HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   The what DFA thinks about the trades thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=60832)

Old Hickory 03-10-2004 03:15 PM

The what DFA thinks about the trades thread
 
The Carter thread- Likes the fact we got Anson. He thinks we gave up too much in Aulin.Dave thinks it way giving up too much of the future for the present. He would have liked a prospect to come back our way. He would have been thrilled if it were a bigger trade involving one of The Caps goalie prospects

The Cowan trade- He doesn't know enough about him. He doesn't know how much better he is going to make the team or if there is room for him in the lineup.

Dempsey-Dave doesn't think we needed another puck moving defenseman, he would have prefered we got another physical d-man. He thinks DT got great value in the trade and he likes what he's seen in Dempsey so far. "For a 4th rounder! You can't go wrong with that"

His computer is almost repaired and he should be back soon.


Edit- IF he were Colin Campbell he would suspend Bertuzzi the rest of the season. HE would not suspend Bery for the playoffs because he thinks it would be too damaging to the team. Dave thinks the entire playoffs would be too severe

He predict the NHL the suspend him the rest of the year, allow him to the play in the playoffs, and then suspend him for another 7-10 games next season

No One 03-10-2004 03:18 PM

what does DfA use? an old IBM PC XT??

:)

PC Club on Stearns in Long Beach is not THAT far away from HB!!!

Old Hickory 03-10-2004 03:24 PM

He's a MAC man and a victim of a power surge started by a Ducks fan! He got the surgemaster bass-o-matic 3000 to protect the computer when it returns

Legionnaire 03-10-2004 04:18 PM

Pretty much agree with Dave. We definitely overpaid for Carter since it was highly probable that he would have ended up here in the offseason. The problem I had with giving up Aulin was that he never reall got a chance to see how well he would fit in. Just bad luck I guess.

I do disagree with Bertuzzi's suspension though. All of the playoffs. The Canucks should most certainly be punished for Bertuzzi's actions. They made some very public statements about revenge, and it just so happens it was one of their best players who carried it out. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

David A. Rainer 03-10-2004 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No One
what does DfA use? an old IBM PC XT??

Commodore 64 baby!!!


And I don't know who this kingsjohn fella is. I've never met him before in my life and to presume he knows what I think about the recent activity... whatever. :mad:

:joker:

agentfouser 03-10-2004 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Pretty much agree with Dave. We definitely overpaid for Carter since it was highly probable that he would have ended up here in the offseason. The problem I had with giving up Aulin was that he never reall got a chance to see how well he would fit in. Just bad luck I guess.

I do disagree with Bertuzzi's suspension though. All of the playoffs. The Canucks should most certainly be punished for Bertuzzi's actions. They made some very public statements about revenge, and it just so happens it was one of their best players who carried it out. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

i think bertuzzi should be gone for either (a) as long as moore is gone or (b) 40 regular season games and any club activities until that 40th regular season game is played (ie. playoffs, training camp, etc.). an attack as violent and thuggish as that one was must be punished severely, or the league will be basically admitting that its okay.

as for the trades, i'm optimistic about carter. murray gets the most out of his players, and he's coached carter before so i must conclude that he feels that he can get more out of carter than what we've seen so far this year. besides, the guy is motivated to play for the team he always wanted to. giving up aulin was not fun, but i have to admit that doubts existed in my mind about his durability. or, maybe i'm being too hard on the kid. in any case, i agree with dfa, a prospect, even a mid-level one, coming back would have been a much better deal. overall, i can live with it.

i like the cowan deal. he may not be the heavyweight scrapper than brennan is, and its always tough to lose an irish player, but i'd rather have another middleweight who plays tough than a heavyweight who rides the pine. this may just be a function of murray misusing brennan, but i think the bottom line is that cowan will help us more than brennan did.

as for dempsey, you can't go wrong for a 4th rounder. i, like many others, am puzzled by the analysis in another thread that asserts that the hawks will eventually get the better end of this trade. i guess their scouting staff has seriously improved.

David A. Rainer 03-10-2004 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navigator
and its always tough to lose an irish player

The name "cowan" is of Scotish/Irish descent.

No One 03-10-2004 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
Commodore 64 baby!!!


And I don't know who this kingsjohn fella is. I've never met him before in my life and to presume he knows what I think about the recent activity... whatever. :mad:

:joker:

Sweet on the Commodore 64!! Nice..

Anyway, I disagree with you on the Carter trade. Aulin was a good price to pay (see other threads)..

and I am hoping never to meet any of these HB/OC hockey BBS posters.. Since I scare myself, I am sure you all would scare me as well.!!!! :yo:

GKJ 03-10-2004 06:13 PM

Carter is NOT a UFA, so, the Kings would either have to give uop first round picks or trade for him. The Caps would have tendered him an offer so they get something for him.

Legionnaire 03-10-2004 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Carter is NOT a UFA, so, the Kings would either have to give uop first round picks or trade for him. The Caps would have tendered him an offer so they get something for him.

That's a pretty slippery slope. If no one wants him, then they get stuck with a 3 million dollar contract; which is something I know they don't want to do.

guzmania 03-10-2004 06:36 PM

Good to have you back DFA.

The price for Carter was not a bargain but probably in line with assuring the deal was made. I believe we've been tracking this guy for a long time. There is a chance that Aulin will be the next Brendan Shanahan, then again he might be Craig Redmond.

Injuries that are caused with an intent to injure should carry a suspension that is in effect until the injured party has returned to the game. Reviewable every 90 days by the league.

willie 03-10-2004 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
The Caps would have tendered him an offer so they get something for him.

Actually, McPhee explicitly said at the deadline that they weren't going to qualify him at $2.8 million, hence the deal. Dealing Aulin for a the playoff "run" (lets not kid ourselves, barring some miracle recoveries, the run will likely consist of possibly making the playoffs and than a first round exit) for a guy who LA probably would have been able to sign (if they wanted to) does seem like an overpayment. That said, if Carter can help push LA into the postseason, it is probably worth it from a financial perspective.

David A. Rainer 03-11-2004 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
He predict the NHL the suspend him the rest of the year, allow him to the play in the playoffs, and then suspend him for another 7-10 games next season

I missed that one big time. The NHL lowered the hammer on him.

agentfouser 03-11-2004 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
I missed that one big time. The NHL lowered the hammer on him.

so do you think that's fair? i was expecting more; taking into account the mcsorley incident, i felt that bertuzzi's was a signifigant step worse and thus merited a harsher penalty. i was thinking like rest of this season, playoffs, training camp, first part of next season and then apply for reinstatement.

as for that being fair, its hard to say. obviously we're only talking about this because moore got hurt. had he simply bounced back up and started swinging, bertuzzi would have gotten a lot of minutes and maybe a game. in addition, people take runs at each other all the time and no suspensions are handed down, so in that sense punishing bertuzzi, especially this severly, is unfair.

however, i do feel that there is too much violence in the game, and measures should be taken to reduce it. what i would really like to see is players excercising more restraint and concern for the welfare of their fellow players. i think that a more severe punishment to bertuzzi might be a step in that direction.

David A. Rainer 03-11-2004 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navigator
so do you think that's fair?

I thought it was a bit much but completely justified.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navigator
as for that being fair, its hard to say. obviously we're only talking about this because moore got hurt. had he simply bounced back up and started swinging, bertuzzi would have gotten a lot of minutes and maybe a game. in addition, people take runs at each other all the time and no suspensions are handed down, so in that sense punishing bertuzzi, especially this severly, is unfair.

I thought the exact same thing last night when I was watching the press conference. As egregious as the attack was, if Moore had jumped up and started swinging back, it probably would have been only a couple of games. But Moore didn't, so Bertuzzi should just accept his punishment.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.