HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   News Article: Recchi on the Radar?..along with others (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=615383)

Legs Feed the Wolf 03-03-2009 07:44 PM

Recchi on the Radar?..along with others
 
Per Zipay

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

Barker,Antropov,Neil,Hale ?

jniklast 03-03-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drury Fan (Post 18317130)
Per Zipay

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

Barker,Antropov,Neil,Hale ?

i'd like antropov the most of these

FLYLine24* 03-03-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jniklast (Post 18317288)
i'd like antropov the most of these

Same.

MisterUnspoken 03-03-2009 07:52 PM

Barker would be a sick addition, D corps ftw

Xpaco08 03-03-2009 07:52 PM

I dont want to pay the price that Burke wants for Antropov. Would love dealing for Barker and Neal. Not sure what each team would require. I know Chicago is looking for a center. Two they might have interest in are Betts and Korpi. Chances are Chicago just picks Morrison off of waivers.

FromDubiToZherdev* 03-03-2009 07:55 PM

Chris Neil, Nik Antropov, Cam Barker.

Yes to these.

No to Recchi. He has the record for goals against us.

Cherepanov 71 03-03-2009 07:56 PM

Chicago wants a center, is that how we would get Barker?

I Eat Crow 03-03-2009 07:57 PM

I wouldn't mind Recchi for a late round pick. Nor for those other guys, except for Hale :help:

NYR957 03-03-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherepanov 71 (Post 18317619)
Chicago wants a center, is that how we would get Barker?

Blair Betts and a draft pick? I have no idea. Would that get it done?

NYR957 03-03-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev (Post 18317572)
Chris Neil, Nik Antropov, Cam Barker.

Yes to these.

No to Recchi. He has the record for goals against us.

He also has 45 points in 62 games as a 41 year old. More than everyone on our team except for Gomez and Zherdev by a couple of points.

I Eat Crow 03-03-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR957 (Post 18317799)
Blair Betts and a draft pick? I have no idea. Would that get it done?

Someone brought up Girardi and Betts for Wisniewski and Brouwer in another thread. I think if you change Barker for Wisniewski, I think that would get it done. Barker is going to be a great player.

TheHotRock 03-03-2009 08:01 PM

i'll take rex. big body, not afraid to bang, could help the power play. at 300k if the price is a later pick, why not take a chance?

Legs Feed the Wolf 03-03-2009 08:02 PM

oh man this deadline is getting exciting....antropov, neil, barker OH MY

ThirdEye 03-03-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR957 (Post 18317799)
Blair Betts and a draft pick? I have no idea. Would that get it done?

Really... Betts?

They're going to want Dubinsky... and that's why we won't get him.

TheHotRock 03-03-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdEye (Post 18317964)
Really... Betts?

They're going to want Dubinsky... and that's why we won't get him.

would you do it for korpikoski+? i'd think about it

Burlington Bomb 26 03-03-2009 08:05 PM

Antropov, yes. Barker, yes. Neil, yes, Recchi, Hell Yes. Hale, LOL No.

The reason I say "Hell Yes" about Recchi is, that he still produces, and would cost us the least.

NYR957 03-03-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdEye (Post 18317964)
Really... Betts?

They're going to want Dubinsky... and that's why we won't get him.

Hence the term "I have no idea". If Dubinsky then no.

Legs Feed the Wolf 03-03-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHotRock (Post 18318012)
would you do it for korpikoski+? i'd think about it

i would do it...barker is gonna be sick

ThirdEye 03-03-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHotRock (Post 18318012)
would you do it for korpikoski+? i'd think about it

Ehh... probably not. We need to keep our forwards. We have more than enough defensemen in the system already.

I think Chicago is looking for someone with experience anyhow

Fitzy 03-03-2009 08:07 PM

Been saying for awhile Recchi wouldnt surprise me. Probly best bang for the price tag as far as rentals this season. If we got him for a third then fine.

Vitto79 03-03-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR (Post 18318068)
Antropov, yes. Barker, yes. Neil, yes, Recchi, Hell Yes. Hale, LOL No.

The reason I say "Hell Yes" about Recchi is, that he still produces, and would cost us the least.

I guess he still does but still it would stink if he is the top 6 they think about bringing in

As of now I think the forward group is well balanced as long as the 3rd line can be Avery, Korps , Cally...........it would give alot of depth

Burlington Bomb 26 03-03-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 18318299)
I guess he still does but still it would stink if he is the top 6 they think about bringing in

As of now I think the forward group is well balanced as long as the 3rd line can be Avery, Korps , Cally...........it would give alot of depth

I would think if they got an Antropov type, that'll be the only move, but with a Recchi type, I can see a slew of trades....maybe.

Fitzy 03-03-2009 08:10 PM

Barker is scoring well, and is 22. Whats not to like?

SupersonicMonkey* 03-03-2009 08:11 PM

I would LOVE to get Barker.

Staal
Girardi
Barker
Sanguinetti
Del Zotto

Is a pretty nutty young D core.

OverTheCap 03-03-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 18318299)
I guess he still does but still it would stink if he is the top 6 they think about bringing in

As of now I think the forward group is well balanced as long as the 3rd line can be Avery, Korps , Cally...........it would give alot of depth

Agreed, and can Recchi even be considered a top 6 forward at this point? I'm not sure what role he would fill on this team. We already have a bunch of 3rd/4th liners.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.