HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   For you Ville lovers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=608968)

Joe T Choker 02-17-2009 03:28 PM

For you Ville lovers
 
Jesus H Christ, we're going to get ***** by Detroit

worstfaceoffmanever 02-17-2009 04:00 PM

grasping at straws
Fig. 1. to depend on something that is useless; to make a futile attempt at something.

Joe T Choker 02-17-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 17988895)
grasping at straws
Fig. 1. to depend on something that is useless; to make a futile attempt at something.

not grasping at straws ... just over-dramatic

braindead 02-17-2009 04:15 PM

After 8 games, I've forgotten how much worse he is than DeVries at this point so I'm fine.

On an unrelated note, Belak should never play another game for the Preds. Other than giving his linemates a chance to practice the equivalent of a PK, I see no use whatsoever for him. I'd rather try anyone from the Ads. Anyone. Even a goalie.

jstreet 02-17-2009 04:31 PM

cant be worse than DeVries.

Jonesey 02-17-2009 07:05 PM

I got an e-mail back from Wade today.. I think he's a nice guy and I'd love for him to somehow find the back of the net. I agree he has a tough time moving around the ice, but looking at the rest of the team, he's not much worse. There was no one playing with heart against Ottawa, and we can't afford those games coming down the stretch.

braindead 02-17-2009 09:16 PM

Trade, welcome aboard. Wade seems like an amazingly nice guy. I thought Stu Grimson and Jim McKenzie seemed like awesome guys as well but when the juice ran out, they were bad. Wade doesnt have it at all IMO and is far worse than anyone on the team. I actually think we haven't had anyone as bad since maybe Andy Delmore.

Paranoid Android 02-17-2009 10:57 PM

but.... we need him to "enforce" and "protect tootoo" :help:

Jonesey 02-18-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braindead (Post 17997328)
Trade, welcome aboard. Wade seems like an amazingly nice guy. I thought Stu Grimson and Jim McKenzie seemed like awesome guys as well but when the juice ran out, they were bad. Wade doesnt have it at all IMO and is far worse than anyone on the team. I actually think we haven't had anyone as bad since maybe Andy Delmore.

I agree that he doesn't have it, but you know the mentality of this staff, and he will continue to play his 5-7 minutes a game, and I don't see why he shouldn't. It makes no sense to call a kid up from Milwaukee and give him Belak's minutes on that line.

jstreet 02-18-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trade Legwand (Post 18012017)
I agree that he doesn't have it, but you know the mentality of this staff, and he will continue to play his 5-7 minutes a game, and I don't see why he shouldn't. It makes no sense to call a kid up from Milwaukee and give him Belak's minutes on that line.

hopefully when Bonk comes back we dont even have to play him that much

Pred Head 02-18-2009 04:42 PM

He's not that bad. Well, maybe....at least he is filling the enforcer role. He absolutely dropped Janssen the other night.

braindead 02-19-2009 10:01 AM

Paper reports that Ville has asked for a trade and Poile has been trying to accomodate him and has come close a couple of times. If Sulzer hadn't been hurt, Ville would already be gone. Ville and DeVries will be gone by the trade deadline.

jstreet 02-19-2009 10:18 AM

He has to show some flash first. I wonder who wants him.

lugnut76 02-19-2009 10:52 AM

If he wants a trade, he sure didn't help his cause last night.

worstfaceoffmanever 02-19-2009 12:49 PM

Can't say I blame VK. The guy just wants to play hockey. That said, he's not really good enough to play at this level consistently and should probably head back to Europe this summer.

We could probably get a 3rd rounder from a team hard up for defensemen.

BigFatCat999 02-19-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 18031065)
Can't say I blame VK. The guy just wants to play hockey. That said, he's not really good enough to play at this level consistently and should probably head back to Europe this summer.

We could probably get a 3rd rounder from a team hard up for defensemen.

I'd do a backflip if that happens.

Jussi 02-24-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braindead (Post 18028020)
Paper reports that Ville has asked for a trade

Apparently that was the writers own version. Koistinen said in Finnish papers that the Nashville media seems to be after him. He never said he requested a trade and his agent even contacted the paper asking what the hell was that.

Seth Lake 02-24-2009 07:20 PM

VK in the lineup tonight - playing on the wing...

Should be interesting to watch. Not many posters on NP.com giving him or Trotz any chance to make this work. I have no idea personally. In NC for the past week and here through Thursday. Worth a shot if Jones is not performing...

Enoch 02-24-2009 07:23 PM

This is just stupid. Why can't we just call up O'Reilly or Santorelli or someone that actually has some type of offensive instincts? Koistinen is just flat out terrible.

Things like this just make me shake my head.

Now that I have said the above, watch Ville get a hattrick.

deleted 02-24-2009 07:33 PM

Trotz is a complete f***king idiot. We don't have a single player at a point per game. We have the player in the bottom 5 in all of the nhl for shot percentage (AP) in the lineup. We have a crap defensman playing even worse as a forward. And to top it all off, Jordin Tootoo and Joel Ward on our power play. I just may give up on this team. If the staff isn't gonna try to win...I won't try to watch. I doubt I'll go to anymore games this season.

Enoch 02-24-2009 07:36 PM

Ward and Tootoo on the powerplay is just inexcusable. It is unjustifiable. Tootoo has 2 goals and 1 assist in 286 career games on the powerplay....

Paincakes 02-24-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 18146438)
Ward and Tootoo on the powerplay is just inexcusable. It is unjustifiable. Tootoo has 2 goals and 1 assist in 286 career games on the powerplay....

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/3/...1Beretta_1.JPG

Paranoid Android 02-24-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 18146438)
Ward and Tootoo on the powerplay is just inexcusable. It is unjustifiable. Tootoo has 2 goals and 1 assist in 286 career games on the powerplay....

aaaaaand Tootoo with a great screen on Dumont's PP goal ;)

The Ville on wing experiment was a complete failure. He looked totally lost. It was a sad sight. He was out there for a goal against and many other Hawk scoring opportunities

worstfaceoffmanever 02-24-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predanerd (Post 18153834)
aaaaaand Tootoo with a great screen on Dumont's PP goal ;)

The Ville on wing experiment was a complete failure. He looked totally lost. It was a sad sight. He was out there for a goal against and many other Hawk scoring opportunities

You could tell he wanted to drift back and play defense. He tried to do it at least twice that I saw. Did he even play in the third period?



PLAY JONES, DAMNIT!

crossxcheck 02-25-2009 09:44 AM

:facepalm:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.