HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Predators Top 20 prospects, Spring 2009 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=610744)

HF Article 02-21-2009 02:00 PM

Predators Top 20 prospects, Spring 2009

Colin Wilson remains atop the Nashville Predators Top 20 list.

More...

Seth Lake 02-21-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Others, recognizing the impact of the post-strike rules changes and the resulting premium on mobile defensemen, see Blum as a potential top-pairing defenseman in the Rob Niedermayer mode.
Pretty sure they meant Rob's brother Scott Neidermeyer...

Sulzer deserves a higher ranking, Smith should be lower, and Laakso deserves a spot there somewhere in the top 20 after his debut in the AHL this season.

braindead 02-21-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 18081679)
Sulzer deserves a higher ranking, Smith should be lower, and Laakso deserves a spot there somewhere in the top 20 after his debut in the AHL this season.

Agree, agree and agree. I also think O'Reilly lower and Spaling higher. I also think based solely on training camp performance that Blum has the chance to wind up at the top of the list when all is said and done.

great read. thanks.

Fleury14 02-21-2009 05:59 PM

Repeating the above, Sulzer is FAR too low.

Santorelli also seems a little lower than he should be.

worstfaceoffmanever 02-21-2009 10:21 PM

I'd swap Smith and Sulzer, and then swap Sulzer and Philström.

John Jaeckel 02-22-2009 09:11 AM

I appreciate you guys' comments.

Please email me anytime to discuss prospects, especially if you live in Milwaukee and/or see a lot of Ads games. I do not live in an AHL market (well, I guess that depends on your opinion of the Blue Jackets!), so I take what I can get!

Honestly, some of these guys would have been higher were it not for HF prospect criteria keeping some guys on the list (like Klein) at this point. I like Sulzer, too. Gotta go by where he is at his age and stage of development. There are a lot of guys like him at the fringe of the NHL, who are good AHL players but come up a bit short in terms of the overall package to make it in the NHL. We'll see.

I have to say, as a totally dispassionate observer (neither a Preds' fan nor a Preds hater), it's a really, really strong pipeline compared to some other teams.

John Jaeckel 02-22-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 18081679)
Pretty sure they meant Rob's brother Scott Neidermeyer...

I DID mean Scottie Niedermayer. Good catch, thanks. Will get it fixed.

zecke26 02-22-2009 12:46 PM

sulzer is not a native of hesse (hessen in german), but south-west bavaria (kaufbeuren). :)

John Jaeckel 02-25-2009 12:31 PM

I thought Kaufbeuren was near Dusseldorf (Hesse-Kassel)? If not, my bad.

thrillhous 02-28-2009 12:59 PM

Has Wilson given any indication as to how many more years of college he'll play?

Joe T Choker 02-28-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrillhous (Post 18232666)
Has Wilson given any indication as to how many more years of college he'll play?

yes ... this is his last

worstfaceoffmanever 02-28-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrillhous (Post 18232666)

I thought he said he would go year by year and reevaluate.

He'll probably turn pro this summer. I'd be surprised if he doesn't, he doesn't really have a whole lot left to prove at that level.

Seth Lake 02-28-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 18233204)
I thought he said he would go year by year and reevaluate.

He'll probably turn pro this summer. I'd be surprised if he doesn't, he doesn't really have a whole lot left to prove at that level.

Wilson has said repeatedly that the plan is on a year to year basis and will be re-evaluated at the end of each season, however BU coach Jack Parker has gone out and publicly stated that this is Wilson's last year in college and it is time for him to turn pro to continue his development.

Bottom line, he is expected to turn pro this summer, but possibly only at the start of next season and not at the end of the current NCAA season (BU should have a long playoff run).