HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Line Combos: Lines for tonight (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=617895)

HH 03-10-2009 10:51 AM

Lines for tonight

Per RDS

Tanguay-Koivu-Kostitsyn
Kovalev-Plekanec-D'Agostini
Higgins-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
Stewart-Metropolit-Dandenault

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-O'Byrne
Schneider-Gorges

Pacioretty is a scratch.

Tuggy 03-10-2009 10:53 AM

Looks good to me. I don't have a problem with the Pacioretty scratch. The kid has been looking a little tired lately (not as involved as he normally would be).

AH 03-10-2009 10:54 AM

Higgins should be scratched instead.

Erik Estrada 03-10-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryI (Post 18448983)
Per RDS

Tanguay-Koivu-Kostitsyn
D'Agostini-Plekanec-Kovalev
Higgins-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
Stewart-Metropolit-Dandenault

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-O'Byrne
Schneider-Gorges

Pacioretty is a scratch.

-I'm very happy with the general makeup of the lines.:handclap:
-I'm happy to see D'Agostini away from a grinder role.
-The MaxPac scratch is a bit of a stunner.

GoodKiwi 03-10-2009 10:55 AM

Wow...Bob bashing in 3...2...1!

I don't really understand the Pacioretty scratch myself, but I will trust Gainey with it. I love these lines otherwise. Even our D pairings look great!

Whitesnake 03-10-2009 10:58 AM

The trust effect already in order. If Carbo would have scratched Pacioretty, he would have been ridiculized once again. But then I guess Dandenault is really so valuable to the team.

Jigger77 03-10-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 18449059)
The trust effect already in order. If Carbo would have scratched Pacioretty, he would have been ridiculized once again. But then I guess Dandenault is really so valuable to the team.

Yup. Pretty funny actually.

holyhabs87 03-10-2009 11:01 AM

if i hadnt heard that maxpac said himself he was getting tired, i wouldnt be happy about that move...considering he only played 30 games in college last year, it makes sense...but i do hope its not the last we have seen of the kid this year.

WeThreeKings 03-10-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Pacioretty barely played after the sticking incident in Dallas. I'm either thinking there's some kind of injury or fatigue from coming from an NCAA schedule and into an AHL/NHL schedule so quickly. Benefit of the doubt from me.

Andrighetto Fabolous 03-10-2009 11:01 AM

Thank you Bob for keeping Andrei and Tangs together. :D

Should be excepted of MaxPac being tired as he hasn't played a full 82 game schedule before, I think D'Ago could catch fire playing on that second line.

GoodKiwi 03-10-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

I never (ever) bashed Carbo myself. In fact you will not find a negative comment I made about him here. With that said, if he put Youppi as our first line center in his first game as our coach I would trust him with that as well.

Taupy 03-10-2009 11:04 AM

Habs Inside Out are also saying that Kovalev will play on the Left Wing instead of the Right Wing. Interessing move.

Hermamoud 03-10-2009 11:05 AM

I really like the D pairings, but I'm surprised Gainey didn't dress Brisebois for his 1000th game. Maybe he's waiting for a less dangerous team.

Erik Estrada 03-10-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HulKOMInia (Post 18449106)
Habs Inside Out are also saying that Kovalev will play on the Left Wing instead of the Right Wing. Interessing move.

Trying to get him out of his comfort zone?

3hirty6ix 03-10-2009 11:06 AM

Is Price in net? Personally I don't have much of a preference as to which goalie goes in tonight, but interested nonetheless.

GoodKiwi 03-10-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HulKOMInia (Post 18449106)

Interesting indeed. Wonder if that's because D'Agostini is less comfortable playing on his off-wing and Kovalev would be more comfortable in that position being a veteran.

Andrighetto Fabolous 03-10-2009 11:07 AM

I just noticed the D pairings changed too, I really like the new pairings as Gorges looks way more confident on the right side IMO.

Jigger77 03-10-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermamoud (Post 18449124)
I really like the D pairings, but I'm surprised Gainey didn't dress Brisebois for his 1000th game. Maybe he's waiting for a less dangerous team.

I think Gainey proved beyond the shadow of a doubt yesterday that he isn't out to give personal favours. He fired someone many people (including myself) thought he would quit before firing.

I don't think giving Brisebois his 1000th game is high on the priority list right now.

flappuck 03-10-2009 11:08 AM

Pacioretty last week said that he wasn't used to playing that much and was kind of tired so having sit for a game is not a bad thing.

Hermamoud 03-10-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik Estrada (Post 18449132)
Trying to get him out of his comfort zone?

Well he did score a nice goal on the left wing against Dallas. Maybe it's to get the opposing team out of their comfort zone because they're used to all of his tricks on the right wing already (his little Kovy move when he moves towards the blue line then turns quickly towards then net and shoots top shelf). It worked a few times last year but the goalies adjusted and I think he didn't score once this year with that move.

Habs8517 03-10-2009 11:10 AM

Nice lineup.
Glad Brisebois is not in the game, i hope he never plays a game with us now that his buddy is gone.

jcpenny 03-10-2009 11:12 AM

No offense to MaxPac but hes a rookie. I really like this line up as long as the 4th line doesnt play more than 8 mins. D'ago on the left side is awsome.

Erik Estrada 03-10-2009 11:12 AM

2nd line: Kovalev (natural RW)-Plex- D'Agostini (natural RW)

-Out: MaxPac (natural LW).
-D'Agostini already has difficulty with his defensive play. Too much to ask him also to adapt to a new position?

Capitano 03-10-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny (Post 18449194)
No offense to MaxPac but hes a rookie. I really like this line up as long as the 4th line doesnt play more than 8 mins. D'ago on the left side is awsome.

When Max plays, he should play in a top 6 role - I like this move.

smon 03-10-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik Estrada (Post 18449195)
2nd line: Kovalev (natural RW)-Plex- D'Agostini (natural RW)

-Out: MaxPac (natural LW).
-D'Agostini already has difficulty with his defensive play. Too much to ask him also to adapt to a new position?

Well if D'Agostini is a natural RW, he's playing the right position. It's Kovalev who will be playing LW.

I like seeing Schneider moved to the third pairing, 5 on 5 he has not looked superb. Hopefully moving Komisarek to the top pair will wake him up a bit.