HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Western Europe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Benjamin Conz potential (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=619729)

TheFirstSaviour 03-15-2009 05:35 PM

Benjamin Conz potential

What type of potential does this kid have? How does he compare to Hiller in terms of potential? Where is he projected to be drafted? Does he intend on moving to North America, and if so when? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...-nest/955.html

TheFirstSaviour 03-24-2009 04:55 PM

Really, no one has anything on this guy? CSB has him at number 6?

dsg89 03-24-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFirstSaviour (Post 18547390)
What type of potential does this kid have? How does he compare to Hiller in terms of potential? Where is he projected to be drafted? Does he intend on moving to North America, and if so when? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...-nest/955.html

He's quite good, I mean his only 17 and he played good playoffs this year. His team lost the series 4:0 but he wasn't the reason why they are on holiday now. He is a part of the u18 Swiss national team and he will play in April in Fargo/Moorehead. I will have a talk to him later this month and during the Championship. I can tell you more about him after this event.

TheFirstSaviour 03-25-2009 02:09 PM

Thank you for that insight! Switzerland is doing something right in goal, eh? I would love to know what his intentions are in terms of development. If he is selected in the CHL draft, will he go over to NA?

How do you think he compares to Hiller, Aebischer, Gerber, etc. at the same age? I know the article touched on it a little, but anything else you have would be helpful.

I look forward to your follow up.

Are you a member of the media, a friend, or a hockey professional yourself? Sorry if I am getting too personal.

stv11 03-26-2009 03:49 AM

Regarding the comparison with other goalies, Conz is way ahead of the usual curve having started so much games before his draft age. Hiller was a backup for Davos until age 21 when he shared the starts for bottom feeder Lausanne before having his breakout season for Davos at age 22. Gerber basically was nowhere at 17 : he was playing amateur hockey in the tier-4 league before being called back by his hometown team of Langnau in the tier-3 league, which get promoted and allowed him to make his NLB debut at age 20, then earned another promotion 4 years later, making his NLA debut at age 24. After three seasons, he went to Färjestad of the Swedish league and won the championship in his only season there before moving to Anaheim. Aebischer played a few games at age 19, then left for North America.

The only comparison I can think is Tobias Stephan who stood on his head as a starter for the worse team in the league in his draft year. He then returned to Kloten where he played four ok seasons before leaving for the Stars organisation.

Regarding Conz's intentions, I don't think I ever read anything about it, so no idea if he's interested in playing in the CHL.

dsg89 03-26-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFirstSaviour (Post 18706605)
Thank you for that insight! Switzerland is doing something right in goal, eh? I would love to know what his intentions are in terms of development. If he is selected in the CHL draft, will he go over to NA?

How do you think he compares to Hiller, Aebischer, Gerber, etc. at the same age? I know the article touched on it a little, but anything else you have would be helpful.

I look forward to your follow up.

Are you a member of the media, a friend, or a hockey professional yourself? Sorry if I am getting too personal.

In my opinion he's got the better chances, playing in the NHL as Tobias Stephan. Conz is more constantly. I hope he will leave Servette as soon as possible, because of their Headcoach. He won't have much chances to play as the number 1 goalie in Geneva. I think the best for Conz would be, he goes to North America and work hard for a debut in the biggest and most excitiest Hockey league, the NHL.

I am a member of the media, yes. I write for hockeyfans.ch, which is a small but nice Homepage about international hockey.

TheFirstSaviour 03-26-2009 10:44 AM

He sounds like an interesting prospect, for sure. It is a pretty weak year for goalies once again, so Conz has some interesting mid to late round appeal.

I take it he will be the started in Fargo. I look forward to seeing him there.

dsg89 04-22-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsg89 (Post 18691751)
He's quite good, I mean his only 17 and he played good playoffs this year. His team lost the series 4:0 but he wasn't the reason why they are on holiday now. He is a part of the u18 Swiss national team and he will play in April in Fargo/Moorehead. I will have a talk to him later this month and during the Championship. I can tell you more about him after this event.

As I promised, I talked to Benjamin Conz. Because of his bad performances during the U18 he probably fall down and I am not sure if he will get drafted in summer. I hope he will and if he get drafted in the chl draft, I would say he will leave Switzerland and he goes to north america.

TheFirstSaviour 04-22-2009 03:53 PM

I would be willing to bet that he will be taken in a CHL draft in this case - late rounds. In a few games he was voted Swiss man of the match and he was also selected as one of the top three players by the Swiss coaches. Do you really think he played poorly?

TheFirstSaviour 04-22-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsg89 (Post 19215682)
As I promised, I talked to Benjamin Conz.

You are doing an excellent job from New York. If there is anything I can do to help you from Basel, please let me know.

stv11 04-23-2009 02:51 AM

I think you have him confused with swisshockey

dsg89 04-23-2009 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFirstSaviour (Post 19222326)
I would be willing to bet that he will be taken in a CHL draft in this case - late rounds. In a few games he was voted Swiss man of the match and he was also selected as one of the top three players by the Swiss coaches. Do you really think he played poorly?

Well, he had a good game and he stopped shots but he did not do more than that. For a weak team like Switzerland, he should be the hero, the show stopper and he played ok, but this is not enough in my opinion. I was a lil bit dissapointed from Conz, I've expected more from him. He also was not happy with his own performance. But he has the potential and I think he can progress his play.

TheFirstSaviour 04-24-2009 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stv11 (Post 19236014)
I think you have him confused with swisshockey

Sorry about that. Well if there is anything I can do to help any of you out, please let me know. :help:

TheFirstSaviour 04-24-2009 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsg89 (Post 19236347)
Well, he had a good game and he stopped shots but he did not do more than that. For a weak team like Switzerland, he should be the hero, the show stopper and he played ok, but this is not enough in my opinion. I was a lil bit dissapointed from Conz, I've expected more from him. He also was not happy with his own performance. But he has the potential and I think he can progress his play.

A few scouting sites I have seen identified him for having a good tournment, despite the team's troubles. Here's one:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/listing...-Hot-List.html

MrSports* 02-17-2010 02:59 PM

In my opinion, I think he will be drafted in CHL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRscGAwuNOc

MB94 09-12-2010 02:56 PM

Bump. He didn't get drafted by the NHL but anything on him right now?

swissexpert 09-13-2010 08:15 AM

he'll play another season in the first swiss league as a starter on one of the bad teams, this is definitely not the best way to develop, but it should make him stronger physically.
I really don't know why he hasn't been drafted because I still think he's a lot of potential and will play in the NHL one day!

MB94 09-13-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swissexpert (Post 27756357)
he'll play another season in the first swiss league as a starter on one of the bad teams, this is definitely not the best way to develop, but it should make him stronger physically.
I really don't know why he hasn't been drafted because I still think he's a lot of potential and will play in the NHL one day!

The problem is that he won't be the starting goalie because Geneve already has one.

stv11 09-14-2010 04:57 AM

He's been loaned to Langnau and will get playing time there.

jonas2244 09-24-2010 02:33 PM

I didn't see much of Langnau yet, but I think he had a very strong start into the season and is one of the main reasons why Langnau is quite good at the moment.

MB94 09-24-2010 10:23 PM

I agree. I've been following him a bit and seems to being doing well. I really hope to see him in the NHL soon!!
I love the way he plays and hope he get's a chance.

jonas2244 10-28-2010 05:05 AM

Conz just got his first call-up for the Swiss National-team. He'll play his first international senior game at the "Deutschland" Cup.

swisdan 10-28-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonas2244 (Post 28585908)
Conz just got his first call-up for the Swiss National-team. He'll play his first international senior game at the "Deutschland" Cup.

Ok but it's a kind of "-25 years" selection. 15 rookies are on this list.

jonas2244 10-28-2010 12:28 PM

Sure, but he really deserves it and I really think he is one out of 5 keepers playing in Switzerland who will have a shot for the WC (Genoni, Flüeler, Manzato, Stephan, Conz). For me he was the best keeper in the NLA until now and this is quite something special, with players like Huet, Markannen, Bührer and Stephan.

MB94 10-28-2010 07:28 PM

Go King Conz!!