HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   TSN: [PHI/PHX] Scottie Upshall + '11 2nd for Daniel Carcillo (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=615800)

GKJ 03-04-2009 07:56 PM

[PHI/PHX] Scottie Upshall + '11 2nd for Daniel Carcillo
 
I hate this trade.

WhiteTrashAmerican 03-04-2009 07:56 PM

Isn't much to say other than overpayment by Philly...seems pretty lateral.

Burke's Evil Spirit 03-04-2009 07:57 PM

How is this better than waiving Upshall? I just don't understand it.

hashmarks 03-04-2009 07:57 PM

Yes, this one is a :huh: Carcillo is not worth all that.

FromDubiToZherdev* 03-04-2009 07:59 PM

Carcillo had a lot of upside last year. Scored, fought, and was a beast. BUT what happened...

10 points in 54 GP?

Really?

Enoch 03-04-2009 08:00 PM

David Poile was pretty flustered about not being able to reacquire Upshall. I can't believe the Flyers gave up this much for a middle-weight (that takes on all comers) who is, quite frankly, out-of-control most of the time he is on the ice.

Alamo 03-04-2009 08:03 PM

Gretz didn't let danny play more that 5 mins in some of those games ( on a ****** 4th line). If your real coach can learn to tame him a little bit, he has some amazing upside offensively

WhiteTrashAmerican 03-04-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alamo (Post 18345203)
Gretz didn't let danny play more that 5 mins in some of those games ( on a ****** 4th line). If your real coach can learn to tame him a little bit, he has some amazing upside offensively

You can't play when you are in the penalty box.

paxtang 03-04-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 18345028)
David Poile was pretty flustered about not being able to reacquire Upshall. I can't believe the Flyers gave up this much for a middle-weight (that takes on all comers) who is, quite frankly, out-of-control most of the time he is on the ice.

Upshall isn't always in control either. In fact, they took a similar amount of minor penalties this year.

trees17 03-04-2009 08:06 PM

i would have liked carcillo for uppy straight up with no pick.. i think with the pick its a little bit of any overpayment.... but only time will tell...... we werent going to resign scotty next year anyway.. whats carcillos contract like?? is he signed next year....???

Alamo 03-04-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloveSave (Post 18345257)
You can't play when you are in the penalty box.

Hence the tame part.... :huh:

tylerbear* 03-04-2009 08:12 PM

Overpayment by the Flyers, but Carcillo is your typical Flyer. The fans will love him.

hashmarks 03-04-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alamo (Post 18345203)
Gretz didn't let danny play more that 5 mins in some of those games ( on a ****** 4th line). If your real coach can learn to tame him a little bit, he has some amazing upside offensively

Looks like the flyers are going to have some trouble with him then.

FlyHigh 03-04-2009 08:13 PM

Carcillo does have a 3.2 shooting percentage after putting up a 12% the previous 2 years (in limited time), so basically, if he shoots at 12%, he'd be at the same goal number, 3.2 seems abnormally low.

Habsfan18 03-04-2009 08:15 PM

I think Upshall will do quite well in Phoenix.

Terence Peterman 03-04-2009 08:19 PM

Stupid. So stupid it hurts.

I'll miss you, Scottie.

And I'll miss you, too, second round pick which apparently causes flagrant VD (which must be why the Flyers refuse to hold onto them).

Mr Dangles 03-04-2009 08:36 PM

Carcillo is a perfect fit in Philly

TheKingPin 03-04-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Dangles (Post 18346438)
Carcillo is a perfect fit in Philly

Yea I mean suck to see Uppy go but we can some cap room to have extra players with us and apprently Carcillo's fav team growing up was the Flyers...

jcab2000 03-04-2009 08:49 PM

Flyers fans who don't like this trade have either never seen Carcillo play or they love the new NHL. A lot of people will change their mind.

El Dandy* 03-04-2009 08:51 PM

The most overrated Flyer is gone. The only thing that stings is the 2nd round pick, but we can fetch one(and more) right back this summer by trading Lupul or someone else.

Scottie was a solid energy guy, but he's just not going to be the 30-40 goal scorer some Flyers fans thought/think. IMO, Scottie will max out at 20 goals, that's nothing to be ashamed of, but a far cry from the far fetched predicitions of 30-40 goals and 70+ points.

I am REALLY excited to see what Carcillo brings to the table. I give it about a week for Carcillo to have a cult following in Philadelphia.

WVP 03-04-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thewindupbird (Post 18345631)
Overpayment by the Flyers, but Carcillo is your typical Flyer. The fans will love him.

Spot on.

MsWoof 03-04-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVPens (Post 18347194)
Spot on.

Yeah, we need ANOTHER guy to take penalties and we need ANOTHER guy with a reputation. Great.

DUHockey9 03-04-2009 09:12 PM

I think it is as simple as this.

Holmgren's primary goal was to shed a few hundred thousand dollars in salary so we weren't constantly holding our breath about someone getting hurt. It would allow us to stop yo yo-ing Giroux up and down, and he's earned his permanent spot with us. We couldn't just waive a guy bc we'd be without a body, and as soon as an injury hit, we'd be in the same spot. So we needed to trade a body for a less expensive body. None of the 4th line guys make a enough to accomplish the goal. Trading a guy making 700k for a guy making 650k is pretty worthless.

So you have to look at our top 9. Gags Richards Knuble were never really going anywhere. Hartnell Carter Lupul has been our best line this year, and after a bit of juggling once Briere came back...the line always ends up back together. That leaves Upshall Briere Giroux on the 3rd line. Well Briere can't really be moved, and Giroux is who we are trying to keep. So it's really Upshall.

So we've decided it's Upshall...looking at that 3rd line what do we need? We need some size and some grit...and some skill of course. Briere and Giroux are not big guys, and Carcillo isn't really all that big but he does his job well. He brings what is needed to that line.

I'm willing to bet Homer knows he overpaid here. He overpaid to get the cap room he wanted, and he probably didn't want to trade Upshall, but he got the kind of player he wanted for that line as well. I'm pretty sure when he said to himself "Do I really care about my picks in 3 years right this second?" he realized...he has to do what is best for the team right now.

So we'll see how it works out. I think Flyers fans will love Carcillo, just as we loved Upshall. But will it make us a better team...I have no idea.

chromemaro 03-04-2009 09:15 PM

i think ill end up liking him. but i will miss upshall.

u guys will love him.

chromemaro 03-04-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUHockey9 (Post 18347341)
I think it is as simple as this.

Holmgren's primary goal was to shed a few hundred thousand dollars in salary so we weren't constantly holding our breath about someone getting hurt. It would allow us to stop yo yo-ing Giroux up and down, and he's earned his permanent spot with us. We couldn't just waive a guy bc we'd be without a body, and as soon as an injury hit, we'd be in the same spot. So we needed to trade a body for a less expensive body. None of the 4th line guys make a enough to accomplish the goal. Trading a guy making 700k for a guy making 650k is pretty worthless.

So you have to look at our top 9. Gags Richards Knuble were never really going anywhere. Hartnell Carter Lupul has been our best line this year, and after a bit of juggling once Briere came back...the line always ends up back together. That leaves Upshall Briere Giroux on the 3rd line. Well Briere can't really be moved, and Giroux is who we are trying to keep. So it's really Upshall.

So we've decided it's Upshall...looking at that 3rd line what do we need? We need some size and some grit...and some skill of course. Briere and Giroux are not big guys, and Carcillo isn't really all that big but he does his job well. He brings what is needed to that line.

I'm willing to bet Homer knows he overpaid here. He overpaid to get the cap room he wanted, and he probably didn't want to trade Upshall, but he got the kind of player he wanted for that line as well. I'm pretty sure when he said to himself "Do I really care about my picks in 3 years right this second?" he realized...he has to do what is best for the team right now.

So we'll see how it works out. I think Flyers fans will love Carcillo, just as we loved Upshall. But will it make us a better team...I have no idea.

i think id rather ditch lupul, but i understand why it happened


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.