HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Stanley Cup Strategy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=61332)

I Am Ziggy Palffy 03-12-2004 12:31 AM

Stanley Cup Strategy

SJ and VAN are now 3rd and 4th...with sturm and bertuzzi out now, if the kings can make the 5th or 6th seed, they should advance...and i dont think that will be too hard for thje kings to do....i know i know, "lets make the playoffs first"...but if we make the 2nd round, who knows, allison may come back...maybe palffy....lubo should be back...we can make a push make our own run for the cup THIS YEAR!

Mindcircus 03-12-2004 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
SJ and VAN are now 3rd and 4th...with sturm and bertuzzi out now, if the kings can make the 5th or 6th seed, they should advance...and i dont think that will be too hard for thje kings to do....i know i know, "lets make the playoffs first"...but if we make the 2nd round, who knows, allison may come back...maybe palffy....lubo should be back...we can make a push make our own run for the cup THIS YEAR!

I really hope Deader comes back, if not this year then next. I'd love to see him play again. He's a King favorite in everyones mind. I think if we got everyone back at that point, excluding Allison and Deadmarsh, we could definately make a lot of noise.

Legionnaire 03-12-2004 01:20 AM

Quote:

I'm sure we can make a run, but the playoffs are all about goaltending, and I don't know if ours is good enough to go deep.

I would really love to see Chechmanek shed his "Chokemanic" moniker though. However, I don't think that is ever going to happen. Not because he won't play well, but more because those who hate him will always blame the loss on him no matter what. :mad:

Another important aspect is special teams. With Miller back, our PK should be fine, but if our PP doesn't start clicking at a higher clip, then we are sunk.

Kingz4life 03-12-2004 02:28 AM

Quote:

I'm not holding out hope for Allison or Deader to come back, because thats what got us in trouble last year. I think Palffy might be back at that time, but again if it happens great if it doesnt o' well. These guys have worked to hard not to make the playoffs. When people say I'll be happy just to make the playoffs I dont agree with that. If we make the playoffs we have to battle and if we come up short I wont be dissapointed, but when people say all I want to do is make the playoffs then you wont care if the team just gives up. I agree with your attitude, we have to continue playing for a higher seed than 7th or 8th. If we make the playoffs ( I believe we are) I am going to watch the games with the passion to see a win.