HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Flames - Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=612393)

Deal Sealer 02-25-2009 12:29 PM

Flames - Leafs

Calgary is looking for a puckmoving defenseman/2nd line centre.
They have 5 uuntouchables according to Jermaine Franklin on TSN, who got this from the Calgary front office.
Not looking for Rental players. (key)

Tomas Kaberle

for

Matthew Lombardi + Backlund/Nemisz + 2009 1st Round Pick

I think Burke gets his value, in a youung roster player, young top prospect, and first round pick. The only thing is Kaberle is said to only have waived his NTC to go to an Eastern Team. I would like to see what others think of this in terms of value though. Please read before making stupid Kaberle won't go out west comments because I've indicated I'm aware of that.

Biggzy* 02-25-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAFutureNHLGM (Post 18160259)
They have 5 uuntouchables according to Jermaine Franklin on TSN, who got this from the Calgary front office.

Tomas Kaberle

for

I think Burke gets his value, in a youung roster player, young top prospect, and first round pick. The only thing is Kaberle is said to only have waived his NTC to go to an Eastern Team. I would like to see what others think of this in terms of value though. Please read before making stupid Kaberle won't go out west comments because I've indicated I'm aware of that.

Good luck with that.

Pitt21 02-25-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Tomas Kaberle

for

It looks good from a Leaf perspective, but I don't see Cal trading Backlund. IMO

Cappo40* 02-25-2009 12:32 PM

TOR won't get Backlund (According to Flames fans on HF), so it will likely be Nemisz if it happens..

I think its close..

DownInFlames 02-25-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Tomas Kaberle

for

Not a snowballs chance in hell. Kaberle is good but he isn't worth that package. That is a signed Jay Bo package.

Backlund will not be traded at all. I can't see Neimsz going anywhere either. You are looking at a Lombo, Aulie and 1st package and its still a maybe.

Ace88* 02-25-2009 12:35 PM

Meh im not really interested in anything Calgary has to offer there are much better options available. I dont think many other Leaf supporters are interested in Calgary's players, either.

andy* 02-25-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Tomas Kaberle

for

I would rather see Calgary go after Jay Bo, they will have to add more but it may just be worth it. Tomas Kaberle is overrated, if he played for any other team, his value would not be this high.

DougGilmour93 02-25-2009 12:38 PM

I believe Sutter stated he wanted to keep his roster in tact so I assume only propsects and picks are available. (but can he do that? do they have the cap space?)

I propose...

1st in 09
Backlund
Giordano (injured, not on roster)

for

Kaberle

than...

1st in 2010

for

Antropov

so....

Antropov, Kaberle

for

Backlund, Giordano, 1st in 09, 1st in 2010

Deal Sealer 02-25-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamesOwnYou (Post 18160328)
Not a snowballs chance in hell. Kaberle is good but he isn't worth that package. That is a signed Jay Bo package.

Backlund will not be traded at all. I can't see Neimsz going anywhere either. You are looking at a Lombo, Aulie and 1st package and its still a maybe.

Not a chance for a signed Jay Bo. Your looking at a top pairing defensman in Jay for minimally 2 proven nhl prospects (with top 4 d potential or top 6 forward potential) and 2 first round picks. You want to know why. Because Jay is 25 and already a top pairing defenseman. The value im my original post is the value for rental Jaybo and a signed Kaberle IMO

Pure 02-25-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace88 (Post 18160388)
Meh im not really interested in anything Calgary has to offer there are much better options available. I dont think many other Leaf supporters are interested in Calgary's players, either.

Good for you, I think the flames are pretty happy with their level of play right now.

andy* 02-25-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAFutureNHLGM (Post 18160444)
Not a chance for a signed Jay Bo. Your looking at a top pairing defensman in Jay for minimally 2 proven nhl prospects (with top 4 d potential or top 6 forward potential) and 2 first round picks. You want to know why. Because Jay is 25 and already a top pairing defenseman. The value im my original post is the value for rental Jaybo and a signed Kaberle IMO

That is why Sutter won't go for any of those players.

Ace88* 02-25-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure (Post 18160481)
Good for you, I think the flames are pretty happy with their level of play right now.

not saying there's a problem at the Saddle but the type of players you guys have aren't the type of players we're looking for, Calgary and Toronto just aren't good trade partners.

Pure 02-25-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace88 (Post 18160515)
not saying there's a problem at the Saddle but the type of players you guys have aren't the type of players we're looking for, Calgary and Toronto just aren't good trade partners.

I'm not a flames fan (good god, I live in edmonton lol), but I know Sutter isn't going to make those type of trades. They'll probably try to get a rental player and keep their roster as it is.

embracedbias 02-25-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 18160390)
I would rather see Calgary go after Jay Bo, they will have to add more but it may just be worth it. Tomas Kaberle is overrated, if he played for any other team, his value would not be this low.

I think this is what you meant...

:laugh:

The Naz 02-25-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamesOwnYou (Post 18160328)

i find it funny that the sticker for you in this trade is a prospect and not your lightning speed center thats on your roster. IN THE NHL! :laugh: once again, way to much stock in a prospect.

TheJudge 02-25-2009 01:02 PM

I'm honestly confused why so many flames fans want to trade Lombardi. I think it may be because he hasn't turned into the first line dynamo some were expecting. He's one of Calgary's best penalty killers, and manages to chip in offensively as well. Personally I'd rather keep him - he fits the role of second or third line center perfectly for me.

OMGaudreau 02-25-2009 01:02 PM

what would Leafs fans want for Ian White from Calgary?

OMGaudreau 02-25-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJudge (Post 18160931)
I'm honestly confused why so many flames fans want to trade Lombardi. I think it may be because he hasn't turned into the first line dynamo some were expecting. He's one of Calgary's best penalty killers, and manages to chip in offensively as well. Personally I'd rather keep him - he fits the role of second or third line center perfectly for me.

I dont WANT to trade Lombardi, but you have to give to get!

mcphllp 02-25-2009 01:06 PM

Kaberles list only includes eastern teams, so this wont work.

The Naz 02-25-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dion#3 (Post 18160934)
what would Leafs fans want for Ian White from Calgary?

i dont know if you'd get fair value. he's a young guy who is playing better every game. might be worth it to keep him and see what happens. worst case hes a 5-6 guy who can work your powerplay and plays a bit tough for a little guy.

Phaneufenstein 02-25-2009 01:09 PM

2nd intermission of the PPV game vs. CBJ last night Sutter clearly said that he's not trading anyone on the team, which means only picks are available.
And he won't trade those unless "something falls out of the sky"

those statements are trust-worthy IMO

OMGaudreau 02-25-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaneufenstein (Post 18161061)
2nd intermission of the PPV game vs. CBJ last night Sutter clearly said that he's not trading anyone on the team, which means only picks are available.
And he won't trade those unless "something falls out of the sky"

I those statements are trust-worthy IMO

that's just typical banter by a GM at this time. He cant start listing players names he wants to move or would be willing to move.

The Naz 02-25-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dion#3 (Post 18161111)
that's just typical banter by a GM at this time. He cant start listing players names he wants to move or would be willing to move.

i agree. its the same thing with burke talking down all the trades he may want to make.

DownInFlames 02-25-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awright1393 (Post 18160796)
i find it funny that the sticker for you in this trade is a prospect and not your lightning speed center thats on your roster. IN THE NHL! :laugh: once again, way to much stock in a prospect.

I am fine with trading Lombardi. Thats okay by me as we have other people capable of stepping up into his role. However trading what looks to be a blue chip prospect for an overhyped Kaberle is not condusive to success. Kaberle would be nice and all but if thats what Burke is asking there is no chance that this happens. The Flames would rather go and get a Derek Morris or Dan Hamhius (Both of whom have a smaller price tag and would take less to obtain) over Kaberle (who has been a miserable mess this year).

daethfromabove1979 02-25-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphllp (Post 18161000)
Kaberles list only includes eastern teams, so this wont work.

at least one person noticed.. i'd say both teams would do this deal though