HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Need info on CCM Vector V06's... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=618667)

quesocheese 03-12-2009 12:45 PM

Need info on CCM Vector V06's...

Does anyone have experience with these skates? Any problems with the scalloped runner? I am an intermediate level player, 6'-5", 200 lbs. Just looking for any and all info on these skates. Any info is much appreciated. Are they solid? How will they hold up? I play 1-2 times a week, intermediate level like I said.

I just bought some Easton Synergy SE6's and they were too narrow for my feet so I am going to try some width E CCM's hoping that will solve the problem.

I really wanted to go with the V08's but those are just too expensive for my level of play I think. But I don't want crap skates either.

TBLightningFan 03-12-2009 12:52 PM

I just got those skates. They have been awesome so far and are very comfortable. I haven't had any problems with the skates anyway. My skate issue in another thread is very likely because if my inexperience. Which hopefully I finally worked out.

I've only been skating for about 7 weeks now, so I know my opinion doesn't mean too much. :)

quesocheese 03-12-2009 12:59 PM

Thanks for the response. Yeah, those Eastons I had are not comfortable at all. I was in some old Bauer Vapor 3's before that so I really needed something better. I ordered the Vector 06's online since I can't buy them anywhere near me so I'm hoping they will work!

BadHammy* 03-12-2009 10:38 PM

I think that since you are 200 lbs, the skates might not really last long for you. Especially if you're a hard skater or have powerful legs. If you only play maybe twice a week, it's hard to say...

adaminnj 03-12-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBLightningFan (Post 18489858)
I just got those skates. They have been awesome so far and are very comfortable. I haven't had any problems with the skates anyway. My skate issue in another thread is very likely because if my inexperience. Which hopefully I finally worked out.

I've only been skating for about 7 weeks now, so I know my opinion doesn't mean too much. :)

Awww man you haven't given up on the 252s already have you?

I like CCM even though I skate Vapors.

LTNINGFan 03-12-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adaminnj (Post 18504634)
Awww man you haven't given up on the 252s already have you?

I like CCM even though I skate Vapors.

Heh, I think that was me you meant about the 252's :D

Those were on ebay and I missed out on them. But I have my eye on a couple other pairs;)

adaminnj 03-12-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTNINGFan (Post 18504909)
Heh, I think that was me you meant about the 252's :D

Those were on ebay and I missed out on them. But I have my eye on a couple other pairs;)

At least your both Lightning fans right ;) did I say I'm getting old?

LTNINGFan 03-12-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adaminnj (Post 18505358)
At least your both Lightning fans right ;) did I say I'm getting old?

I can see why you were confused. I am sure I would have done the same thing :D