HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Burke or Esche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=61349)

Oilercreeper 03-12-2004 05:07 AM

Burke or Esche

I was just wondering... who is the starter.. Burke or Esche... or are they just splitting duties? seems like they are splitting the duties but Esche is playing the better of the two of them..

The Seeker 25 03-12-2004 07:15 AM

Esche is the #1. Burke is the insurance policy against any kind of Esche injury, and Esche's backup.

Flyers26 03-12-2004 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSeeker
Esche is the #1. Burke is the insurance policy against any kind of Esche injury, and Esche's backup.

Burke is the PUCKBOY!! I hope he gets splinters in his arse, from riding the pine!

Bob Clarke Fan Club 03-12-2004 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
Burke is the PUCKBOY!! I hope he gets splinters in his arse, from riding the pine!

You wanna close a thread for personal attacks on Therien...but we can insult our "current" back up goalie? Is thre something wrong with this picture? :dunno:

Winston Wolf 03-12-2004 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
You wanna close a thread for personal attacks on Therien...but we can insult our "current" back up goalie? Is thre something wrong with this picture? :dunno:

I think the thread you're talking about had personal attacks on GKJ, not Therien. I don't think anyone would care about personal attacks directed at Therien. :p

Bob Clarke Fan Club 03-14-2004 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers guy
I think the thread you're talking about had personal attacks on GKJ, not Therien. I don't think anyone would care about personal attacks directed at Therien. :p

OK..but I didn't really see those either...I was in total agreeance with GKJ and his stance on Therien...sorry :)

riiiiight....now I see them on page 2 of the thread...Sorry Flyers26 in hindsight that was a good post, they were riding him pretty good and I didn't see it.

MiamiScreamingEagles 03-14-2004 10:17 PM

The question was posed to Barry Melrose on ESPN2 and he said something to this effect: "They got Burke to lead them to the Promised Land. HE'S GOT PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE. The overall plan is to give Burke the job. If he struggles you can always go to Esche."

Darren Pang then disagreed somewhat, leaning towards Esche.

capn89* 03-14-2004 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles
The question was posed to Barry Melrose on ESPN2 and he said something to this effect: "They got Burke to lead them to the Promised Land. HE'S GOT PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE. The overall plan is to give Burke the job. If he struggles you can always go to Esche."

Darren Pang then disagreed somewhat, leaning towards Esche.

Barry Melrose: No talent coach who led a team powered by "The Great One" and is suddenly some hockey "know all" when in fact he's just a chump.

Darren Pang: A short piece of **** **** sucker who moans like a ***** in heat whenever any goalie makes a remotely decent save because he realizes he's more well known for being the guy who, moans like a ***** in heat during ESPN telecasts, rather than a former goaltender.

panayiotis 03-14-2004 10:53 PM

get serious!

Esche is clearly number one. Burke is way past his prime. Just look at his 902 sv%. That will not get it done boyzs.

Toonces 03-14-2004 11:01 PM

This subject has been beaten to death IMO.

Intrestingly enough, the Pittsburgh color guys said the same thing about Burke (They got him to lead them to the "Promised Land") today durring the game.

Oh well, what can you do? :dunno:

capn89* 03-14-2004 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonces
Oh well, what can you do? :dunno:

Crucify everyone who keeps saying it and bask in the joy of one-uping the hockey "brains" hahahahahahahahaha MWUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAA :joker:

Harry 03-14-2004 11:15 PM

Esche all the way. Not sure if Burke could make it thru too many rounds.

capn89* 03-14-2004 11:29 PM

Burke is so bad, he probably couldn't even beat his meat right now.

RoDu 03-14-2004 11:47 PM

who did we play against the Sens, Devils and Stars?
who did we play against the Pens?

The Flash 03-15-2004 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
Burke is so bad, he probably couldn't even beat his meat right now.

Trying to force a quote into a post to make it sound clever never works.

Epsilon 03-15-2004 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles

Since when is being a perrenial loser considered a positive?

anonymous* 03-15-2004 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
who did we play against the Sens, Devils and Stars?
who did we play against the Pens?

You'd think that would say it all? I'm not sure how Melrose sees Esche beat the Devils twice, Ottawa once and tie Dallas in a week and Burke lose to Washington and then tie the Pens and figures Burke must be the guy :joker:

Even if you take into account that the games Burke started were 2nd games of back to backs where the Flyers had big wins against quality opponents and let downs the next day, the players can't have a lot of confidence that he will bail them out in a big game.

I don't know if Burke could beat his meat, but Melrose seems willing to give it a tug :D

sinisalo 03-15-2004 08:31 AM

Burke hasn't won a playoff series since the late 1980's. I don't call that playoff experience, I call that playoff ineptitude.

capn89* 03-15-2004 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flash
Trying to force a quote into a post to make it sound clever never works.

A quote from...? :dunno:

Rails 03-15-2004 09:24 AM

I say fire Hitch and Clarke if they start Burke in the playoffs. ****, that would be the worst decision to date.

Teezax 03-15-2004 09:40 AM

Esche is our # 1 guy, who proved to me this week that he is the real deal in Philly.....now for the playoffs :dunno:

capn89* 03-15-2004 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
Esche is our # 1 guy, who proved to me this week that he is the real deal in Philly.....now for the playoffs :dunno:

I hear you on that... I'm beginning to believe in Esche now. Those games were real testers, and despite being hung out to dry, he won games... Burke gets hung out to dry and he gets lit up like a sieve.