HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Tor/Edm (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=611014)

Salim786 02-22-2009 01:04 AM

Tor/Edm

I was watching the Leafs/Nucks game, Jason Blake would look like a GREAT fit in Edmonton (just to be clear, I'm a big fan of the copper and blue)

so heres the deal

To Edmonton:

Jason Blake

To Toronto:

Dustin Penner + Slava Trukhno

Dustin Big **** is still relatively young, Leafs are rebuilding and looking for younger players. Also they are pretty thin in terms of forward prospects; Trukhno has looked good with Springfield this season. Another thing is, getting rid of Blake would bring them closer to a shot @ Tavares

I know that with Lowe and Burke's feud, this won't happen, but

Fire away folks!

s7ark 02-22-2009 01:06 AM

No to Blake. No no no no no

24staios24 02-22-2009 01:08 AM

As a die hard Oilers fan I would most likely stop cheering for the Oilers if Jason Blake came here... The guy is a weasel and a cancer who starts fights with is own teammates.

mcphllp 02-22-2009 01:08 AM

how can you say no to blake if youre giving up penner. brutal trade for the leafs

Nunymare 02-22-2009 01:09 AM

Oilers dont want Blake.

No x100

Joey Moss 02-22-2009 01:09 AM

Why no to Blake? he has been pretty good this season, a hell of alot better than that faty..

Salim786 02-22-2009 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24staios24 (Post 18093975)
As a die hard Oilers fan I would most likely stop cheering for the Oilers if Jason Blake came here... The guy is a weasel and a cancer who starts fights with is own teammates.

is he actually? never heard of that before !

Salim786 02-22-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphllp (Post 18093984)
how can you say no to blake if youre giving up penner. brutal trade for the leafs

not too terrible

Penner is a Brian Burke player. Big, soft hands and good for around 20 goals. Yeah the contract is brutal, but still

and Trukhno looks like he could be a scoring 3rd liner someday

mcphllp 02-22-2009 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salim786 (Post 18094085)
not too terrible

Penner is a Brian Burke player. Big, soft hands and good for around 20 goals. Yeah the contract is brutal, but still

dont know who the prospect is, guessing you just looked him up on hf. Penners soft hands are similar to his soft play. hes big but doesnt play big, burke had a shot at him, but said no and took the picks instead

WildWolfdog 02-22-2009 01:19 AM

The word "brutal" has to be the most overused phrase on these boards. It's like there's no difference between "bad" or "brutal" :shakehead.

Salim786 02-22-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphllp (Post 18094127)
dont know who the prospect is, guessing you just looked him up on hf. Penners soft hands are similar to his soft play. hes big but doesnt play big, burke had a shot at him, but said no and took the picks instead

I've seen Trukhno play live during the preseason, he didnt look out of place like Taylor Chorney (another Oilers prospect) but he needs time in the minors

Burke was in an entirely different cap situation in ANaheim as well

mcphllp 02-22-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salim786 (Post 18094152)
I've seen Trukhno play live during the preseason, he didnt look out of place like Taylor Chorney (another Oilers prospect) but he needs time in the minors

Burke was in an entirely different cap situation in ANaheim as well

Ya but honestly, the difference between Blake and Penner is pretty big. And to the poster above, it is close to brutal. If the leafs were to trade Blake and teams were interested, there would be a much different return than Penner.

Baldo Ronaldo 02-22-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphllp (Post 18094191)
Ya but honestly, the difference between Blake and Penner is pretty big. And to the poster above, it is close to brutal. If the leafs were to trade Blake and teams were interested, there would be a much different return than Penner.

Agreed. But having said this, I would definitely trade Grabovski for Penner and a 2nd or something. Penner isn't as bad as he has looked in Edmonton. I just don't like Grabovski on this team although a lot of Leafs fans will be upset by this.

dubey 02-22-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salim786 (Post 18094085)
not too terrible

Do you think Burke takes Penner back after going out of his way to criticize the signing like he did? Not to mention how right he was.

Penner never plays for Burke at least until that contract expires.

sharpie 02-22-2009 10:02 AM

NO THANKS from the leafs. You can keep that overweight, one season wonder, who never in the world should have been given that kind of money. You make your bed, then you can sleep in it.

leafmon 02-22-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpie (Post 18096212)
NO THANKS from the leafs. You can keep that overweight, one season wonder, who never in the world should have been given that kind of money. You make your bed, then you can sleep in it.

I agree cause we have to do the same with Blake unless someone gets stupid at the deadline.

grabo84 02-22-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24staios24 (Post 18093975)

This isn't true.

Anyways as to the deal, I sort of like Penner, so I might be tempted. Plus I used to see Skorykh in junior all the time, so it'd be cool to see him in a Leafs jersey. There's no way this deal happens though.

The Naz 02-22-2009 10:36 AM

i dont the oilers as well as the leafs, but whats the difference between penner and ponikorovsky? big and soft, yet strong along the boards, good for 20 +. not that blake is that much better, but he does a lot of gritty work for a little guy, scrums, instigateing, and a fair amount more offense. hes a good all around second liner i think. my point is, i wouldnt bother with that trade, if i was stuck with 1 of the 2 bad contracts, i'd take blake and his lip, over a 40 point soft power forward.

highoffglass 02-22-2009 10:38 AM

I think both teams so no to this, though it's very realistic

Obama 02-22-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leafmon (Post 18096243)
I agree cause we have to do the same with Blake unless someone gets stupid at the deadline.

If we really need the money, we can send Blake to the minors right? Although I dont like him at all, getting rid of him is not that big of a deal IMO

sgupca 02-22-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7ark (Post 18093939)
No to Blake. No no no no no

No to Penner,,,NO No no no no no.....

slow, lazy, can't play without your two big guns.

Blake has put up a very productive season while playing 3rd line minutes with Moore.

Blake >>>>>>> Penner IMO with the same contract.

UFancyHuh 02-22-2009 11:25 AM

umm no thank you

i actually want blake more than penner

bzer 02-22-2009 11:27 AM

There's a sucker GM born every minute who will take on Blake's contract.
I think Burkie will get a good offer for Blake and ship him out ASAP.

sgupca 02-22-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzer (Post 18096929)
There's a sucker GM born every minute who will take on Blake's contract.
I think Burkie will get a good offer for Blake and ship him out ASAP.

I think we'd be lucky to get a 2nd or a decent prospect if we are lucky.

But i'll agree,,,i think some GM might bite and take a chance on Blake.

Martin in Florida is pretty bad, I could see us sending him there for a pick (maybe)

s7ark 02-22-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgupca (Post 18096847)
No to Penner,,,NO No no no no no.....

slow, lazy, can't play without your two big guns.

Blake has put up a very productive season while playing 3rd line minutes with Moore.

Blake >>>>>>> Penner IMO with the same contract.

Well you are welcome to your opinion, as mistaken as it is. I'd bet you would be hard pressed to find 10 Oil fans that would trade Penner straight up for Blake, much less add to it from our side. Penner is good for 20+ goals and is a great big body presence in front of the net on the PP.

Blake is a small, old, lockerroom cancer who's contract is as bad if not worse then Penner's. But hey, if you think Blake and his contract are better then Penner's you should hold onto him. After all, aren't you leaf fans telling us he's playing so well this year? So why do you want to trade him?