HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Carbo afraid of veteran stars? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=616600)

Markowicz 03-06-2009 03:02 PM

Carbo afraid of veteran stars?

Carbo infuriates me. He never benches or disciplines the stars on this team when they're sucking. It took Gainey to bench Kovalev, and a 2 game suspension to sideline Plekanec.. Komi has been playing horrible, like he doesn't just make mistakes in games, he flat out looks lost on every shift. People say he's playing hurt, ok fine: So what is Carbo waiting for to scratch him for a couple of games? Dandenault has played decent on D all year, no? I cant believe anyone on these boards could argue that dandenault would be worse than Komi. I would also argue that a coach with some balls would have taken action by now.

JHabs 03-06-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre Jr (Post 18384714)
Carbo infuriates me. He never benches or disciplines the stars on this team when they're sucking. It took Gainey to bench Kovalev, and a 2 game suspension to sideline Plekanec.. Komi has been playing horrible, like he doesn't just make mistakes in games, he flat out looks lost on every shift. People say he's playing hurt, ok fine: So what is Carbo waiting for to scratch him for a couple of games? Dandenault has played decent on D all year, no? I cant believe anyone on these boards could argue that dandenault would be worse than Komi. I would also argue that a coach with some balls would have taken action by now.

Carbo benched Kovalev for a whole period.

Markowicz 03-06-2009 03:09 PM

maybe i should clarify. I meant sit players.

Dutchy 03-06-2009 03:29 PM

Plekanec is neither a star nor a veteran.

Maliki2 03-06-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Carbo benches Komi and that means more of Breezy, no thank you. Komi on his worst night is 10x Breezy. Breezy on this team is a good enough reason to fire Carbo. That guy should never have seen the ice after his first stint.

Markowicz 03-06-2009 03:40 PM

Breezer? Forget breezer. I'd rather see dandenault than komi right now, that's what i'm saying. Bottom line is that komisarek needs some days off.

Markowicz 03-06-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy (Post 18385133)
Plekanec is neither a star nor a veteran.

And uh, yeah, plekanec isn't a star or a veteran... on most teams. On Montreal, though, i'm pretty sure he fits that description.

CPrice 03-06-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre Jr (Post 18385355)
And uh, yeah, plekanec isn't a star or a veteran... on most teams. On Montreal, though, i'm pretty sure he fits that description.

Second line center with 18 goals and 36 points fits star in Montreal? Hes not even close to a veteran he is 25 years old I think your trying to stretch your argument a little too much.

Freaky Habs Fan 03-06-2009 03:47 PM

A coach can't sit star players. You just can't...if a GM feels like doing it, fine, but as a coach, you have to keep respect from your team and you can't take decisions like that.

Mad Habber 03-06-2009 03:53 PM

I remember a coach in Boston (don't know which) benching Adam Oates and Cam Neely for the 3rd period one game. About a week later, that coach was gone.

Markowicz 03-06-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre Jr (Post 18385355)

All right, maybe its a stretch. I didn't really want to talk about Plekanec, anyway. He was just an example of a guy who was underachieving and needed a wake-up call. Kovalev and Plekanec got wake-up calls by way of being sit out for 2 games. They both came back looking way better. I think Komi could use that. He's hurting the team by being out there. Pure and simple.

TheCH* 03-06-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Habber (Post 18385514)
I remember a coach in Boston (don't know which) benching Adam Oates and Cam Neely for the 3rd period one game. About a week later, that coach was gone.

Carbo could bench the whole team including both goalies, and go with 6 4th line forwards for the whole night and Gainey still wouldn't fire him!

Maliki2 03-06-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCH (Post 18385649)
Carbo could bench the whole team including both goalies, and go with 6 4th line forwards for the whole night and Gainey still wouldn't fire him!

Gainey will NEVER fire Carbo. But if this crap continues, I could see Carbo stepping down. That wuld save Gaineys rep. Gainey could ask Carbo to step down or move him into some other part of the organization, but NEVER fire his friend.

Habsolutely 03-06-2009 04:19 PM

There are no stars on the team, just good players.

VAN-HAB 03-06-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Dandy didn't play on D all year!!! What are you talking about?

Markowicz 03-06-2009 04:33 PM

True. The last true star we had on this team was Theodore. It's been awhile since we had guys like Turgeon, Muller, Damphousse, Recchi, Bellows, etc., I think Damphousse was the last guy to score 40 goals for us, in 93/94 i think.

Markowicz 03-06-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB (Post 18386089)

Obviously he hasn't played on D all year. But when he has, he's played well. work with me here.

Drive425 03-06-2009 05:14 PM

In most other markets Carbo would've been fired. I think he has alot to prove in the last 20 games and playoffs. If he can't make this work he needs to be let go.

HabsHockey* 03-06-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drive425 (Post 18386767)
In most other markets Carbo would've been fired. I think he has alot to prove in the last 20 games and playoffs. If he can't make this work he needs to be let go.

We're not in Pittsburgh.

TheCH* 03-06-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

He didn't play d for all this year no, but when he has he's done surprisingly well. Better then Brisebois, O'Byrne or even Bouillon.

Turtleneck Plek 03-06-2009 05:22 PM

Yeah, Carbo is afraid of veteran stars.

Sure, just like Breezer was signed this season only so he could play his 1000th game and Betman nixed the Vinny trade. Come on, get a freaking clue.

Carbo is running this team to the best of his logic. Sure it's greatly flawed, but arguments like the one proposed in this thread baffles any logic known to man.

Lucius 03-06-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

But he did play like two decent games and that qualifies him as the next Pronger, no? :sarcasm: