HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Evander Kane Tribute (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=618732)

Acekicker123 03-12-2009 04:48 PM

Evander Kane Tribute

:handclap:

Love the hit 12 seconds in.

Kane’s speed and strength really show.

Catches up to the other forward like he’s standing still and wipes him the **** out.

Asquaredx2 03-12-2009 05:29 PM

Awesome hit at 0:58.

Falcons93 03-12-2009 11:21 PM

meh...I've always been pretty low on Kane...but after watching this i'd say he's alot better than i thought

chewey 03-13-2009 12:58 AM

Great video man! I hope the Avs can get him. :yo:

alienanton* 03-13-2009 01:19 AM

ace, dont tell the leafs board, but ive always wanted kane before schenn.

Operation Hot Mother 03-13-2009 01:37 AM

Was really looking forward to getting him. I guess the sens could still win the lottery :(

orcatown 03-13-2009 02:02 AM

I couldn't thump the tub any louder for Kane. He looks like a young Joe Sakic with potentially more size. The progression has been remarkable and IMO people are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. Can't see how he will not be dominant, in time, in the NHL.

Unfortunately the Canucks have no chance of getting him. Yet I would almost be willing to give up Hodgson to get him.

Adam Larsson 03-13-2009 02:14 PM

Could someone who's seen him play a lot compare him to a current NHL player style wise? Also, what's his highest potential if he does reach that? Just from the video he reminded me of Parise in the way he scores his goals. Or maybe that's because he wears #9, is a lefty, and is of similar size.:sarcasm:

Canuck71 03-13-2009 02:15 PM

He sure has proven to be a great finisher. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him go 3rd overall.

alienanton* 03-13-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuck71 (Post 18512285)
He sure has proven to be a great finisher. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him go 3rd overall.

eh, i dont see any team taking him before duchene.

but 4-7 is a huge tossup between kane, schenn, cowen, and msp.

Andrew B 03-13-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alienanton (Post 18512392)
eh, i dont see any team taking him before duchene.

but 4-7 is a huge tossup between kane, schenn, cowen, and msp.

What this man said.

Talk about a player picking his stock up all in 1 year.

rt 03-13-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew B (Post 18512425)
What this man said.

Talk about a player picking his stock up all in 1 year.

I remember reading his name mentioned as a potential first rounder last year. He did move way up to top five, in just a season, but he didn't really come out of nowhere, ala Penoit Pouliot or Andrew Ladd.

Andrew B 03-13-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 18512843)
I remember reading his name mentioned as a potential first rounder last year. He did move way up to top five, in just a season, but he didn't really come out of nowhere, ala Penoit Pouliot or Andrew Ladd.

I remember in October talking about him being 15-20. Moving up into challenging for #4 is a very good improvement.

Jonathan Iilahti* 03-13-2009 03:52 PM

He's always had the talent, but this year he's made a real commitment to his physical fitness and it has paid off. He went from 160 to 190 lbs and that extra muscle has made him a dominant force in the dub. I have a feeling that Colorado will draft him, and he will fit perfectly on their team. I'm almost scared to think what he would to the WHL if he is left in Vancouver for one more year.

Acekicker123 03-13-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elias to Parise (Post 18512267)
Could someone who's seen him play a lot compare him to a current NHL player style wise? Also, what's his highest potential if he does reach that? Just from the video he reminded me of Parise in the way he scores his goals. Or maybe that's because he wears #9, is a lefty, and is of similar size.:sarcasm:

Jarome Iginla. Kane's got about 2 inches on Parise right now, and projects to be more of a power forward build at the NHL level.

Similar to Iginla because:

- Plays an all-around game: hits, fights, gets his nose dirty, has a lot of heart and tenacity, and scores goals like no tomorrow
- Like Iginla, Kane has an uncanny ability to find the seams and get open in the slot in the offensive zone
- Really efficient scorers, give them half a second to let off a one-timer in the slot and it's done
- Both do a lot of damage by parking themselves in front of the net
- Kane projects to have a nearly identical build
- Both played on excellent junior teams and kind of came out of nowhere with huge breakout seasons, though Evander actually has BETTER numbers than Iginla

And coincidentally, Don Hay, the guy who coached the Kamloops team with Iginla and Doan from way back, now also coaches Kane. And according to Don, Kane is more advanced than Iginla was at his age.

Adam Larsson 03-14-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acekicker123 (Post 18515099)
Jarome Iginla. Kane's got about 2 inches on Parise right now, and projects to be more of a power forward build at the NHL level.

Similar to Iginla because:

- Plays an all-around game: hits, fights, gets his nose dirty, has a lot of heart and tenacity, and scores goals like no tomorrow
- Like Iginla, Kane has an uncanny ability to find the seams and get open in the slot in the offensive zone
- Really efficient scorers, give them half a second to let off a one-timer in the slot and it's done
- Both do a lot of damage by parking themselves in front of the net
- Kane projects to have a nearly identical build
- Both played on excellent junior teams and kind of came out of nowhere with huge breakout seasons, though Evander actually has BETTER numbers than Iginla

And coincidentally, Don Hay, the guy who coached the Kamloops team with Iginla and Doan from way back, now also coaches Kane. And according to Don, Kane is more advanced than Iginla was at his age.

Nice. I've been keeping track of Evander and really wanted the Devils to get him in the 1st round since last year or so. But obvioulsy he progressed tremendously and is now a guaranteed top-6 pick and will be picked way before the Devils turn to pick. So im disapointed we won't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting him, but i'm happy to see the kid doing so well. I also didn't realize he was 6'1", I guess you really can't trust hockeydb.com when it comes to height and weight ha.

apsco17 03-14-2009 02:51 PM

Yeah, Vancouver Giant fans should enjoy him this year, as I doubt he'll be back.

Cowtown 03-14-2009 02:54 PM

Evander will be a high first round pick and his game has definatly come a long way. But I have to laugh at the start of this video. The first hit that is shown is a slew foot on the prince george player. Then the fight is against a 16 year old rookie from chilliwack in his first fight ever and Evander is trying to bury his head so he doesn't get hit. Sorry but I had to laugh.

Magnus Fulgur 03-14-2009 03:24 PM

Atlanta has interviewed and scouted Kane extensively. If they keep playing well and don't pick in the top three they will be taking Kane if he's available. He's definitely Atlanta's "Plan B" this year at the draft.

The Fuhr* 03-14-2009 03:47 PM

How does Kane differ from what Brule brought in the WHL?

Acekicker123 03-14-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fuhr (Post 18527970)

3 more inches, 8 more points in 10 less games played?

Moskau 03-14-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fuhr (Post 18527970)

Well for starters Kane is already 3" taller and 10 lbs bigger than Brule is currently. There's no reason why he can't get up to 6'2" and 210-220 lbs by his first training camp.

Brule's wrecking ball style just wasn't going to hold up to the higher levels and a lot of people called it. That's not to say I believe he still can't have a nice career but he's a player who put up a ton of points because few players were willing to stand in his way at a much lower level. His abilities in my opinion were always way over hyped on these boards because people wanted someone to latch onto amidst all of the Crosby hate.

SlowShot 03-14-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowtown (Post 18527187)
Evander will be a high first round pick and his game has definatly come a long way. But I have to laugh at the start of this video. The first hit that is shown is a slew foot on the prince george player. Then the fight is against a 16 year old rookie from chilliwack in his first fight ever and Evander is trying to bury his head so he doesn't get hit. Sorry but I had to laugh.

:laugh:That kid who he fought is in my english class and there is no way that he is 185 from what is shows on the Bruins site. He still has alot to fill out. From what I see when the Bruins play the Giants is that he is fast , good shot, and is gritty.

Payaso619* 03-14-2009 05:27 PM

I really hope the Canucks can find a way to pick him up in the 1st round.

AUC2MIC 03-14-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orcatown (Post 18506506)
I couldn't thump the tub any louder for Kane. He looks like a young Joe Sakic with potentially more size. The progression has been remarkable and IMO people are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. Can't see how he will not be dominant, in time, in the NHL.

Unfortunately the Canucks have no chance of getting him. Yet I would almost be willing to give up Hodgson to get him.

LOL you canucks fans are silly :laugh:

Trying to candidly big up Hodgson in a Evander Kane thread... nice try buddy