HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Garth Murray's roomate... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=62029)

Fletch 03-14-2004 06:17 PM

Garth Murray's roomate...

we can say as much as we want about Messier - as negative as you want to be - but how stoked is Murray to have Messier as a linemate and a roommate. That kid probably has a million of questions for the Old Man, and his experience can be invaluable to a guy like Murray - who, if all goes well for him and he develops into an NHLer, will likely be a captain, and who better to learn from? Gotta believe there was some thinking going on prior to bunking the Captain with the Kid.

Ranger Blue 03-14-2004 07:51 PM

I don't know... the idea of Messier bunking with one of the kids kind of gives me chills....Bad ones. ;)

pld459666 03-14-2004 09:25 PM

From that interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
we can say as much as we want about Messier - as negative as you want to be - but how stoked is Murray to have Messier as a linemate and a roommate. That kid probably has a million of questions for the Old Man, and his experience can be invaluable to a guy like Murray - who, if all goes well for him and he develops into an NHLer, will likely be a captain, and who better to learn from? Gotta believe there was some thinking going on prior to bunking the Captain with the Kid.

I thought that Murray was talking about Jed beign his roommate and both of them joking about being Messier's linemates.

pld459666 03-14-2004 09:27 PM

I do agree that this is where Mess is needed

not a player, not a coach but someone that the teams youngsters can go to regarding all sorts of situations on and off the ice.

I would totally understand if the Rangers paid him a players salary for that kind of guidence.

in the hall 03-14-2004 09:52 PM

ortmeyer is his room mate.. he said something like "hes my room mate and we were talking about how cool it was playing with mark"

trowa 03-14-2004 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger Blue
I don't know... the idea of Messier bunking with one of the kids kind of gives me chills....Bad ones. ;)

His roommate is Mark Messier not Michael Jackson ;)

BigE 03-15-2004 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall
ortmeyer is his room mate.. he said something like "hes my room mate and we were talking about how cool it was playing with mark"

Messier and Leetch used to be roommies but now that Leetch is gone, Murray has filled in. Al and Garth were talking about it after the first period of the game a few nights ago.

in the hall 03-15-2004 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigE
Messier and Leetch used to be roommies but now that Leetch is gone, Murray has filled in. Al and Garth were talking about it after the first period of the game a few nights ago.

not the way i heard it.. i saw the same interview that is where i was paraphrasing from and i assume it is what pld also heard....

Ranger Blue 03-15-2004 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trowa

Uh huh.... ;)

Jackson Ranger 03-15-2004 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trowa

I want to go on the record and state I am NOT Michael Jackson!!! :joker:

Fletch 03-15-2004 08:21 AM

Too late Jackson...

you're cover is blown. Now Beat It!

As for who Murray's roommate was...I thought it was Messier after hearing the interview. He said they talk a lot and he (Murray) was getting close to coming out of the closet - and telling Mark that he has a poster of him above his bed (with Al saying, of course, that that news is now out).

And not sure why the possibility of Messier being Murray's roommate gives you the chills Ranger Blue. It's an experience Murray can only learn from.

Fletch 03-15-2004 08:24 AM

And here's what Mess says on Balej...

"I really wanted a chance to play with him because when you play with someone, you get a chance to see how they react in situations," Messier said. "He's got excellent hockey standards. He's got a real nose for the net and you can tell he really wants to score."

Told that Messier his childhood idol had praised him, he seemed overwhelmed.

"That makes me feel good," Balej said. "He helps me a lot off the ice and on the ice. Before the game, he pulled me aside and told me to keep shooting. 'You have speed, use it. Just stay on your side.' "

I'm beginning to think that the experience over these last 10 games, for many of these kids, may end up being as valuable as that 5th rounder the Rangers would've gotten in return for Messier.

Ranger Blue 03-15-2004 08:34 AM

Close to coming out of the closet..... Um... this is just too easy. Nevermind :D

Jackson Ranger 03-15-2004 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
you're cover is blown. Now Beat It!

As for who Murray's roommate was...I thought it was Messier after hearing the interview. He said they talk a lot and he (Murray) was getting close to coming out of the closet - and telling Mark that he has a poster of him above his bed (with Al saying, of course, that that news is now out).

And not sure why the possibility of Messier being Murray's roommate gives you the chills Ranger Blue. It's an experience Murray can only learn from.

You've got me Fletch. :handclap: :D It feels good to finally have the truth be told. Good thing I'm only about two miles away from Asbury Park right now! :lol:

Seriously, if there is one player on this team who will benefit from Mess, it's Murray.