HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Halak Unhappy? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=616866)

smon 03-07-2009 10:23 AM

Halak Unhappy?

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/...%3Fid%3D912139

Quote:

Halak isn't happy after Price starts

The only downside to yesterday's decision was the question of what it will do to Halak's psyche. Halak wasn't in the dressing room after the morning session, but his body language after he was told of the decision left no doubt that he was disappointed. With about 10 minutes to go in the session, Carbonneau delivered the news to Price, while assistant coach Kirk Muller skated over and told Halak he wasn't playing.

Halak, riding a four-game win streak, was seen gesturing with his hands, apparently pleading his case and trying to reverse a decision that had already been made.
So who starts against Dallas? Price was apparently quite good last night but the team was actually winning with Halak.

Habsterix* 03-07-2009 10:25 AM

Boo-****ing-hoo! Fans aren't happy!

Habs 03-07-2009 10:25 AM

Price should start, he played really well against Atlanta.

beowulf 03-07-2009 10:25 AM

I rather he be pissed and want to play then have a who cares attitude.

Ncrdrg 03-07-2009 10:26 AM

If he was happy with being just a backup, Gainey would have traded him already.

CanadienErrant* 03-07-2009 10:26 AM

So Carbo lied abouth Halak's health situation...

Halak should play against Dallas. Maybe it will spark the guys again.

Lucius 03-07-2009 10:27 AM

Price played well, which is great.

The decision was smart to me for a few reasons:

1) Price has no confidence, a game against Atlanta was a start he should have to try and regain it.

2) Halak was sick all week, no point rushing him in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadienErrant (Post 18396395)

Holy jump to conclusions Batman.

Halak was sick. Just because the coach felt it was better not to rush him back doesn't necessarily mean Halak agreed.

smon 03-07-2009 10:27 AM

Right, I think it raises the question of who they'll go with down the stretch. At this point, I'm guessing it's Price. He is the anointed saviour after all, was drafted higher, and was supposed to be the #1 for this and many years to come.

But, Halak didn't even get a chance to play poorly.

MTL-rules 03-07-2009 10:29 AM

He should be...

Another player which Carbonneau has alienated, the list just keeps on growing, what an incompetant "coach".

Habsterix* 03-07-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadienErrant (Post 18396395)

For Christ's sake! Do people really believe the **** that they're writing here?

Had it not been true, why would Halak been left in Montreal to start the trip? :help:

FinnHab 03-07-2009 10:31 AM

Things are going to horrible direction, management must do something. Always something negative around this team:rant:

Team_Spirit 03-07-2009 10:36 AM

Just like when he played Huet and we lost 5-4 and missed it by 1 point. It's time to go, Carbo.

Lucius 03-07-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team_Spirit (Post 18396500)
Just like when he played Huet and we lost 5-4 and missed it by 1 point. It's time to go, Carbo.

HAHAHA! Wow, ok, you just took insane anti-Carbo bias to a new low.

How exactly is NOT RUSHING a goalie back from injury exactly like the time he DID RUSH a goalie back from injury?

Seriously.

tiredman 03-07-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smon (Post 18396350)
http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/...%3Fid%3D912139

So who starts against Dallas? Price was apparently quite good last night but the team was actually winning with Halak.

In 06-07, he was the best goaltender in the AHL. He gets called up at the end of the season, win many games and almost bring the team in the playoffs. Then, for the last game, they decide to put Huet back in nets... and we know how it ended.

Then, the team then decides to NOT send him back for the playoffs in the AHL, the team he has brought into the playoffs... and they decide to give Price the nets. Price then leads the team to the calder cup...

In 07-08, the team decides for some reasons to send Halak back in the AHL to make room for Price as the backup of Huet. From what I remember, that's not because Price played better at the training camp, but mostly because Gainey wanted his guy in nets. He only gets a few games after Huet gets traded at the end of the season... after having another great season in the AHL.

In 08-09, he starts the year as the backup of Price. Price then starts to play bad after the ASG and Halak wins some games in a row by himself. He gets sick and then lose his spot on front of the nets.

I would be unhappy in his situation too... he is treated unfairly by the team.

Evil Ted 03-07-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team_Spirit (Post 18396500)

Yeah no **** eh, Halak won like 10 of 12 or something comming down the stretch and they play Huet.

Halak has been treated unfairly for a while now its not just this season, Too bad for him and for the habs its a loose loose situation.

Sports1131 03-07-2009 10:45 AM

If Halak was feeling well enough to play at the top of his game he should be upset. I'm not going to be too hard on Carbo for this since I think he was only trying to give him a little bit of extra recovery time, but if Halak doesn't play in Dallas we're going to lose him.

ReVeuF 03-07-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sports1131 (Post 18396577)
If Halak was feeling well enough to play at the top of his game he should be upset. I'm not going to be too hard on Carbo for this since I think he was only trying to give him a little bit of extra recovery time, but if Halak doesn't play in Dallas we're going to lose him.

Yep, one of the few who perform well... i start to think Carbo want to lose.

Habsterix* 03-07-2009 10:51 AM

I wish there was a way to play both Price and Halak as at times, it seems like only the goalies really want to play...

Magic33 03-07-2009 10:51 AM

I would be unhappy if I were him. Its only normal. I actually feel bad for this guy. It seems he always gets fleeced. Im sure he's thinking to himself, no matter what I do here, I will never be given the opportunity to play on a consistent basis. I think this guy deserves to get games down the stretch. Fine Price played well for the first time in a long time, but Halak has played extremely well.

Newhabfan 03-07-2009 10:52 AM

Let me understand this - you're basing this whole thread on some reporter that claims that Halak's "body language clearly says he is unhappy with Carbo's decision" ????

How stupider can this thing go ?

I myself have a friend who is a mind reader and he told me clearly read in Halak's alpha waves that he was "clearly thinking about asking for a trade"

Discuss this important piece of s... arhm.. news.

The n00b King * 03-07-2009 10:58 AM

I heard that what Halak is doing with his body motions are actually gang symbols.

Watsatheo 03-07-2009 11:00 AM

I'd be pissed too if I were Halak. He won us our last 5 games.

Kimota 03-07-2009 11:06 AM

I'm getting tired of management and their golden boy.

Artyukhin* 03-07-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 18396749)
I'd be pissed too if I were Halak. He won us our last 5 games.

Halak has taken the shaft each year (after saving the season 2 times) .Yes if Price played in the 4 games Halak won us ,we already be out of the playoffs no question in my mind .

i can see how he is getting frustrated .He gets no reward for success and the ball gets handed back over to reward failure way to easy it seems .Right or wrong ,its Going to be another that leaves or gets away on us .

maci4life 03-07-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newhabfan (Post 18396660)
Let me understand this - you're basing this whole thread on some reporter that claims that Halak's "body language clearly says he is unhappy with Carbo's decision" ????

How stupider can this thing go ?

I myself have a friend who is a mind reader and he told me clearly read in Halak's alpha waves that he was "clearly thinking about asking for a trade"

Discuss this important piece of s... arhm.. news.

you're right. I'm sure he threw his hands up like he just won the lottery.