HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   koivu is better than ribero thats a fact! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=61828)

prabak11 03-13-2004 09:32 PM

koivu is better than ribero thats a fact!

in stats koivu is only like 6 points behind ribero with like 12 games less! and he is our leader our captain and our soul!

:rolly:

rib71 03-13-2004 09:32 PM

no argument here

habitue* 03-13-2004 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabby
in stats koivu is only like 6 points behind ribero with like 12 games less! and he is our leader our captain and our soul!

Don't start another thread like that ! We all know that Koivu is a more experienced and complete center ! He is also paid 4.5 milliobn dollars because of that. So relax !

electric 03-13-2004 09:34 PM

Give Ribeiro two or three more years :bow:

Mathletic 03-13-2004 09:39 PM

I guess you didn't see the 1st goal of the game

HF-Addict 03-13-2004 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
I guess you didn't see the 1st goal of the game

Does that imply Ribeiro is better than Koivu?

Guy Damien Lafleur 03-13-2004 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabby

Koivu is a more complete player than Ribs. Ribs is still young. But imagine captain K what he would have accomplished had he not got hurt in his first rookie season?

BJCOLLINS 03-13-2004 09:41 PM

we have 2 very good center's one is 6 years older than the other...come on guys they both played great tonite and beat the Laffs, leave it at that and enjoy. :) :p :p

fredez 03-13-2004 09:44 PM

Why people always need to say one player is better than another in this board? Every thread turns around in player vs player (Dagenais vs Ryder, Koivu vs Ribeiro...).

Hey, we just beat the Leafs...why not celebrate instead of ranking our players?

Habsolution 03-13-2004 09:47 PM

Yawn

tnq 03-13-2004 09:48 PM

have you seen 1st goal of Habs ? Not anybody can do that Koivu included. I don't want another Koivu- Rib war again. They are not same style but Habs will be better with both. Do you think Habs can win tonight with only Rib or Koivu. Go Habs go

Habsolution 03-13-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnq
have you seen 1st goal of Habs ? Not anybody can do that Koivu included. I don't want another Koivu- Rib war again. They are not same style but Habs will be better with both. Do you think Habs can win tonight with only Rib or Koivu. Go Habs go

Koivu can certainly do that. I agree with the rest of the post though.

tnq 03-13-2004 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolution
Koivu can certainly do that. I agree with the rest of the post though.

k
i never saw that, maybe is it not Koivu style. From what i see, Koivu style is quick shot, high speed skating but not slow like that.

Zednik 03-13-2004 09:58 PM

I prefer Ribeiro over Saku... Ribs rocks !

jimnevets 03-13-2004 10:00 PM

I'm just happy right now that we have both of them.

Trying to compare them is like trying to compare Ryder and Zednik, glad we have the two of them also :handclap:

Jeffrey 03-13-2004 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zednik
I prefer Ribeiro over Saku... Ribs rocks !

pour moi c'est le contraire !
Koivu est mon joueur favori et il se donne a fond a TOUTE les games !
Ribeiro ne le fais pas ENCORE .. mais il est jeune jvais lui laisser le temps d'apprendre !
tk personne ne pourra deloger le respect que jai pour koivu ! il est un exemple pour tout les petits joueurs fougueux et talentueux , il a un coeur grand comme toute la dinastie du canadiens en plus d'avoir le courage d'un vrai guerrier !
il merite pleinement son C de capitaine !
pour koivu : :bow:
pour ribeiro : :yo:

Kirk Muller 03-13-2004 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnq

It was a good goal, but it is something you see many many many times over the course of the year. Nice goal but nothing really out of the ordinary.

tnq 03-13-2004 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash13
It was a good goal, but it is something you see many many many times over the course of the year. Nice goal but nothing really out of the ordinary.

ok :) i don't want to discuss about because i am happy when botth can play that well. The competition makes them better. I never see Koivy play as good as that after Turgeon trade. I never see Rib stake as fast as it is right now. Is it good for the team ? I guess they both are showing their leadership and it work great :yo:

Tuggy 03-13-2004 10:28 PM

What's the point of this thread? :dunno:

Slick Nick 03-13-2004 10:29 PM

Koivu is by far better than Ribeiro. Koivu should get 95% of the credit of tonight's win, he was all over the place. Koivu was physical, he made great passes, great in his own end... Really the best player on the ice tonight!

ChemiseBleuHonnete 03-13-2004 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Nick
Koivu is by far better than Ribeiro. Koivu should get 95% of the credit of tonight's win, he was all over the place. Koivu was physical, he made great passes, great in his own end... Really the best player on the ice tonight!

I agree. Even people that aren't big Koivu fans where saying he was awesome... The guy did just about everything a player could tonite.

EaGLE1 03-13-2004 10:54 PM

They are both very good centres. Those who say that Koivu is better because he have more ppg dont realise that he play at least 2 more minutes that Ribs per game.
Ribs prove this year that he can also score goals...something that Koivu have difficulty doing. It's also the first year that Ribeiro have lots of ice time. We can almost say that it's a rookie season for him. Koivu had something like 20 goals-22 passes on this rookie year. (and the hockey was way more open at this time)

Habsolution 03-13-2004 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EaGLE1
They are both very good centres. Those who say that Koivu is better because he have more ppg dont realise that he play at least 2 more minutes that Ribs per game.

Those who say ribs is better also forget the reason why Koivu plays more is because CJ knows who is the man that leads this team on the ice with his dedication and hard work. They also forget that Koivu gets tougher assignments.

Thomas 03-13-2004 11:01 PM

The only important thing is we have two great offensive minded centers, no need to constantly fight over which is best. Both have their shortcomings, but both have a unique aspect to their game. Does it really matter if they are both smallish? We've done more than anyone expected of us this season, and both are playing great for us. We finally have two REAL offensive lines to be proud of, both of which can score goals when needed. Lets give them both our support and hope for a good playoffs from both, we still have a long way to go :handclap:

Raider917 03-13-2004 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolution
Those who say ribs is better also forget the reason why Koivu plays more is because CJ knows who is the man that leads this team on the ice with his dedication and hard work. They also forget that Koivu gets tougher assignments.

who starts these threads? it was propably a leaf fan disgiused as a canadiens fan. any canadiens fanwho would start such a topic might as well go on the leafs bandwagon cause you useless on ours.