HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Col-phi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=611162)

martin27 02-22-2009 01:15 PM

Col-phi

Phi-
Budaj
Svatos
Clark

Col-
Niittymaki
Jones
Upshall
Nodl

NOTENOUGHBREWER 02-22-2009 01:18 PM

How about Avs keep Svatos

Philly keeps everything but Nodl

itstheroc87 02-22-2009 01:18 PM

why would philly do this?!?

martin27 02-22-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itstheroc87 (Post 18099927)
why would philly do this?!?

What sort of helpful reply is this?!?!?!

SnS 02-22-2009 01:26 PM

Budaj is a downgrade from both of our Goalies.

Upshall brings a physical element to the table forward wise, and if we dealt him we would only have Hartnell providing that. Lupul has gotten terribly soft.

I don't know much about Clark, but I would hope he isn't as bad as Jones if that were a possible deal.

I'd still hate to really swap Budaj and Niitty as well as lose our enegerizer bunny [Upshall]

mercury 02-22-2009 01:27 PM

Not interested from Philly's perspective.

Moses Doughty 02-22-2009 01:28 PM

Holmgren wouldnt hesitate to hang up the phone. They lose one of their 2 physical, skilled forwards, downgrade at goal, and they really have no need for Svatos. As a neutral fan, Philly passes.

Mike Richards 18 02-22-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin27 (Post 18099996)
What sort of helpful reply is this?!?!?!

him and I both want you to explain why philly does this and how it improves us??

18Mike18 02-22-2009 02:04 PM

avs dont do it

RJ8812 02-22-2009 02:43 PM

Flyers dont want Budaj

BrindamoursNose 02-22-2009 03:03 PM

Budaj sucks, Clark doesn't help anything, and Svatos would just be adding another winger.

Bad bad bad bad trade

detrude 02-22-2009 06:00 PM

This is basically lateral swaps. I'd imagine Philly would want something to help them win now, while the Avs would want assets to help them rebuild. Doesn't really make sense for either team.

Mike Richards 18 02-22-2009 06:05 PM

Just doesnt work between these two teams.

PeterTheGreat 02-22-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 (Post 18105166)
Just doesnt work between these two teams.

I agree. Whole lot of swapping mediocre/junk pieces for no reason. The only players of decent value there are Upshall and Svatos.

Cartered 02-22-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detrude (Post 18105067)
This is basically lateral swaps. I'd imagine Philly would want something to help them win now, while the Avs would want assets to help them rebuild. Doesn't really make sense for either team.

This isn't lateral swaps. Budaj is terrible, Clark is at best equal to or slightly better than Jones, and Upshall brings more to the Flyers than Svatos would. Throwing Nodl in there for nothing is just the icing on the fail cake.

Cartered 02-22-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat (Post 18105199)
I agree. Whole lot of swapping mediocre/junk pieces for no reason. The only players of decent value there are Upshall and Svatos.

Junk on the part of Colorado, but three out of the four players on the Flyers' side are good or at least serviceable. Niittymaki has been far better than Biron this season, and both of them are better than Budaj. Nodl is also one of the better prospects in the Flyers' system, and he'd be one of the Avs' best prospects if this trade happened.

PeterTheGreat 02-22-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbphilly (Post 18105271)
Junk on the part of Colorado, but three out of the four players on the Flyers' side are good or at least serviceable. Niittymaki has been far better than Biron this season, and both of them are better than Budaj. Nodl is also one of the better prospects in the Flyers' system, and he'd be one of the Avs' best prospects if this trade happened.

No, he wouldn't.

The way I see it

Svatos>Upshall
Clark>Jones
Budaj<Niitymaaki

Nodl is there to "even it up". It's an all around bad proposal that doesn't help either team.

detrude 02-22-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbphilly (Post 18105234)
This isn't lateral swaps. Budaj is terrible, Clark is at best equal to or slightly better than Jones, and Upshall brings more to the Flyers than Svatos would. Throwing Nodl in there for nothing is just the icing on the fail cake.

Niittymaki is terrible as well. If we want to really argue which ****** goalie is better, he wins but what does it really matter when neither is good as a starter? Clark, for as much as Avs fans hate him, IS better than Jones. But it really doesn't make sense from a Flyers POV to move him because the upgrade isn't significant enough to push them over the top. Upshall brings more to the Flyers but he'd be lucky to be a top 6 in Colorado. He's cheaper than Svatos (barely) but he's overrated to hell and not as good a scorer as Svatos (which Philly DOESN'T need). Nodl is a solid prospect, and the only interesting piece from an Avs POV, but to say he'd be the best prospect in our system is ignorant.

Cartered 02-22-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detrude (Post 18105642)
Niittymaki is terrible as well. If we want to really argue which ****** goalie is better, he wins but what does it really matter when neither is good as a starter? Clark, for as much as Avs fans hate him, IS better than Jones. But it really doesn't make sense from a Flyers POV to move him because the upgrade isn't significant enough to push them over the top. Upshall brings more to the Flyers but he'd be lucky to be a top 6 in Colorado. He's cheaper than Svatos (barely) but he's overrated to hell and not as good a scorer as Svatos (which Philly DOESN'T need). Nodl is a solid prospect, and the only interesting piece from an Avs POV, but to say he'd be the best prospect in our system is ignorant.

Reading is fun.

I didn't say he'd be the best, I said he'd be one of the best. The only forward in the Avs' system who is better than Nodl at the moment is Chris Stewart. Unless you and PeterTheGreat think Galiardi and Stoa are better, in which case we can agree to disagree.

Niittymaki is 13-5-4 this season, while Biron is 18-12-5 and Budaj is 16-23-1. Niittymaki is better than Biron, and they're both better than Budaj. Niittymaki isn't terrible; he's pretty much become the starting goalie in Philadelphia with the ****** play of Biron. Don't pretend that you wouldn't take Niittymaki over Budaj in a heartbeat.

detrude 02-22-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbphilly (Post 18106356)
I didn't say he'd be the best, I said he'd be one of the best. The only forward in the Avs' system who is better than Nodl at the moment is Chris Stewart. Unless you and PeterTheGreat think Galiardi and Stoa are better, in which case we can agree to disagree.

If we're talking forward prospects he looks to be ahead of both of them. The guy has solid upside, which is why I said he'd be of interest, but he isn't anything I'd go ape over at this point. His upside looks to be second line winger, which is nothing to be ashamed of. He can definitely end up better, but also realize the Avs have a history of churning out these types of players seemingly out of nowhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbphilly (Post 18106356)
Niittymaki is 13-5-4 this season, while Biron is 18-12-5 and Budaj is 16-23-1. Niittymaki is better than Biron, and they're both better than Budaj. Niittymaki isn't terrible; he's pretty much become the starting goalie in Philadelphia with the ****** play of Biron. Don't pretend that you wouldn't take Niittymaki over Budaj in a heartbeat.

It's nice Niittymaki is having a good season, but what has he ever proven over his career to show this is anything but a streak? As a 20ish game backup he had good numbers last year, but when he was played as a starter the year(s) before that he sucked awful. He isn't a long-term answer for us, period. He'd probably play better than Budaj, but with Budaj in net we're pretty much assured a top 10 pick.

Cartered 02-22-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detrude (Post 18106645)
If we're talking forward prospects he looks to be ahead of both of them. The guy has solid upside, which is why I said he'd be of interest, but he isn't anything I'd go ape over at this point. His upside looks to be second line winger, which is nothing to be ashamed of. He can definitely end up better, but also realize the Avs have a history of churning out these types of players seemingly out of nowhere.

It's nice Niittymaki is having a good season, but what has he ever proven over his career to show this is anything but a streak? As a 20ish game backup he had good numbers last year, but when he was played as a starter the year(s) before that he sucked awful. He isn't a long-term answer for us, period. He'd probably play better than Budaj, but with Budaj in net we're pretty much assured a top 10 pick.

Then keep Budaj then. Christ. My point was that Niittymaki is better/worth more than Budaj, and you seem to agree, so fine.

Bubba Thudd 02-22-2009 07:17 PM

Niitty is better than Budaj, and the Avs need a better goalie -- better than both Budaj AND Niitty.

detrude 02-22-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbphilly (Post 18106736)
Then keep Budaj then. Christ. My point was that Niittymaki is better/worth more than Budaj, and you seem to agree, so fine.

I agreed in my first post, though I said the difference is/would be marginal (from an Avs POV).

pcgflyers12* 02-22-2009 07:33 PM

hey, how bout NO!!!!!!!!!!

GKJ 02-22-2009 08:41 PM

I'd rather keep Jones, Upshall, Niittymaki and Nodl over the junk being offered by the Avalanche in this trade. Budaj stinks. Svatos is overrated. Clark blows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by detrude (Post 18106645)
He'd probably play better than Budaj, but with Budaj in net we're pretty much assured a top 10 pick.

Wouldn't be so sure that's a bad thing for Colorado.