HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hard Practice today (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=616135)

ppil 03-05-2009 12:25 PM

Hard Practice today
 
From Martin Mcguire, skating practice with no puck for at least 20 minutes (heard on CKAC), interesting...

Gary320 03-05-2009 12:27 PM

It's about time.
Ive been ranting that Carbo is never tough with them during practice.

NHLcrazy 03-05-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppil (Post 18360581)
From Pierre Mcguire, skating practice with no puck for at least 20 minutes (heard on CKAC), interesting...

like kindergarten...if you're not a good boy you can't play with your toys for 20mins

Magic33 03-05-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary320 (Post 18360619)
It's about time.
Ive been ranting that Carbo is never tough with them during practice.

Im not trying to be an ass or anything, but do you get the watch their practice on a regular basis?

Team_Spirit 03-05-2009 12:29 PM

20 minutes? These guys are PRO they can handle more than that.

Gary320 03-05-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic33 (Post 18360651)
Im not trying to be an ass or anything, but do you get the watch their practice on a regular basis?

I'm base it on the fact that you never hear that they have these kinds of drills.
I hear that Washington had a practice with no puck.. but never hear stuff like this about Carbo... I don't doubt that he does some tough drills but I never hear that he does drills like this.

So I base it soley on the reports..

ppil 03-05-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team_Spirit (Post 18360699)
20 minutes? These guys are PRO they can handle more than that.

Well it was ongoing for 20 minutes, might be more then that now.

JeromeHP 03-05-2009 12:31 PM

its Martin McGuire not Pierre ;)

ppil 03-05-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary320 (Post 18360619)
It's about time.
Ive been ranting that Carbo is never tough with them during practice.

Well, after that either it works, or the players hate you and you lose your job...

Magic33 03-05-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary320 (Post 18360710)
I'm base it on the fact that you never hear that they have these kinds of drills.
I hear that Washington had a practice with no puck.. but never hear stuff like this about Carbo... I don't doubt that he does some tough drills but I never hear that he does drills like this.

So I base it soley on the reports..

Ok, thats fine. Im just saying that because a lot of times we have no clue what goes on in practice, drills wise. They can do this all the time, but it only gets mentioned once. Its like people who say Koivu isnt a good captain because he isn;t vocal in the room. How the hell do we know what is said in the room you know?

Gary320 03-05-2009 12:34 PM

Than the players are in the wrong job, and they clearly think they aren't doing anything wrong...

Which they are. My opinion anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic33 (Post 18360803)
Ok, thats fine. Im just saying that because a lot of times we have no clue what goes on in practice, drills wise. They can do this all the time, but it only gets mentioned once. Its like people who say Koivu isnt a good captain because he isn;t vocal in the room. How the hell do we know what is said in the room you know?

Yeah I understand. I base it on reports like habsinsideout.com, they mention what goes on during practice.. and you never hear these kinds of things.

As for the Koivu statement, I agree with you completly. I don't understand how people know if he isn't vocal in the room.

Dripper 03-05-2009 12:36 PM

The players should have the right to force Carbo to do a 20 minutes drill without puck himself.

BigTimer* 03-05-2009 12:38 PM

20 MINUTES?

What a country club.

Kriss E 03-05-2009 12:41 PM

20Minutes of practice with no pucks. That's gonna solve the defensive mess we're in.

LyleOdelein 03-05-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by visorwearinghockey (Post 18360899)
20 MINUTES?

What a country club.

If it is 20 consecutive minutes of hard skating drills, that is a grueling work out.

deandebean 03-05-2009 12:44 PM

20 minutes is a joke. My bantam CC kid does it for 60 minutes.

It's good.

Next step should be the wall. They need it 'cause they can't hit. And they're afraid to get hit.

Papa_Bear_21 03-05-2009 12:45 PM

Hmmm... that's nice but I hope they worked on being able to beat a 2-man forecheck without just wrapping the puck around the boards, on puck retrieval when they have to dump and chase, on creating chances 5-on-5 in the offensive zone, and on a new PP strategy now that teams are taking away Schneider at the point.

Because skating is fine, but if they don't improve the other aforementioned areas, the results won't change all that much.

Captain Saku 03-05-2009 12:45 PM

not a single player that left the habs have said anything positive about Carbo... they all say the same thing "he never communicates with us"!

The defensive mess is clearly a coaching incompetence!

Kriss E 03-05-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorges of the Jungle (Post 18361005)
If it is 20 consecutive minutes of hard skating drills, that is a grueling work out.

Here's a better idea.
Bench Breezer and give a couple reverse slaps to Price's face.

Metropolitsky 03-05-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean (Post 18361021)
20 minutes is a joke. My bantam CC kid does it for 60 minutes.
It's good.

Next step should be the wall. They need it 'cause they can't hit. And they're afraid to get hit.

I somehow doubt it

gusfring 03-05-2009 01:14 PM

Did they talk about actually sticking up for teammates at all? I'm curious.

Gaustad mashes Kovalev, Paille runs over Price and nothing. I can understand when the score is 0-0 you want to keep your head, but when the score is 3-0, maybe?

kovalost27 03-05-2009 01:17 PM

They were probably going all out for 20 minutes. Playing hockey requires a lot of cardio and muscle endurance. I don't think Carbonneau was giving them free skate for 20.

Erik Estrada 03-05-2009 01:18 PM

I hope Carbo also subjected himself to the 20 minutes of bag skate.

BigTimer* 03-05-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nittany (Post 18361743)
Did they talk about actually sticking up for teammates at all? I'm curious.

Gaustad mashes Kovalev, Paille runs over Price and nothing. I can understand when the score is 0-0 you want to keep your head, but when the score is 3-0, maybe?

When teams see the Habs on their upcoming schedule, they breathe a sigh of relief and know they don't have to worry about getting tossed around. Its been like that for the better part of 10 years now, and has only gotten worse since Souray and Rivet left.

Remember Gilmour when Theo was run? That's how you play hockey.

habs1988 03-05-2009 01:20 PM

It's a sign that Carbo is starting to lose his players.

You clearly see that during the games, they don't put the maximum and it's a sign. It's the sign of a team that doesn't buy the system anymore.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.