HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Where to get a cardboard box for a stick (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=607728)

browntown 02-14-2009 09:14 PM

Where to get a cardboard box for a stick

stupid question, need a cardboard box to send a stick back to the manufacturer, so where can a get a single cardboard box to ship it in.i know it's a dumb question but i am puzzled. Im in canada, so would canada post pack it up for me by any chance.

Placebo Effect 02-14-2009 09:16 PM

Most Canada Post offices sell a bunch of sized boxes so I'm sure they could help you out. But then again hockey sticks aren't exactly sent too often I don't think.

irishlaxburger2 02-14-2009 09:17 PM

Maybe tape some cardboard together?

Dr Turk 02-14-2009 09:21 PM

On a sort of related note, how the hell are you supposed to travel places on a plane with your hockey stick and gear in a addition to all your other stuff?

Placebo Effect 02-14-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrTurkelton (Post 17931858)
On a sort of related note, how the hell are you supposed to travel places on a plane with your hockey stick and gear in a addition to all your other stuff?

Just check it and put your sticks in a stick bag. All airlines have sport equipment baggage info on their sites. Nowadays with most airlines charging fees for baggage it's a pain if you have to add equipment on top. More reason to stay with WestJet, they don't charge for first two bags while American Airlines charges even for your first checked bag.

Here's what the WestJet info on hockey equipment is

Quote:

Football and hockey equipment

* The oversized fee will be waived, and if the football or hockey bag's primary use is to transport equipment then the overweight fee will also be waived (up to 100 lbs). The excess piece fee will be charged if applicable.
* One helmet, a football/puck, a set of pads, and a pair of cleats or skates are included as part of one accepted set.
* Any loose sticks not packed inside a hockey bag should be taped together and tagged with a separate baggage tag. A Limited Liability Release Form must be completed for the loose sticks.

Dr Turk 02-15-2009 11:40 AM

oh ok, thanks. Its a shame westjet doesnt come to st. louis.

BrianNYR 02-16-2009 03:04 PM

If it is broken just cut it once like you are allowed to, and wrap it in a black garbage bag and tape it up. Bauer told me to do this a few years back with stick returns and I have never had a problem. Remember, if its broken, you wont need that great of packaging.

greech 02-17-2009 03:45 PM

+1 on cutting it. If you call before sending it in, just mention cutting it, usually they have no problems.

browntown 02-17-2009 04:48 PM

Thanx for ur ideas, i just found a place 5 minutes away from me and i found the perfect size box, it only costed me 5 bucks, so not bad, but thanx for ur advice.