HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Line Combos: With Tanguay's return on Saturday (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=616038)

That Habs Fan 03-05-2009 08:53 AM

With Tanguay's return on Saturday

tanguay-koivu-andrei
maxpac-plekanec-kovalev
higgins-lapierre-stewart
kostopolous-metro-dandy

markov-komisarek
hamrlik-schneider
gorges-obyrne

hamr and komo can not play together, i realized our coaching staff is old but if they can not see this i can send them names of good optometrists. komisarek was looking like a true top pairing dman while hamr was great as a #3 last year....since post schneider they have both looked like stephane quintal.

also, we should buy out brisebois' contract.

oh and start Denis is Halak isn't ready.

Puckhead58* 03-05-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le CH Sont La (Post 18356409)
tanguay-koivu-andrei
maxpac-plekanec-kovalev
higgins-lapierre-stewart
kostopolous-metro-dandy

markov-komisarek
hamrlik-schneider
gorges-obyrne

hamr and komo can not play together, i realized our coaching staff is old but if they can not see this i can send them names of good optometrists. komisarek was looking like a true top pairing dman while hamr was great as a #3 last year....since post schneider they have both looked like stephane quintal.

also, we should buy out brisebois' contract.

oh and start Denis is Halak isn't ready.

I like those lines, except I would put Kostopoulos with Lapierre and Higgins instead of Stewart. Keep Stewart on the 4th line and let him bang it up and play physical.

I agree that we need to separate Hammer and Komi too....they just don't seem comfortable together.

Buy out Breezers contract as fast as we can and get rid of him forever. We can use Dandy on the blueline if we need to and Boullion can sit in the press box.

Halak should start unless he is still sick, then I agree Denis should start. Price doesn't deserve playing time right now. He needs to clear his head and find his game....so sit him in the press box for a few games.

habs1988 03-05-2009 09:10 AM

I think that if Carbo doesn't play Andrei RW with Saku and Tanguay, he's the worst coach ever.

Can't he see that AKost isn't playing at his full potential when he is playing with Kovy and NOT on the RW? Everybody sees it except him.

Half of his goals were scored from the right position, and other half in front of the net.

Yesterday, I was watching ''La Zone'' and the interviewer asked Carbo if he thinks the players lost confidence in him. Well, from his answer facial expression, you can see that he's starting to ask himself the same question. And I wouldn't be surprised that the players aren't buying his system anymore.

We have speedy players, why don't use a 2 men pressure? We have players with creativity and Carbo doesn't explore the max his this.

Look at Washington. This team as alot of talent and Boudreau knows it. He tells the players to use their creativity in the offensive zone and it works. But in defense, follow the system and it works! Our defense and goalie are better than them. Why can't Carbo get the max of his players like BOudreau is doing? It's because the players don't like the system. If Carbo would let Markov play like Boudreau does with Green, he would have 10 pts more.

And don't be foolish...you can say that last year we were 1st in goal scoring, but it was because of the PP.

Bronn 03-05-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckhead58 (Post 18356655)

I agree that we need to separate Hammer and Komi too....they just don't seem comfortable together.

Agreed

Komi should pretty much always be paired with a puck moving D imho. Hamrlik does it once in a while but i'm talking more about a Markov , Boyle , Rafalski ect type of defensemen.

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Schneider
Gorges - Dandenault

Those would be my pairings.

Puckhead58* 03-05-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 (Post 18356656)
I think that if Carbo doesn't play Andrei RW with Saku and Tanguay, he's the worst coach ever.

Can't he see that AKost isn't playing at his full potential when he is playing with Kovy and NOT on the RW? Everybody sees it except him.

Half of his goals were scored from the right position, and other half in front of the net.

Yesterday, I was watching ''La Zone'' and the interviewer asked Carbo if he thinks the players lost confidence in him. Well, from his answer facial expression, you can see that he's starting to ask himself the same question. And I wouldn't be surprised that the players aren't buying his system anymore.

We have speedy players, why don't use a 2 men pressure? We have players with creativity and Carbo doesn't explore the max his this.

Look at Washington. This team as alot of talent and Boudreau knows it. He tells the players to use their creativity in the offensive zone and it works. But in defense, follow the system and it works! Our defense and goalie are better than them. Why can't Carbo get the max of his players like BOudreau is doing? It's because the players don't like the system. If Carbo would let Markov play like Boudreau does with Green, he would have 10 pts more.

And don't be foolish...you can say that last year we were 1st in goal scoring, but it was because of the PP.

I agree. I don't understand why Carbo insists in using players in positions they are not comfortable doing. If he would put Andrei on the RW away from Kovy, then we could have 2 guys like Kovy who can be creative with the puck instead of just 1.

I don't understand why we don't use 2 guys forechecking either....its just sooo stupid to waste the speed we have by sitting back in the neutral zone. We should be forechecking with 2 guys deep ALL GAME every game we play. A small team like we have with the speedy forwards we have, forechecking with 2 guys deep would be a huge advantage. And when we have a 2-0 lead, we should still be forechecking with 2 guys deep and playing offensive. When we sit back and try to defend the lead by sending 1 guy deep and the other 4 waiting at center ice for the other team, it doesn't work. We give up too many shots and we can't clear our end....and it usually results in use blowing the lead and giving up goals.

It isn't working so why do we keep doing it??? Its the same as using a defencemen as a forward, it doesn't work...so why do it?? Same as juggling the lines after 3 shifts every game....it doesn't work....so why keep doing it.

If Carbo is such a good coach, why does he keep doing things they don't work??? He needs to adjust and find something that works. So what if it isn't the style he wants to use....as long as it works and brings the best out of the players....thats all that matters.

Brett38 03-05-2009 09:27 AM

Here are my "Forward lines."

A.Kostitsyn Plekanec Kovalev

Higgins Koivu Tanguay

Latendresse Lapierre D'Agastini

Laraque Metropolit Kostopoulos

la25ecoupe 03-05-2009 09:31 AM

Carbo is the most retarded line maker in the world.

Iwishihadacup 03-05-2009 09:32 AM

Wasn't it friday?

Brett38 03-05-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett38 (Post 18356943)

Higgins Koivu Tanguay

I realize Latendresse won't be back yet. This is for the playoffs.

Oh, the Habs don't play on Saturday. They play Saturday and Sunday.

Roulin 03-05-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le CH Sont La (Post 18356409)
tanguay-koivu-andrei
maxpac-plekanec-kovalev
higgins-lapierre-stewart
kostopolous-metro-dandy

markov-komisarek
hamrlik-schneider
gorges-obyrne

Not bad, I like the Higgins-Lapierre combo. But, you forgot D'Agostini.

46-11-36
13-14-27
21-40-6
67-15-70

I'd ease Tanguay back into the lineup, play him on o-zone faceoffs and against soft opposition with Plek and Kovy.

79-24
26-8
44-71/3

I think Hamrlik needs a break. I'd cut his minutes, and relax on the amount of d-zone faceoffs he's on the ice for. I don't think O'Byrne has clearly beat Brisebois for the #6 job yet, so I'm fine with a platoon.

loadie 03-05-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett38 (Post 18356943)

Higgins Koivu Tanguay

AK should be on the RW with Koivu and Tanguay IMO. Having him on the LW is misusing him.

speed11 03-05-2009 09:44 AM

a. the game is on friday, and 2. where was it posted that he's a definite go?

YMCMBeaulieu 03-05-2009 09:49 AM

Tanguay - Koivu - A. Kostitsyn
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Kovalev
Higgins - Lapierre - Kostopoulos
Stewart - Metro - Dandy/D'Ago

Markov - Schneider
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Gorges - Komi

habs4eva 03-05-2009 09:50 AM

Forwards:

Tanguay - Koivu - Andrei

Higgins - Lapierre - Kosto

Stewart - Metro - D'agostini

Defence:
Markov - Schneider
Hammer - O'Byrne
Gorges - Dandenault

(I would do something more drastic but I am sure Carbo won't do it, and most of you might not agree, but I think Komo needs a wake-up call, this is not to punish him, but just to let him watch the game from upstairs and see he has more time then he thinks he does and can actually make a stick-to-stick pass, because right-now he can't make a straight pass.)

Stone Cutter 03-05-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin (Post 18357328)
Tanguay - Koivu - A. Kostitsyn
Higgins - Lapierre - Kostopoulos
Stewart - Metro - Dandy/D'Ago

Markov - Schneider
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Gorges - Komi

+1 :)

Iwishihadacup 03-05-2009 10:05 AM

Tanguay-Koivu-D'agostini
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Higgins-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
Stewart-Metro-Kovalev

Markov-Schneider
Hamrlik-O'byrne
Gorges-Komi

Halak
Pricey

katatoniak 03-05-2009 10:12 AM

My line

Tanguay - koivu - A.Kostytsin
pac man - Plekanec - Kovy
Higgins - Lapierre - D'ago
Stewart - Metropolit - Kostopoulos

Laraque

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Schneider
Gorges - O'Byrne

Brisebois

O'Byrne was playing great hockey before he was sent to Hamilton ...

I hope he'll play the next game, Brisebois is just pissing me off every time he does a stupid play. Stop his career at 999 games.

TheCH* 03-05-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett38 (Post 18357129)
I realize Latendresse won't be back yet. This is for the playoffs.

Oh, the Habs don't play on Saturday. They play Saturday and Sunday.

:laugh:

I am sure you meant friday and sunday.

Fozz 03-05-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katatoniak (Post 18357706)
My line

Laraque

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Schneider
Gorges - O'Byrne

Brisebois

I hope he'll play the next game, Brisebois is just pissing me off every time he does a stupid play. Stop his career at 999 games.

There you go. We have a winner!

Kriss E 03-05-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 (Post 18356656)

No he didn't. Guy Daoust asked him if the players had lost confidence in PRICE, not Carbo. To which he made a face and answered we'd have to ask the players.

Carbo does need to put A.Kost on any other line as a RW. Put MaxPac back with Plek/Kovy.
But most importantly, we need our coaches to learn how to coach Defense. That's where our problem lie. Gorges/Breezer/Komi/Hamr have been very mediocre.

GoodKiwi 03-05-2009 10:26 AM

What about bringing Metro up to our third line and playing Lappy on a wing? What do you guys think of that? The reasoning being that Metro seemingly has pretty decent hands and speed.

Although, who would center that fourth line? :huh:

Coldplay 03-05-2009 10:28 AM

Tanguay-Koivu-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kovalev
Higgins-Lapierre/Metro-D'Agostini
Stewart-Metro/Lapierre-Kostopoulos

Markov-Komisarek (as much as I wanted to see a Komo-Hammer shutdown pairing, they need a fresh partner, poor play...)
Hamrlik-Schneider
Dandenault-Gorges

Halak
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup
Tanguay-Koivu-D'agostini
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Higgins-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
Stewart-Metro-Kovalev

Markov-Schneider
Hamrlik-O'byrne
Gorges-Komi

Halak
Pricey

:shakehead

White Spy 03-05-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katatoniak (Post 18357706)
My line

Laraque

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Schneider
Gorges - O'Byrne

Brisebois

Perfect!

That Habs Fan 03-05-2009 10:40 AM

friday or saturday, the important thing is we ice a legit number one line (no higgins, no dago, dago shouldnt play period if not on the first two lines, and he doesnt play well enough to be there yet so...)

also important is to have andrei away from kovalev, but im sure carbo will do neither of these things.

Iwishihadacup 03-05-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le CH Sont La (Post 18358271)
friday or saturday, the important thing is we ice a legit number one line (no higgins, no dago, dago shouldnt play period if not on the first two lines, and he doesnt play well enough to be there yet so...)

also important is to have andrei away from kovalev, but im sure carbo will do neither of these things.

D'ago almost scored last night and plays really good these days