HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Riley Cote... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=616613)

Opus 03-06-2009 02:41 PM

Riley Cote...

I know we've just seen one game with the new guy, Daniel Carcillo, but we all know he's not shy when it comes to shooting the boots.

I mean, do we really need Asham, Carcillo AND Cote?

Carcillo and Asham can both play, Cote simple cannot.

The question is, what to do with Cote???

Thoughs?

dr.rosenrosen 03-06-2009 02:44 PM

my mom skates better then cote!!!

rayearth 03-06-2009 02:46 PM

Wait, what just happened to the other Cote thread?

BillyShoe1721 03-06-2009 02:46 PM

Dump Cote, bring up Kalinski. Have a 4th line like Washington or Boston that can skate and pin the other team in their zone come playoffs.

dbr2 03-06-2009 02:47 PM

and I agree with Billy up there^^

Demote him to the Phantoms. I remember when I went to some games last year, I saw a few Cote jerseys. I don't understand why anyone would buy one of his jerseys. I guess, he was a fan favorite? This year he just down right sucks.

Alchemy 03-06-2009 02:48 PM

Woah..

The other Cote thread disappeared.

But anyways. Cote should be gone. Team toughness>>>>> Enforcer

We have Asham and Carcillo. Two of the best middleweights in the game. They can also play some damn hockey. Cote cannot. He just makes everyone on his line look like ****. Notice when Asham was put with Carcillo and Giroux that was the only line that did something all night.

Cote needs to be waived and put on the Phantoms

ForsbergIsOdin 03-06-2009 02:49 PM

Where did the other Thread go?

Yeah, Cote needs to be gone soon.

dbr2 03-06-2009 02:51 PM

I thought I was going crazy. I was beginning to believe the other Cote thread didn't exist. Glad I wasn't the only one who saw it.

PhilaFlyers 03-06-2009 02:52 PM

Cote is worthless now get Ross or Kalinski up here.

Opus 03-06-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers (Post 18385496)
Cote is worthless now get Ross or Kalinski up here.

Ross plays center though, Cote is a winger.

I'm all for Kalinski.

PhilaFlyers 03-06-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opus (Post 18385552)
Ross plays center though, Cote is a winger.

I'm all for Kalinski.

I thought Kalinski was also a center?

CptCannon 03-06-2009 03:14 PM

Phillyfans? Not liking tough guys? Madness!

Well, I'd keep him in the lineup until the playoffs and then bring up someone with puck-skills. Cote can be brought back to the lineup IF some of the series gets really dirty.

Not really sure how good Ross or Kalinski actually are, well yea saw them play earlier this season but not that much tho, if they get atleast somewhat close to Giroux and others that have stepped up from the Phantoms to the NHL team, then of course give them the roster spot.

Or do it like some teams do? Put the enforcers in to the pressbox for matches like Detroit and such. Then in the other hand... take them in to the lineup for games against rivalries or others that usually play dirty and are willing to fight alot.

Better to have Cote being the punchbag for Godard or Orr than Hartnell?

JSTAFF 03-06-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinRiles (Post 18385796)

Well, I'd keep him in the lineup until the playoffs and then bring up someone with puck-skills. Cote can be brought back to the lineup IF some of the series gets really dirty.

Not really sure how good Ross or Kalinski actually are, well yea saw them play earlier this season but not that much tho, if they get atleast somewhat close to Giroux and others that have stepped up from the Phantoms to the NHL team, then of course give them the roster spot.

Or do it like some teams do? Put the enforcers in to the pressbox for matches like Detroit and such. Then in the other hand... take them in to the lineup for games against rivalries or others that usually play dirty and are willing to fight alot.

Kalinski > Ross imo

Opus 03-06-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers (Post 18385674)
I thought Kalinski was also a center?

LW, according to hockeydb...

Jon Kalinski

CanadianFlyer88 03-06-2009 03:26 PM

Cote is just the odd man out now. Having Asham, Carcillo and Cote in the lineup together is unnecessary.

Asham and Carcillo should be able to contribute in more areas of the game than Cote, so that makes him expendable. The Flyers don't need a heavyweight fighter, and Cote has really been fighting out of his league anyway, so Asham and Carcillo should suffice.

Juicy Couturier* 03-06-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Hartnell wouldnt be fighting Godard or Orr, thats what Asham and Carcillo are for. I dont want to sacrifice a roster spot just so we have someone to get his ass kicked. Cote is seriously terrible and Im shocked he found his way onto an NHL roster for this long, let alone the roster of a good team.

BackWithaVengeance 03-06-2009 03:37 PM

I assume John Stevens is banging Cotes wife.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3130/...23aae9.jpg?v=0

No other reason to let the punch-bag play.

dbr2 03-06-2009 03:45 PM

Jones+Stevens, Eiffel Tower Cote's wife alllll night.

flyersfan187 03-06-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 18386059)
Hartnell wouldnt be fighting Godard or Orr, thats what Asham and Carcillo are for. I dont want to sacrifice a roster spot just so we have someone to get his ass kicked. Cote is seriously terrible and Im shocked he found his way onto an NHL roster for this long, let alone the roster of a good team.

They shouldn't be fighting Godard or Orr either...

Alchemy 03-06-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan187 (Post 18386311)
They shouldn't be fighting Godard or Orr either...

Cote has some use if the other team has an Heavyweight dressed but when the playoffs start he is deemed useless.

Opus 03-06-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

I think we all love tough guys, but the fact that Cote loses 90% of his bouts and bring no other tangibles to his game. He's not feared, nor does he create space like a Brashear does.

I don't think it's all that important to have a heavyweight in the lineup, the Red Wings don't and they get by just fine.

Hartnell isn't dumb enough to drop the gloves with Godard and I'm sure if they had to...Asham or Carcillo would answer the bell.

Ross/Kalinski >>> Cote

Remaining 18 games and playoffs.

Cinerary 03-06-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 (Post 18385983)
Cote is just the odd man out now. Having Asham, Carcillo and Cote in the lineup together is unnecessary.

Asham and Carcillo should be able to contribute in more areas of the game than Cote, so that makes him expendable. The Flyers don't need a heavyweight fighter, and Cote has really been fighting out of his league anyway, so Asham and Carcillo should suffice.

Exactly my thoughts.

bungle 03-06-2009 03:54 PM

I like Cote, but he hasn't really improved as a player this season. If he could play at Asham's level he'd be OK on the 4th line but he can't, and he's not a legit heavyweight, so realistically the team can do without him.

Spongolium* 03-06-2009 04:14 PM

I think cote has a massive influence in the dressing room though. For all you guys that hate him. He's been through the crap, he gets beaten up every week and he's still the first one on the ice and last to leave. Something younger players should be looking up too

Lab Monkey 03-06-2009 04:16 PM

you know i called for Cote to be moved last year and got eaten alive by the Cote nuthuggers, now it seems like everyone is catching up... he is useless. We dont need him, either send him down or send him packing with Jones