary. He is one of the best fighters, and he would destroy Cooke/Ruutu.

Please Jason, fight, lord knows you aren't on the team for goal scoring.

Avery4Byng* 03-10-2004 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snepsts27
May is suspended for accumilating three misconducts, so that is one less tough guy in our lineup.

Damn I knew that..... :rolly:

Avery4Byng* 03-10-2004 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Veilleux should go after Cooke LOL...That would be interesting...

Veilleux our own little Ruutu LOL

He's got lots of work to do to catch up to Roots.... But that definatly would be a decent tilt!

aylib 03-10-2004 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tray
He's got lots of work to do to catch up to Roots.... But that definatly would be a decent tilt!

I'd rather have Stephane stay where he is at, if his only progress is going to go the Ruutu route.

ceber 03-11-2004 12:40 AM

Well, all things considered, that's a pretty good result, IMO. Mitchell ended up scratched with the flu, so we only had the five D-men.

Very nice to see Lemaire really testing the kids. He played them all the time, in any situation. Penalty kill, power play, end of the game. Fun stuff.

Cloutier played pretty well, I thought. Canucks started strong, faded in the middle, but finished strong.

Loved Roli's pass up to Daigle on our PP goal. Great fun to watch that play go all the way up the ice.

Surly Furious 03-11-2004 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceber

Loved Roli's pass up to Daigle on our PP goal. Great fun to watch that play go all the way up the ice.

I'll go along with that - otherwise pretty much a sleeper - the Canucks are capable of playing some of the most boring hockey when they want to. They can't skate with the Wild, so they hook, clutch, grab, and otherwise obstruct in any way possible. And people say the trap is boring :dunno:

ceber 03-11-2004 09:04 AM

Yeah, when the Canucks are off their game, they are not entertaining, that's for sure.

However, that one hit Cooke threw was great! Talk about firing up the fans. Wait.. was it Ruutu who threw it? Hmm.. I don't remember...Oh yeah! It was both of 'em. ;)

Fired this fan up, anyway.