HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Frozen Hockey Equipment on Gameday, at work... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=610181)

Danko 02-20-2009 08:18 AM

Frozen Hockey Equipment on Gameday, at work...

So, Im 22 years old, I still live with my parents, however I have a full time job. I intentionally brought my bag in the other day so I could wash my jersey socks etc...which i never did anyway. I play Open Hockey on Friday nights at 5:00 without fail. It's the only time of the week I get to play right now until I join a mens league.

Anyway, so i go hastly looking for my bag this morning only to find my dad put it outside on the deck in 20 degree weather with wind gusts of 40 that make it feel like 11 degrees outside...All my equipment is in essence frozen, especially my skates.

Any suggestions to dethawing these while im here at work so I can be ready to go at 5:00....I work in an office.

RedK 02-20-2009 08:55 AM

I keep a little hair dryer - a few moments of hot air in my skates and blocker/trapper and they are warm and slimy instead of cold and crunchy.

Crosbyfan 02-20-2009 09:28 AM

Spread it all out in the office. Your co-workers will love you.

densetsu 02-20-2009 11:48 AM

Any closed area that isn't used, claim it. In my last three office buildings, there were at least two coat closets on each floor and none of them were used... would be a nice location. Do you have clients, bosses, etc coming into your office? If not, just leave it in your corner and, if it really stinks, close the door.

Wherever you leave it, if it leaves a stink a 50/50 solution of vinegar/water will take the smell away nicely. Ask the janitorial staff nicely and they might even have a bottle on hand.

Pog Form 02-20-2009 12:45 PM

I leave my gear on my balcony, so it's frozen every time I play.

noobman 02-20-2009 01:04 PM

Either lay it out around your office (with the blessings of your co-workers, of course) or suck it up and wear it. Frozen gear isn't too bad as long as your undergarments aren't soaked.

Areid1990 02-20-2009 01:15 PM

I rather have Frozen then soaking wet gear.

NYRSinceBirth 02-20-2009 01:16 PM

Take it like a man? :D

Lay it out somewhere, or get to the rink early and find a warm spot to lay it out, or a spot in the sun.

Jagger Bomb 02-22-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Areid1990 (Post 18057558)
I rather have Frozen then soaking wet gear.

Oh heck yes. the only things I can't stand frozen are my skates and gloves. But I have a paint stripper heat gun type of thing that I use that de-ices everything in seconds :D

iceman_88888888 02-23-2009 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Dank (Post 18053587)
Any suggestions to dethawing these while im here at work so I can be ready to go at 5:00....I work in an office.

well, if you want to "dethaw" your gear, then i suggest you keep all your gear outside so it stays frozen. if you want to "defrost" your gear, then get to the rink early with a heat gun/blow dryer and go to town on everything. and depending on how new the rink is, you might have the hot air hand dryers in the change rooms so you might as well take full advantage of that. there's only maybe 4 rinks where i am that even have hand dryers to use...