HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Has anyone else noticed.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=61498)

Laches 03-12-2004 04:03 PM

Has anyone else noticed....

....that Buffalo has managed to creep within 4 points of the Fishies?

I hadn't been following it that closely in the midst of all the deadline madness. It wasn't long ago that it seemed like they had it wrapped up, but it's very much in play now. 4 points over 12 games is not at all an impossible gap to close. Too bad the two teams don't have any games left against each other, that would sure make things interesting.

Shadowtron 03-12-2004 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laches
....that Buffalo has managed to creep within 4 points of the Fishies?

I hadn't been following it that closely in the midst of all the deadline madness. It wasn't long ago that it seemed like they had it wrapped up, but it's very much in play now. 4 points over 12 games is not at all an impossible gap to close. Too bad the two teams don't have any games left against each other, that would sure make things interest.

Yeah I noticed it today as well. Very surprised. Like you, I had the Isles penciled for at least the 8th spot or as high as the 6th. They havenít been doing a lot of winning lately.

Melrose_Jr. 03-12-2004 04:12 PM

5 straight losses for the 'Stix and one helluva schedule ahead of them. Doesn't seem like the addition of "Potsie" has solidified the blue line as Mad Mike expected.

Barnaby 03-12-2004 04:15 PM

I would laugh my @ss off if they didn't make it.

Just think... we get Ovechkin, and they get a year older :joker:

Fletch 03-12-2004 04:20 PM

Been rooting for the Sabres...

for a couple weeks now. No offense to the Islanders or their fans, but I would love to see Buffalo get into the playoffs. They really need that. Heck, the NHL needs that. And Florida ain't that far behind - if they win their game in hand, they're only 5 points bac AND Florida and the Isles play each other once. It's not a real tight race, but it's a race (and I think both the Isles' schedule and the 'Cats' schedule are pretty tough - beginning tonight for the 'Cats against the re-vamped New York Rangers - gunning for that 8th draft spot, not the 5th I'm thinking).

rickyrod 03-12-2004 05:37 PM

i'd count atlanta into the race too. they are 10 points back, but have an "easy" schedule.

the funniest thing about the fishies possibly not making the playoff's is their free playoff ticket promotion for season ticket holders. boy, did they jump the gun on that promotion.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-12-2004 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrod
i'd count atlanta into the race too. they are 10 points back, but have an "easy" schedule.

the funniest thing about the fishies possibly not making the playoff's is their free playoff ticket promotion for season ticket holders. boy, did they jump the gun on that promotion.

Of course the Rangers were part of that "easy" schedule.

Rangers_23 03-12-2004 05:54 PM

I hope Buffalo makes it, they are playing good hockey right now. Got to see them play a few weeks back and was impressed with Derek Roy and Bartovic, very quick youngsters.

So now the list of teams to root for has grown to:

Rangers to lose - Ovechkin
Leafs to win - Leetch
Sabres to win - to screw the fishsticks
Florida to win - see above
Nashville - because I like them + ex-Ranger factor

:handclap:

Hankenstein 03-12-2004 09:03 PM

"Ranger$" ?!?!

Oh my god! That is classic man! Wow...I mean how do you come up with them?

NYR2 03-12-2004 09:51 PM

I saw that last night, I was surprised because I thought they were like 6-7 points back.

Oooooh how nice it would be to see them pass the Islanders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobis13
"Ranger$" ?!?!

Oh my god! That is classic man! Wow...I mean how do you come up with them?

Yeah seriously, it's just old and stupid now.

Firefly 03-13-2004 12:59 AM

ive been hoping all along that the isles tank at the end of the season and the sabres sneak into the 8th spot. then we can really dig the knife into their ribs about the 6-0-0 record :D