HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Report: OTT offers Alfredsson contract (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=61614)

chris_dub 03-12-2004 11:56 PM

Report: OTT offers Alfredsson contract

Report: Sens offer deal to Alfredsson

TSN's sister station in Quebec RDS is reporting that the Ottawa Senators have offered a new contract to captain Daniel Alfredsson.

Alfredsson, 31, is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, and the Senators want to get him signed before the playoffs.

Alfredsson's representive J.P. Barry has been talking to the club about a new deal for most of the 2003-2004 season. The eight-year NHL veteran is already the highest paid player in team history, earning just over $5 million US this season. He signed a two-year, $9.5 million US contract with the club in July of 2002.

TSN.ca

leafaholix* 03-13-2004 03:18 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Alfy... SIGN WITH TORONTO!

Lobstertainment 03-13-2004 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix

Wouldn't that be a weird thing!

after all he is hated by many Leafs fans(tucker hit, stick throwing joke, captain of heated rivals, etc. etc.) and if he did sign with Toronto I'm sure then Sen Fans would think he was the biggest traitor of all time, Bigger then Judas.

Bassicly I guess I'd accept Alffie(who am i kidding just look at the Roberts-Sundin-Alffie line in the all-star game! of course I'd love him on the team)

but that's all very wishful thinking he'll probably resign with ottawa, after all he has a guarentee to fulfill doesn't he?

leafaholix* 03-13-2004 03:56 AM

I do think he'll sign with Ottawa, but he'd top my list of available free-agents.

That assuming St. Louis doesn't make a qualifying offer to Pronger before July 1.

GD|eNSo 03-13-2004 05:27 AM

Sen's need to sign him now, before the playoffs, or wait until after. I can see how this can be made a distraction come playoff time.

I'm sure Alfie would probably be considered a traitor, if he jumps ship to TO. Whom would be hated more, Yashin or Alfie?

I wonder how the bouncy curls, would look, dyed blue :D

TexSen 03-13-2004 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emenius
Sen's need to sign him now, before the playoffs, or wait until after. I can see how this can be made a distraction come playoff time.

I'm sure Alfie would probably be considered a traitor, if he jumps ship to TO. Whom would be hated more, Yashin or Alfie?

I wonder how the bouncy curls, would look, dyed blue :D

It'd easily be Yashin. At least Alfredsson honors his contracts. No contest.

Volchenkov 03-13-2004 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexSen
It'd easily be Yashin. At least Alfredsson honors his contracts. No contest.

I love Yashin. If it weren't for him and his contract squabbles, we would never have gotten Chara and Spezza. :)

benji 03-13-2004 12:48 PM

They better sign him. He's the heart of that team.

SensGod 03-14-2004 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benji_ch
They better sign him. He's the heart of that team.

Yup...just give him what he wants. I know it sounds financially irresponsible...but the only player I'd do that on the Sens for is him.

sandman08 03-14-2004 03:12 AM

you wouldnt pony up for hossa?

dumpsathernow* 03-14-2004 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix

no nyr will make a big go for him i heard, hopefully brian rolston also

SensGod 03-14-2004 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman08
you wouldnt pony up for hossa?

Hossa's going to be a RFA in a few years...so we dont' have to yet ;)

leafaholix* 03-14-2004 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay 'n skeeta
no nyr will make a big go for him i heard, hopefully brian rolston also

I think New York's shopping spree days are over.