HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Semi-OT: Draft Packages (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=612694)

worstfaceoffmanever 02-26-2009 02:27 AM

Semi-OT: Draft Packages

Last year, I put together some draft packages for a handful of Preds fans. It was pretty rudimentary stuff, but I thought the concept was good, so I'm making a second edition for the 2009 Entry Draft.

If you're interested, PM me with a working e-mail address and I'll send you some basic info.

worstfaceoffmanever 02-26-2009 01:56 PM

I've already got as many orders today as I had all of last year.

Keep 'em coming!

And please remember - I need a working e-mail address to send you the preview information and, eventually, the package itself.

BigFatCat999 02-26-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 18184360)
I've already got as many orders today as I had all of last year.

Keep 'em coming!

And please remember - I need a working e-mail address to send you the preview information and, eventually, the package itself.

I got to ask, what is in these packages?

worstfaceoffmanever 02-26-2009 03:37 PM

Basically, I profile a lot of the top draft-eligible prospects (close to 100 this year, I think), give a brief mock-up of the draft (ceteris paribus, of course), and provide some analysis for each individual league/country as well as on the globalization of the game and how that affects the Entry Draft. If I can pull the info together, I'd like to do a piece on the KHL draft coming up in July, as well. I put this together mainly for the folks that don't know their Hedman from their Gronvaldt.

Oh, and it's completely free.

worstfaceoffmanever 02-28-2009 06:11 AM

Sweden now complete. Starting in on Finland, which feels like digging through cowpies trying to find diamonds.

Keep the orders coming!

worstfaceoffmanever 04-01-2009 03:44 AM

OHL skaters are now done.

Still taking orders if anyone is interested.

worstfaceoffmanever 05-22-2009 02:12 AM

Just thought I'd dig this up to let everyone know that the packages are STILL coming!

The going has been a bit slow lately, but there isn't a ton of work left to do. Eastern Europe and the WHL are almost done, and I've started on Quebec.

I'm scheduling a tentative ship date of June 5, 2009 (first Friday in June). That should give me enough time to finish everything. Also, due to a major scheduling conflict between myself and Mr. Medvedev and Mr. Fetisov, the KHL draft preview has for all intents and purposes been dropped. It's a fluid situation, though, so I may be able to get the info to write the piece, but it has been virtually impossible to find anything on the KHL's entry draft anywhere.

Still taking orders for the package. All of the orders that have been accumulated up to this point will be shipped out on the first day; for orders after that, I can't guarantee prompt delivery

Enoch 05-22-2009 07:36 AM

Can't wait WOF ;)! Schroeder or bust!!!!!!!!

barrytrotzsneck 05-22-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 19651606)

If "bust" is Scott Glennie, I'm A-OK with that.

BigFatCat999 05-22-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 19651606)

If it's Schroeder or the field, I'm betting field.

brah 05-22-2009 02:09 PM

bburton86 at yahoo dot com

doakacola* 05-24-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bburton86 (Post 19654688)
bburton86 at yahoo dot com

Hey Nashville, Boston fan here. how about Wideman/Kobasew for your #1 & #2.

barrytrotzsneck 05-24-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doakacola (Post 19677507)

Absolutely not. We don't need Wideman and I think there's an opportunity to get a very, very good player with our first...but I might offer one of our seconds for Kobasew.

worstfaceoffmanever 05-24-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doakacola (Post 19677507)

Pass. Wideman would be a great asset, but we need an impact offensive player, even if it's in the long term, and we've got a good shot at that with that 1st round pick.

I'd trade our 2nd for Kobasew, though.

On topic, I finally found scouting rankings for the KHL's Entry Draft, so I may get to write this piece after all.

Now where is that thumb drive...

worstfaceoffmanever 06-05-2009 11:02 AM

I'm writing the foreword as we speak, so...

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...arningsign.jpg

BigFatCat999 06-05-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 19805954)
I'm writing the foreword as we speak, so...

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...arningsign.jpg

Nice to see you have such a high value to your work. At least we get 3 weeks to review them. :)

worstfaceoffmanever 06-05-2009 09:06 PM

Everything has now been sent out. Give it some time to show up in your inbox - the profile documents are pretty large, and wouldn't compress well, so I had to send them through a series of separate e-mails: you should receive five in total.

Gnashville 06-05-2009 09:12 PM

Just got mine WOW tons of info this year A++

BTW now that I have everyones email address I can commence operation Rule the World (insert evil grin here) HA HA HA

Dave is a killer 06-05-2009 09:43 PM

Great Job WFOME

worstfaceoffmanever 06-15-2009 06:50 PM

The packages will be archived on June 19, which means I'll no longer be taking new orders. If anyone out there still wants one of these (or for some reason hasn't received theirs) please PM me by 5:00 PM CST on Friday.

I'm putting together my 2010 scouting lists for the fall together over the summer. If anyone has any suggestions other than the obvious ones, please let me know and I'll do my best to put them in the packages next year.