HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   is this worth a penalty? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=614298)

pcgflyers12* 03-01-2009 03:08 PM

is this worth a penalty?

ok, yesterday at my game i got hit by a cheap shot. and i said a bad word. it happend to be the f-bomb. the ref gave me a 2 minuete game misconduct.(if forgot what he called it). my question to you is, is that worth 2 minuetes in the box? i myself dont think it is. and i know this sounds crybabyish, but the other team was dropin f-bombs left and right.

dutchcrunch14 03-01-2009 03:21 PM

refs discretion

qwertysac 03-01-2009 04:55 PM

what did you say exactly? Because theres a big difference between saying **** just as an exclamation and using it as an insult like "**** you". Especially if you insulted the ref.

i find it hard to believe he'd give you a penalty for just saying something like "pass the puck ****" or wtv lol. I get the impression your F-word was directed towards him which is why he might have given you a penalty?

Green13 03-01-2009 05:07 PM

If it was directed towards an official or player it can be given as an unsportsmanlike conduct. But just saying the f-word during the game as dissapointment towards something or a yelp from pain, is usually not called for anything... depending on the league ofcourse.

oilsands 03-01-2009 06:23 PM

You should have slashed the guy on his calf.

FLYLine24* 03-01-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcgflyers12 (Post 18261978)
ok, yesterday at my game i got hit by a cheap shot. and i said a bad word. it happend to be the f-bomb. the ref gave me a 2 minuete game misconduct.(if forgot what he called it). my question to you is, is that worth 2 minuetes in the box? i myself dont think it is. and i know this sounds crybabyish, but the other team was dropin f-bombs left and right.

Maybe the ref thought you directed it at him? If you said F--- because of the pain or whatever then that wouldnt be a penatly really. If your started cursing out the guy then yes he could give you a penalty.

pcgflyers12* 03-01-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcgflyers12 (Post 18261978)

sounds like a bad deal...personally i dont think that should be a penalty,,just because i cuss all the time haha

BadHammy* 03-01-2009 08:36 PM

In an adult league, I'm pretty confident a ref can't penalize you for saying to yourself "Oh f$@*". But if you direct it at someone else, yeah, that's something they can definitely do.

noobman 03-01-2009 08:39 PM

I've seen a guy get kicked out of the game for swearing at a referee, but never for just swearing in general or even at another player.

Some guy called me the N-word right in front of a referee one year (in MINOR HOCKEY no less) and he didn't get anything for it... but that probably has to do with the fact that I'm not actually black :laugh:

GuitarAwesome 03-01-2009 09:21 PM

I've given a 2min for a guy saying **** again and again and again, not at anyone in particular, he was just disrupting stuff. I've gotten alot of miscounducts for chirping as well, always directed at other players, i never chirp at the refs anymore since i got my stripes :P

Stripes 03-01-2009 10:40 PM

My criteria for Unsportsmanlike Conduct for swearing...

- Directed at me or another on-ice or off-ice official, especially when you're showing disrespect for a call or non-call.

- Directed at a member of the opposing team in a threatening/intimidating manner.

- Loud enough for people in the stands to hear it.

- How old the players are. IE: Obviously adult hockey is going to be dealt with much differently than lower age groups of minor hockey.

greech 03-01-2009 10:40 PM

Worth a penalty? Yeah. It says in the rulebook you can get called for it, so why shouldn't you get called for it? That's the way it works, bud.

iamjs 03-02-2009 08:24 AM

I say it depends on the league. I've been in a league where everybody knows everybody and nothing is held back, f bombs included.

However, I've also been in a league in the same area that tossed a guy for saying "you gotta be f-ing kidding me" after he missed a wide open net. Not directed at anybody but himself.

adaminnj 03-02-2009 12:00 PM

**** no that ****ing reff is a steaming pile of ****
did you kick the **** out of the reff in the parking lot?

LOL I just used the asterisk instead of writing the swear words

I think you erked the reff before he called you for your potty mouth.

pcgflyers12* 03-02-2009 08:27 PM

i said what the ****. and it was out of pain and i was mad at the cheapshot.