HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Washington - Toronto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=613027)

brandonf 02-26-2009 06:41 PM

Washington - Toronto

To Toronto
2nd Rd Pick
John Carlson

To Washington
5th Round Pick
Nik Antropov

Nik is not worth a 1st and a good prospect. Carlson could eventually replace Kaberle but he has a much better shot.

Biggzy* 02-26-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonf (Post 18191702)
To Toronto
2nd Rd Pick
John Carlson

To Washington
5th Round Pick
Nik Antropov

Nik is not worth a 1st and a good prospect. Carlson could eventually replace Kaberle but he has a much better shot.

I don't see that happening. But we'll see what Caps fans have to say.

backs4mvp 02-26-2009 06:47 PM

That would be highway robbery for the leafs.

Bouchard
2nd

Antropov
4th

That is what I'd be willing to give up for Antropov if caps had more then enough cap space.

Antropov is not worth a 1st and a good prospect.

LeafsGetTavares* 02-26-2009 06:48 PM

Why would we trade a 5th? Leafs aren't paying draft picks

AlMo 02-26-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

To Toronto
2nd Rd Pick
John Carlson

To Washington
5th Round Pick
Nik Antropov

Where do I sign? I would love to have Carlson in the Leafs organization.

Langway 02-26-2009 06:49 PM

I hereby call for a halt of all Toronto - Washington proposals. All in favor?

third man in 02-26-2009 06:49 PM

No just no. A lot of Caps fans don't want to trade Carlson for Pronger a huge need, let alone for Antropov. I wouldn't trade them straight up.

EroCaps 02-26-2009 06:49 PM

Dreadful.

What makes this particularly funny is that you don't think Carlson is enough to land Antropov; that the Caps need to upgrade the Leaf's pick.

AlMo 02-26-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafsGetTavares (Post 18191876)
Why would we trade a 5th? Leafs aren't paying draft picks

Because you are getting a very good prospect and a 2nd rd pick. I highly doubt the Caps deal Carlson for someone like Antropov.

Marshall 02-26-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langway (Post 18191898)

Aye.

capsrule26 02-26-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

I second it, dumb just dumb.

Kessel>Seguin + 02-26-2009 07:24 PM

Value is there but there is no point proposing deals to Washigton fans as they seem to think all their prospects are Wayne Greztzy if they play foward or Bobby Orr if they are defensmen.

I saw a proposal today where all the caps fan said they would not give up John Carlson and a 1st round pick for CHRIS PRONGER.

My message to cap fans: Enjoy a lifetime of watching a good team that can never get over the hump if you wont make trades to get the impact players that put you over the top.

Pronger instantly makes you the favorite to come out of the east IMO. Antropov not so much but if you want to add depth to your scoring and dont want to tinker with your line up then what do you offer? GM's dont give players away.

Quote:

To Toronto
2nd Rd Pick
John Carlson

To Washington
5th Round Pick
Nik Antropov

leafmon 02-26-2009 07:25 PM

I'd do it in a heartbeat ..........thought I doubt Washington will but if not this deal who knows cause they haven't been in a position to buy in quite some time.
Carlson's having a real good year in the O and for sure his stock has only increased since he was drafted.......but hey the same is easily true of Tangradi

txpd 02-26-2009 07:29 PM

Good Lord. Stop

Foy 02-26-2009 07:49 PM

Antropov on the Capitals right now would be getting 3rd line minutes most nights, and a healthy scratch others.

That's not saying he's a bad player per say, that's saying there is literally no room for him on the forward ranks.
That's the first reason this doesn't work.

The second reason is that there isn't any cap space for him right now.

The third is that the Capitals are at the 50 contract limit, so a player playing professionally right now has to go back the other way.

The fourth reason it doesn't work is that the Capitals get FLEECED in this trade. No way we're giving up Carlson for a guy to play on our third line.

I agree with the no more Caps-Toronto trade proposals. We know everyone loves our prospect pool, but Toronto doesn't have a ton that we're looking for right now.

capsrule26 02-26-2009 07:52 PM

We don't need scoring depth, we need a vet. defensmen which none off the trade proposals leaf fans put forward offer. We don't need anything TO has to offer so just forget it and try drafting your own prospects and stop dreaming about getting other teams in pipe dream proposals.

Ridley Simon 02-26-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juice1815 (Post 18193079)
Value is there but there is no point proposing deals to Washigton fans as they seem to think all their prospects are Wayne Greztzy if they play foward or Bobby Orr if they are defensmen.

I saw a proposal today where all the caps fan said they would not give up John Carlson and a 1st round pick for CHRIS PRONGER.

My message to cap fans: Enjoy a lifetime of watching a good team that can never get over the hump if you wont make trades to get the impact players that put you over the top.

Pronger instantly makes you the favorite to come out of the east IMO. Antropov not so much but if you want to add depth to your scoring and dont want to tinker with your line up then what do you offer? GM's dont give players away.

As a Caps fan, I agree with you. We should absolutely trade Carlson for Pronger. Carlson + whatever it takes.

However, I would NEVER trade Carlson for Antropov. Good lord, that's one sided.

Why don't you trade us Schenn for Brooks Laich and Tomas Fleishmann?

0V3CHKiN 02-26-2009 08:45 PM

At least make a proposal involving Kaberle or Kubina instead of another forward (which the Caps don't need).

Kessel>Seguin + 02-26-2009 09:32 PM

First of all, lets get serious here. Carlson is not quite a Schenn. and Laich and Fleishman are no where near Antropov. Making your attempt at sarcasm terrible.

Secondly in my original quote i even said Antropov does not put the Caps over the top so no point trading a prospect.

Fact is though the value is there in this trade, it makes no sense for the caps but the if Antrpov gets traded i will guarentee it is at least for a teams 4th best prospect (Carlson) and a second round pick.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridley Simon (Post 18194345)
As a Caps fan, I agree with you. We should absolutely trade Carlson for Pronger. Carlson + whatever it takes.

However, I would NEVER trade Carlson for Antropov. Good lord, that's one sided.

Why don't you trade us Schenn for Brooks Laich and Tomas Fleishmann?

embracedbias 02-26-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foy (Post 18194069)
Antropov on the Capitals right now would be getting 3rd line minutes most nights, and a healthy scratch others.

That's not saying he's a bad player per say, that's saying there is literally no room for him on the forward ranks.
That's the first reason this doesn't work.

The second reason is that there isn't any cap space for him right now.

The third is that the Capitals are at the 50 contract limit, so a player playing professionally right now has to go back the other way.

The fourth reason it doesn't work is that the Capitals get FLEECED in this trade. No way we're giving up Carlson for a guy to play on our third line.

I agree with the no more Caps-Toronto trade proposals. We know everyone loves our prospect pool, but Toronto doesn't have a ton that we're looking for right now.

Not saying that the trade is good, but Antropov would be getting 2nd line minutes on the Caps. Antropov > Laich, Fleschmann, Kozlov, Nylander, Fedorov. He has 9 more points this season than Laich, 14 more than Fleschmann and Kozlov, etc.

Edit: and he definitely would NOT be a healthy scratch. I really don't know why you'd think that.

T_Cage 02-26-2009 10:11 PM

forget the pick upgrade. Carlson for Ant works great for me. Although Wash may want a dman instead? (seems they arent that bad off at forward, but i dont really follo them much outside of Ovie)

bigeasy 02-26-2009 11:41 PM

Antropov is great in 7 season he has managed more then 20 goals twice and this season he will go over 45 points for an amazing 3rd time

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 02-26-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

I

:nod:

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 02-26-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by embracedbias (Post 18199493)
Not saying that the trade is good, but Antropov would be getting 2nd line minutes on the Caps. Antropov > Laich, Fleschmann, Kozlov, Nylander, Fedorov. He has 9 more points this season than Laich, 14 more than Fleschmann and Kozlov, etc.

Edit: and he definitely would NOT be a healthy scratch. I really don't know why you'd think that.

You do realize that Laich is 4 years younger than Antropov, better defensively, and Antropov has only 1 more 20 goal season than Laich?

I take Laich every time over Antropov.

CapitalsCupFantasy 02-27-2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juice1815 (Post 18193079)

When you learn to spell, your poor attempts at humor might be better recieved.

As for the proposal. Carlson isn't going anywhere for anything less than a top line RW or a #1 defender. And yes...a few Caps fans don't want to give up Carlson, even for Pronger. The more rational ones understand that Carlson would probably be gone in a Pronger deal.