HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Brendan Morrison Vs Alexander Frolov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=61582)

nuksforlife 03-12-2004 08:53 PM

Brendan Morrison Vs Alexander Frolov
 
Who would you rather have on your team??

I changed the question from who is better due to a few unhappy people.

Carbonneau 03-12-2004 08:56 PM

Where do these comparisons come from??

apples and oranges

nuksforlife 03-12-2004 09:17 PM

Having a an argument with a buddy on who is better, just want to see what others think.

Carbonneau 03-12-2004 09:20 PM

ok,
Morrison right now, but he benefits a lot from who he plays with

Frolov will be better than Morrison ever is or was.

nuksforlife 03-12-2004 09:24 PM

Thats pretty much my opinion as well, I took Morrison but my choice would probably change in a year or two

Carbonneau 03-12-2004 09:27 PM

Take Naslund and Bertuzzi away and Morrison becomes a third line checking forward

LaVal 03-12-2004 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonneau
Take Naslund and Bertuzzi away and Morrison becomes a third line checking forward

ok, saying he benefits from who he plays with is one thing... but that is just silly. Morrison is having a horrendous year, so i'll dismiss that in my upcoming argument.

Morrison had 54 points playing with Matt Cooke (in his first full season in the NHL), and Peter Schaefer, and racking up 3rd line icetime. if that's a 3rd line checker then i'd like to see more 3rd line checkers on the Canucks.

Morrison's production increased 25% going from the 3rd line to the first line. Naslund's production increased 28% replacing Cassels (who is one of the league's best setup men) with Morrison, and Bertuzzi's production went up 76% since Morrison replaced Cassels on the top line. so if anything, Naslund and Bertuzzi leeched off Morrison.

Morrison is an example of a player who makes others around him better.... hense is a great complimentary player. Frolov is a player who gets it done on his own.

benji 03-12-2004 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonneau
ok,
Morrison right now, but he benefits a lot from who he plays with

Frolov will be better than Morrison ever is or was.

thats what i think

macho232 03-12-2004 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaVal575
ok, saying he benefits from who he plays with is one thing... but that is just silly. Morrison is having a horrendous year, so i'll dismiss that in my upcoming argument.

Morrison had 54 points playing with Matt Cooke (in his first full season in the NHL), and Peter Schaefer, and racking up 3rd line icetime. if that's a 3rd line checker then i'd like to see more 3rd line checkers on the Canucks.

Morrison's production increased 25% going from the 3rd line to the first line. Naslund's production increased 28% replacing Cassels (who is one of the league's best setup men) with Morrison, and Bertuzzi's production went up 76% since Morrison replaced Cassels on the top line. so if anything, Naslund and Bertuzzi leeched off Morrison.

Morrison is an example of a player who makes others around him better.... hense is a great complimentary player. Frolov is a player who gets it done on his own.

Naslund's increase in points had more to with Bertuzzi coming into his own then Morrison getting added to his line.

kmad 03-13-2004 12:13 AM

this is a stupid comparison.. it's like comparing Babe Ruth and Gordie Howe..

Cerebral 03-13-2004 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuksforlife
Please explain why? I have seen worse comaprrisons on this bored-and it you don't like it, don't look at it-you have been around here long enough to know that

It really isn't a very good comparison.. Morrison has been in the league for a number of years and is a good two-way centerman. In contrast, Frolov is a sophomore power forward. It is tough to compare the players as they both bring completely different skill sets.. if you need a goal scorer, Frolov is probably your guy. If you need a good complimentary two-way centerman, look for Morrison.. I'll say Frolov though because your Knuckleheads beat my Oil tonight :D

nuksforlife 03-13-2004 12:28 AM

OK-KMAD and the above poster what I meant to do in this poll is who would you rather have on your team. I messed up and worded it wrong.
I myself have watched about 15-20 kings games this year on center ice and Frolov does have great defensive skills also, they can both put up points too. The only diffrence I see is age and size.

I will change the question to who would you rather have on your team

Mizral 03-13-2004 12:40 AM

Morrison now, Frolov in 2 - 3 years, pretty simple.

It is a silly comparison though, mostly because of the age different.

FlyersGuy69 03-13-2004 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral
Morrison now, Frolov in 2 - 3 years, pretty simple.

It is a silly comparison though, mostly because of the age different.

I agree.

nuksforlife 03-13-2004 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
I agree.

Its not a comparrison-its who would you rather have on your team

Ajacied 03-13-2004 03:56 AM

While I think Morrison is the better player, the Stars need Frolov a heck of a lot more, mostly because he plays LW and is much younger. Frolov, Morrow, Miettinen and Ott would solidify our left flanks for years to come.

Morrison is easily better right now though, but Frolov's potential goes beyonds Morrison's.

Frolov 03-13-2004 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God

Morrison is easily better right now though, but Frolov's potential goes beyonds Morrison's.

Not to take anything away from your post but how much better is Morrison right now? In my opinion he isn't "easily better".

Morrison has 18 goals 50 points and is a +6 on the high powered Nucks team and gets to play with Naslund most nights. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Frolov has 22 goals 44 points and is a + 13 on the Kings team and plays with Stumpel and either Barney/Cammy/Brown/Straka

So I don't think Morrison is "easily better" then Frolov right now.

In fact going into the playoffs this year most can argue that almost every team would rather have Frolov in their lineup then Morrison.

Just my opinion

LaVal 03-13-2004 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macho232
Naslund's increase in points had more to with Bertuzzi coming into his own then Morrison getting added to his line.

Bertuzzi started "coming into his own" when Morrison was added to the top line

Mizral 03-13-2004 01:51 PM

Frolov,

Should be noted that Morrison had a pretty brutal month a half or so that has really hurt his stats. This hasn't been the best of seasons for 'Mo', but if you look at what he's done since his breakout two years ago, you can see he's more of a 60 - 70 point player than a 50 point player.

Belarus Rocket 03-13-2004 03:03 PM

tough choice,But I'l choose Frolov

JOHNBOY 03-13-2004 03:33 PM

Frolov.

berney fkaj 03-13-2004 07:42 PM

Morrison


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.