HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   News Article: Post #234 -- Briere will not play March 7; day-to-day thereafter -- Nodl called up (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=613300)

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-27-2009 10:57 AM

Post #234 -- Briere will not play March 7; day-to-day thereafter -- Nodl called up
 
EDITED:

Per Tim P.

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet...169&feedID=695
Quote:


The decision to activate Flyers forward Danny Briere off long-term injury for Friday nightís game against Montreal was delayed... again.

Coach John Stevens confirmed Friday afternoon that the oft-injured Flyer will not play Friday. In his place, the team called up Jared Ross from the Phantoms.

In holding Briere back, the Flyers solved a problem in regard to cap money and player availability.

Kimmo Timonen came off the ice and announced he is still suffering from the flu and canít play. The Flyers were not expecting that.

With the waiving of defenseman Ossi Vaananen, along with forward Glen Metropolit, the Flyers are now down to five d-men unless Lasse Kukkonen plays.

But in order for Briere to be activated, Kukkonen would have to be waived to get the Flyers under the $56.7 million salary cap.

shamski7 02-27-2009 10:59 AM

ughhh come on get better kimmo. mustve been a nasty flu bug he got.

Ryanoceros 02-27-2009 11:01 AM

Rat Farts!

claude boivin lives 02-27-2009 11:02 AM

Can't Ossi play tonight if he didn't get claimed. I'm suggesting that Ossi would play and Briere wouldn't....but that article suggests that Kukkonen would have to be the one to play.

?

ForsbergIsOdin 02-27-2009 11:03 AM

So we waive Ossi and Briere might even play?

We have FIVE dmen.

WHAT THE ****!?




Also, have we found if Metro and Ossi were claimed/when do we find out?

Opus 02-27-2009 11:03 AM

Briere won't play, I'd be shocked if he did.

That being said, this 'flu' is really kicking Kimmo's ass.

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-27-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claude boivin lives (Post 18207693)
Can't Ossi play tonight if he didn't get claimed. I'm suggesting that Ossi would play and Briere wouldn't....but that article suggests that Kukkonen would have to be the one to play.

?

Reading between the lines, it seems like Homer senses that Ossi is gone.

tytech 02-27-2009 11:06 AM

Go with 5 d and get Briere in the lineup.
It would be a good test for Carle and Cockburn with all this trade talk.

shamski7 02-27-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tytech (Post 18207755)
Go with 5 d and get Briere in the lineup.
It would be a good test for Carle and Cockburn with all this trade talk.

...thats a terrible idea

IrishSniper87 02-27-2009 11:10 AM

The Oil would be STUPID not to claim Vaananen.

claude boivin lives 02-27-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles (Post 18207748)
Reading between the lines, it seems like Homer senses that Ossi is gone.

Woops, I see. At first, I just read the blurb you posted, but now I just read the full article and saw Homer's comments about expecting multiple claims on Ossi.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if there were multiple claims. Although, we don't know yet for sure. I think we should know soon, however...I think that the 24 hour waiver period is always 12 noon to 12 noon the next day. I could be wrong, but I believe I read that in the CBA yesterday.

EDIT: I see you posted in the other thread that the deadline was 11:00 AM, MSE. Perhaps what I read was Central time, or perhaps I just had it wrong altogether, haha.

Double edit: Lol, nevermind...that wouldn't make sense either, 11 EST would be 10 Central. Time to start thinking before I post. :laugh:

dbr2 02-27-2009 11:12 AM

I don't think Briere will play. Just heard on Sportsrise if, Briere does play they might have to put Kukks back on the Phantoms for cap room.

wo! 5 dmen!

Rscorpio 02-27-2009 11:13 AM

what a mess

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-27-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claude boivin lives (Post 18207821)
Woops, I see. At first, I just read the blurb you posted, but now I just read the full article and saw Homer's comments about expecting multiple claims on Ossi.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if there were multiple claims. Although, we don't know yet for sure. I think we should know soon, however...I think that the 24 hour waiver period is always 12 noon to 12 noon the next day. I could be wrong, but I believe I read that in the CBA yesterday.

EDIT: I see you posted in the other thread that the deadline was 11:00 AM, MSE. Perhaps what I read was Central time, or perhaps I just had it wrong altogether, haha.

I'm not 100% sure about the deadline, just what I saw in a couple of articles.

chaosof99* 02-27-2009 11:15 AM

It would be a headscratcher if we really only dressed 5 Defensemen tonight. Phantoms have a home game tonight so a call-up could easily be reached.

I'm really starting to wonder if flu shots are really that hard to come by in america.

riskyxxbusiness 02-27-2009 11:18 AM

ok guys i know Ek rumors get the shaft around here, but he just put at an E5 that Ossi was taken by Vancouver, and...wait for it...

...Metropolit taken by the Canadiens.

If these are true, this should prove an interesting match tonight.

dbr2 02-27-2009 11:22 AM

Any ideas who we could call up from the Phantoms? I'm not to date with the Phantoms...

ForsbergIsOdin 02-27-2009 11:22 AM

No Briere tonight

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...onight/1/19662

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-27-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riskyxxbusiness (Post 18207949)
ok guys i know Ek rumors get the shaft around here, but he just put at an E5 that Ossi was taken by Vancouver, and...wait for it...

...Metropolit taken by the Canadiens.

If these are true, this should prove an interesting match tonight.

His "e5" listings are generally correct. The other stuff is a different matter.

IrishSniper87 02-27-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles (Post 18208059)
His "e5" listings are generally stolen from a reputable website like TSN. The other stuff is BS to get hits on his site.

fixed

Opus 02-27-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin (Post 18208055)

Not surprised in the least. I'm not even confident he'll be back this season, I'll believe it when I see it.

chaosof99* 02-27-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbr2 (Post 18208042)
Any ideas who we could call up from the Phantoms? I'm not to date with the Phantoms...

Kukkonen

turkinaa 02-27-2009 11:32 AM

Not surprised Briere isn't going to play, cap or health issues.

dbr2 02-27-2009 11:43 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This issss ****ing stupiddddddddddddddd.

Sing it with me everyone!

sa cyred 02-27-2009 11:46 AM

So.. in the end.. nothing happened except we got rid of two players for no reason at all for a Briere who yet again isnt coming back. Woo go Jones for 1st pairing again :shakehead


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.