HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Officially 10th in the East tomorrow? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=617025)

NewHabsEra* 03-07-2009 08:05 PM

Officially 10th in the East tomorrow?
 
The Canes are actually leading 3-1 against Tampa, Panthers lead their game 2-0.. 1-1 Buffalo Ottawa..

The Pens facing the Caps tomorrow, Rangers against Boston..

The bad news is that every teams in the race for a playoffs spot with us are all playing their best hockey while we are looking like a bunch of lost sheep out there.. We looked more organized in the pre season.. Im not even calling these bunch of guys a team anymore..

This season is turning to be a never ending nightmare.. :shakehead

ReVeuF 03-07-2009 08:08 PM

Damn i feel like a Sens fan last year

OneSharpMarble 03-07-2009 08:10 PM

The way the Habs are playing it's only a matter of time. We really should have traded Kovalev.

Jedrik 03-07-2009 08:11 PM

What kind of talent do you think we could get with the #14 pick?

OneSharpMarble 03-07-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedrik (Post 18405263)
What kind of talent do you think we could get with the #14 pick?

Well we could always use another small soft forward! :sarcasm:

Em Ancien 03-07-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedrik (Post 18405263)
What kind of talent do you think we could get with the #14 pick?

Beastly forward Zack Kassian?

Jedrik 03-07-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble (Post 18405296)
Well we could always use another small soft forward! :sarcasm:

I'm sure there'll be a big centre available. But yeah, we'll still draft a little guy who "plays big." It'll be the feel-good story of our generation.

Montreal Typical 03-07-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedrik (Post 18405263)
What kind of talent do you think we could get with the #14 pick?

Hopefully we'll try to trade up.

Captain Saku 03-07-2009 08:16 PM

it took too long... i wish we could be in that position just before the trade deadline...

Seriously... in the past 2 months can someone tell me if we had ONE SINGLE good game? Because I can't recall any.

Gary320 03-07-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiascov (Post 18405399)
it took too long... i wish we could be in that position just before the trade deadline...

Seriously... in the past 2 months can someone tell me if we had ONE SINGLE good game? Because I can't recall any.

Well, The Penguines game on the Feb 2 and last Fridays game wasnt that bad for us.. I felt we played pretty good..

OneSharpMarble 03-07-2009 08:20 PM

The draft is deep but I dont think it is deep enough for our 13th or 14th spot pick to be anything that will knock your socks off. Probably another Chipchura or 3rd/4th liner.

Jedrik 03-07-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiascov (Post 18405399)
it took too long... i wish we could be in that position just before the trade deadline...

Seriously... in the past 2 months can someone tell me if we had ONE SINGLE good game? Because I can't recall any.

The Philly game was damn exciting, but hardly a defensive gem.

If we suck as bad for the rest of the season as we have for most of 2009, what is realistically the best pick we could expect? 10th?

ChemiseBleuHonnete 03-07-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 (Post 18405319)
Beastly forward Zack Kassian?

that would be awesome

Myron Gaines* 03-07-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 (Post 18405319)
Beastly forward Zack Kassian?

not soff enough!

Gary320 03-07-2009 08:28 PM

2-1 Ottawa. Maybe not 10 =--o..

9th maybe.. >_>

Dwight 03-07-2009 08:29 PM

Good news is we have games in hand

Bad news is we still have to win those games

Em Ancien 03-07-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchise player (Post 18405611)
that would be awesome

I'm still concerned with his skating (I haven't seen enough of him though to have a good opinion on it) and his offensive upside.

Might be a reach with a 10th-15th overall pick.

Jedrik 03-07-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chigurh (Post 18405739)
Good news is we have games in hand

Bad news is we still have to win those games

Not being able to beat teams like Atlanta and Tampa doesn't exactly put us in the driver's seat.

Montreal Typical 03-07-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary320 (Post 18405698)
2-1 Ottawa. Maybe not 10 =--o..

9th maybe.. >_>

We own the tie breaker against Carolina since we have less game played. They will have played 2 more games than us after tonight's game so they can't overtake us yet. If Buffalo loses tonight, we can't finish lower than 8th tomorrow.

HH 03-07-2009 08:41 PM

We'll be 6th even if all those teams win. We'd have more wins and/or games in hand.

Montreal Typical 03-07-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryI (Post 18406095)
We'll be 6th even if all those teams win. We'd have more wins and/or games in hand.

Yep. We can drop to 9th tomorrow though.

m00ks 03-07-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsEra (Post 18405156)
The Canes are actually leading 3-1 against Tampa, Panthers lead their game 2-0.. 1-1 Buffalo Ottawa..

The Pens facing the Caps tomorrow, Rangers against Boston..

The bad news is that every teams in the race for a playoffs spot with us are all playing their best hockey while we are looking like a bunch of lost sheep out there.. We looked more organized in the pre season.. Im not even calling these bunch of guys a team anymore..

This season is turning to be a never ending nightmare.. :shakehead

You started 2 threads about this teams troubles.

NewHabsEra* 03-07-2009 08:55 PM

7-1 Canes agaisnt Tampa and the second is not over yet.. :laugh:

Inked87 03-07-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsEra (Post 18406464)
7-1 Canes agaisnt Tampa and the second is not over yet.. :laugh:

ouch!

bipolarhabfan 03-07-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inked87 (Post 18406530)
ouch!

Now 8-1. Thats how many goals we have scored in like the last 4 games :laugh:.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.