HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Laraque : " We are a proud team, we will show it tonight " (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=609479)

ReVeuF 02-18-2009 05:37 PM

Laraque : " We are a proud team, we will show it tonight "

I really hope the team will show something tonight... like he said.

But talentwise we get outmatched by the Caps, lets hope they won't give 100%.

My heart want a win but my head think we will lose.

Stradale 02-18-2009 05:41 PM

Why didnt they show up when Kovalev was still here? Did Kovalev have that much of a influence on Price, Markov, Komisarek, S. Kost, Higgins, Gorges, Bouillon, to make them play like **** for the last month?

Bill McNeal 02-18-2009 05:42 PM

He also said that when he came back he'd show us why he's worth his contract.

Watsatheo 02-18-2009 05:42 PM

Laraque vs Brashear?

vokiel 02-18-2009 05:43 PM

Yeah his fax abilities haven't been quite up to par with our expectations. ;)

Lone Rogue 02-18-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReVeuF (Post 18014161)
My heart want a win but my head think we will lose.

I hate it when posters say this.

Who he even thinks about a loss?

I don't think in being a Habs fan since 1992 have I ever said, "I think the Habs are going to lose tonight".

I just don't get it. Stop being a realist. If you used your head, you wouldn't cheer one team because your success rate would never be as good as just loving hockey and cheering for who you think will be the best team on any given night. You love the Habs, so think with your heart.

Vasculio 02-18-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 18014253)
Laraque vs Brashear?

IMO that's a no brainer, and he knows it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Rogue (Post 18014283)
I hate it when posters say this.

Who he even thinks about a loss?

I don't think in being a Habs fan since 1992 have I ever said, "I think the Habs are going to lose tonight".

I just don't get it. Stop being a realist. If you used your head, you wouldn't cheer one team because your success rate would never be as good as just loving hockey and cheering for who you think will be the best team on any given night. You love the Habs, so think with your heart.

Great quote here ! Thanks for some positivism here, I thought I was a lone fanatic... :handclap:

totalrecall 02-18-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Laraque vs Brashear?

looking forward to a hugging contest

Shabutie 02-18-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stradale (Post 18014227)
Why didnt they show up when Kovalev was still here? Did Kovalev have that much of a influence on Price, Markov, Komisarek, S. Kost, Higgins, Gorges, Bouillon, to make them play like **** for the last month?

Kovalev changed everything. He doesn't play north-south, he hogs the puck...he made everyone around him worse.

Travis Moen 02-18-2009 05:49 PM

blah blah blah blah.
Me thinks Laraque speaks too much.

Phil Parent 02-18-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Laraque vs Brashear?

They're best of friends, I do believe.

TheCH* 02-18-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Parent (Post 18014431)

I don't know about that. But they've fought plenty of times in the past..

Stradale 02-18-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 18014366)
Kovalev changed everything. He doesn't play north-south, he hogs the puck...he made everyone around him worse.

You really think that? You think thats why Price cannot stop a freaking puck he was scared of Kovalev or something like that? You think we gave up 46 shots against Colorado because of Kovalev? You think the D gave up at least 3 breakaways per game beause of Kovalev? You think Assistant-Captain Komisarek cannot clear his zone because of Kovalev? You think Higgins, Sergei, Laraques are useless because of Kovalev? You think Carbo changes the damn lines every game because Kovalev told him too?

Kovalev plays around 17 min a game. Not 60 min. If his teammates are professional and not liking the way Kovalev is playing, they should give their best to prove him that they can play without him, not imitating him. Kovalev doesnt go after them and say, im not playing tonight, so you better suck too. Kovalev is a part of the problem like almost everyone else but just because he is more talented than others, he should take all the blame.

Its digusting to blame it all on Kovalev.

Lucius 02-18-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 18014366)

There's still 40 minutes a game that he's not on the ice.

If he was impacting that too, that's just pouting.

Kovalev, some might not want to be reminded, is still our top scoring forward. Frankly, if Sergei was playing like him, we'd be sending him a Hart Trophy.

Vinceee 02-18-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucius (Post 18014683)

propably but he had more impact than the 17 minutes he was on the ice, with his stupid penalties, bad giveaways, momentum kills, his long ass shifts which ****ed up other people presences,...

i have a feeling that tonight it will be really different without Skost and Kovy

emb24* 02-18-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Parent (Post 18014431)

they're not. i can promise you that

Stradale 02-18-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinceee (Post 18014812)
propably but he had more impact than the 17 minutes he was on the ice, with his stupid penalties, bad giveaways, momentum kills, his long ass shifts which ****ed up other people presences,...

i have a feeling that tonight it will be really different without Skost and Kovy

Toronto 5-2. 0 PIM
Calgary 6-2 0 PIM
Edmonton 7-2 0 PIM
Vancouver 4-2 0 PIM

The last four lost. 0 PIM

Of course, he is the only reason the team played like **** in those games. :shakehead

Shabutie 02-18-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucius (Post 18014683)

If he was impacting that too, that's just pouting.

Kovalev, some might not want to be reminded, is still our top scoring forward. Frankly, if Sergei was playing like him, we'd be sending him a Hart Trophy.

Say what you will, I'm convinced that this team will be better without Kovalev.

Stradale 02-18-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 18014986)

This team will be better with a good Kovalev. Thats the point. Instead of making him better by finding solution with a good chat like what Gainey did in the summer after his desastrous season. They kick him out instead.

And i believe that it will be much more harder for Koivu now because im pretty sure in the previous game, the game plan for the other team was to stop Kovalev. Now that he is gone, the attention will be on Koivu now.

This is all to protect Carbo.

Vasculio 02-18-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stradale (Post 18015061)
This team will be better with a good Kovalev. Thats the point. Instead of making him better by finding solution with a good chat like what Gainey did in the summer after his desastrous season. They kick him out instead.

And i believe that it will be much more harder for Koivu now because im pretty sure in the previous game, the game plan for the other team was to stop Kovalev. Now that he is gone, the attention will be on Koivu now.

We haven't seen him for a while now, and that's a shame... he's 36, I don't think he has enough gas in the tank, at least for the remainder of the season...

PS Laraque = Kovalev ?

Vinceee 02-18-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stradale (Post 18014977)
Toronto 5-2. 0 PIM
Calgary 6-2 0 PIM
Edmonton 7-2 0 PIM
Vancouver 4-2 0 PIM

Of course, he is the only reason the team played like **** in those games. :shakehead

first i didnt say he was the only reason they played like ****, he was part of it...

second there are more than 4 games in a season... the amount of time he ****ed the habs up this year with his stupid penalties in the third... you can't deny it

third i said: stupid penalties bad giveaways, momentum kills, his long ass shifts which ****ed up other people presences,...

Lucius 02-18-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 18014986)

Not saying it won't be, but my point is that it's purely mental. There is no excuse for a team so broken that it lets one guy drag them down.

Stradale 02-18-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinceee (Post 18015106)
first i didnt say he was the only reason they played like ****, he was part of it...

second there are more than 4 games in a season... the amount of time he ****ed the habs up this year with his stupid penalties in the third... you can't deny it

third i said: stupid penalties bad giveaways, momentum kills, his long ass shifts which ****ed up other people presences,...

The team is not turning around Kovalev. He is not god in this team. This is like firing the coach, but this team, Gainey fire a player instead of the coach wishing it will have an impact on the player who are no better than Kovy. There are more problem in this team, NOT JUST one player. Now Kovalev has to take all the blame.

Im not saying he is good or anything. Far from it. I just dont like the way the organisation treat him. We know he can do better than that. He have shown it last season. Like i said (:naughty:), i think it was direspectful to threat him like that by kicking out of the team. A good chat, find a solution would be a better option imo. If he still suck, trade him or scratch him by saying he is injured, not kicking out like that. If Carbo dont like the way he is playing, dont ****ing give him the C or A.

Team_Spirit 02-18-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stradale (Post 18014977)
Toronto 5-2. 0 PIM
Calgary 6-2 0 PIM
Edmonton 7-2 0 PIM
Vancouver 4-2 0 PIM

Laraque should get PIM's in those games... He's big and win his staged fights but in the inside he's a big teddy bear.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p..._rYF4Mz3PY.jpg

Shabutie 02-18-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucius (Post 18015206)
Not saying it won't be, but my point is that it's purely mental. There is no excuse for a team so broken that it lets one guy drag them down.

I'm not saying that he is the only problem. I am saying that he is one of the problems. Gainey has fixed another problem by getting a decent dman. He has also sent down Sergei, which hopefully gives him a wake up call... I also like the fact that Greg Stewart is being given a chance instead of Begin who is pretty washed up. I did not want to see another season of Kovalev, and I'm glad to know that this will be his last with us.